India vs Yemen International Football Friendly, 14th Nov 2012

Comments

• samiamsamiam 1614 Points

India in FIFA13 Game ,not singapore nott vietnam lol
    :)) :D

ok on a serious note i am very happy match is held in assam and not in delhi.The north east states truly deserve all the international friendly matches of india,Their support and dedication towards indian football is UNLIMITED

• Although Yemen is the worst team from Middle East, India's record against yemen is not good. In 2002 world cup qualifiers, we managed to draw against them twice even though we had Bhutia and Vijayan. Later on we lost badly against them at Delhi and Pune. hopefully we will beat them this time.

• ajmalajmal 1208 Points
    edited October 2012

> munna21977 said:
    > Although Yemen is the worst team from Middle East, India's record against yemen is not good. In 2002 world cup qualifiers, we managed to draw against them twice even though we had Bhutia and Vijayan. Later on we lost badly against them at Delhi and Pune. hopefully we will beat them this time.

but remember we are one of the best team from  SAFF<):)

:))
  • RonnyRonny 10450 Points

> munna21977 said:
    > Although Yemen is the worst team from Middle East, India's record against yemen is not good. In 2002 world cup qualifiers, we managed to draw against them twice even though we had Bhutia and Vijayan. Later on we lost badly against them at Delhi and Pune. hopefully we will beat them this time.

I think no team from middle east is worst when it comes to us..yes comparatively weaker I wud say..eaarlier Lebanon used to be in there place but not today..even though lets not forget Yemen have had one appearance in the u-17 wc

• Arsenalkid700Arsenalkid700 7 Points
    edited October 2012

Meh, many unexpected countries make the U17 and U20 World Cups. Does not really say anything about senior football (due to lack of nurturing etc afterwards).

Anyway back to the game... In between now and 14 November we will have 3 Rounds of I-League... 21 games. Add that to what we already have and that means that we are 35 games into the season by the time this game is played. Is this enough time for newer players to show Wim what they got and what they can bring to the table.

I don't know why but yesterday I had free time after an exam so I watched Pune FC I-League highlights from last season. I feel, after that, if we can have a front line of Jeje and Chhetri and then have Subhash Singh play just behind them then we can have a very good technical team and a very fast player. Add to that team Lalrindika, Sanju, CK Vineeth and Jewel Raja and that is a pretty good force in attack.

Jewel hasnt done enough to impress Wim to get a place in the playing 11..maybe Lester can do well to get a call.he is fast..Sanju is there but it seems he's not able to perform fully at international level..maybe a goal might do the magic for him as he needs more confidence...
    I really hope Subhash,Jeje and Dika score atleast twice in the next 3 rounds..Wim must also consider having Naoba atleast in the camp..Nirmal and Denzil shud not take their places for granted..I want Arnab also in the squad now as he has done well and definitely is better than Gurwinder..about time Robin is shown the door as he is already thinking he is of national team material!!

• JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points

Gurwindar is better than arnab & raju.

• Agree about Robin, it is obvious he is only being selected for height and physic. He has not done much of anything on the pitch to warent a call-up to the India NT. To be honest I always saw him as one overrated player who has potential but who people make up to be the real deal already. For Robin to be considered again he needs to start becoming a goalscorer or that chance is over, many other players are waiting by the door.

Lester is a bench player at Prayag now. 1 cap only off the bench. That is not good enough for the India NT. I don't care about his speed. I would then rather see him do something with that speed and prove to Sanjoy Sen that he should start ahead of players like Shylo or Sukhen Dey. Then he has a chance.

Lester will prove his worth soon at Prayag and dropping Robin wud actually be good for him as he wud work harder and score goals to make his place back..let see how the next 3 rounds shape up

• JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points

Guys let us know your 20 member indian team vs yemen & we whould look who got most what wim whould select.