I League Player Transfers News & Rumors 2013-14

Comments

• shankarshankar 2600 Points
    Domnic wrote: »
    John Wilkinson tweeted: Dave Booth just told by Salgaocar that they can't afford to keep him as
    coach next season.....shame, I know he was planning strong team.<br><br>Wilkinson himself has decided to return back to Singapore next season.<br>

<br><div><br></div><div><br></div><div>Why are these things so open I will never know.</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>This is india and here this is the way everything works...</div><div>everyone makes too much advantage of one thing called democracy.... </div>
  • shankar wrote: »
    Domnic wrote: »
    John Wilkinson tweeted: Dave Booth just told by Salgaocar that they can't afford to keep him as
    coach next season.....shame, I know he was planning strong team.<br><br>Wilkinson himself has decided to return back to Singapore next season.<br>

<br><div><br></div><div><br></div><div>Why are these things so open I will never know.</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>This is india and here this is the way everything works...</div><div>everyone makes too much advantage of one thing called democracy.... </div>

<br><div><br></div><div>Well it is not just India. Its almost every player that does this in any league but in India he will not be fined. I mean why would you admit such things before the season is over. Great way to get the fans against you. Now expect shouting against Booth for leaving club for money.</div>
  • Baberto wrote: »
    Bulpin has rightly stated, " The problem with Indian football is that you keep bringing in strikers from Africa. "<br>What does players like N.D.Opara, Muritala Ali, Koko Sakibo, O. J. Obatola, Henry Ezeh and Junior Obagbemiro has to offer?<br>Yakubu is a legend and Eric Brown is good. Odafa is a basketball player who tries to bully the defenders. Ranti has good movements and always stay calm. Chidi's style of play is somewhat different; he can accelerate anytime and doesn't carry the star-image with him. Henri Antchouet has powerful shots and presence of mind. Moga is just over-rated.<br> <br>If we consider the other forwards, Balal Arezou might have scored 9 goals in 10 apps for his national team, but he has been a total waste in Norway. Andrew Barisić has good pace, he is scoring goals and is a true team player, but he lacks skills. Same with Kayne Vincent, he cannot challenge a defender, he cannot dodge past someone. Tolgay Özbey was good, had great pace and dodging skills, but somehow lost them.Haven't seen Boima Karpeh but he has been scoring goals regularly. What can I say about Josimar da Silva Martins, he doesn't have the physic to play football. Sho Kamimura, Seiya Sugishita and Taisuke Matsugae should be given time, it looks like that they have potential, but time will only tell. Juanfri has a great CV, but that doesn't earn you a contract, does it? Who are Salau Nuruddin and Pablo Rodríguez? Do they play football? And of course, Edinho Júnior is a class apart, but he is here for a holiday.<br><br>Now how can players like Beevan D'Mello, Branco Cardozo, Shankar Orao or Lalmohan Hansda show their worth. Perhaps we should start counting the no. of Indian forwards who are only signed to warm the benches. At least then they can come up in discussions,<br>

<br><div><br></div><div><br></div><div>Sounds like we are just saying that all Africans are bad when that is not the truth. The majority of Africans here are crap and shit but the rest are okay. Henry at least provides. Odafa as well as much as I hate to say it. Ranti surely does as well. Ezeh is 21 (supposedly) so he has potential.</div><div><br></div><div>The problem here is the Africans we sign are the ones from facebook etc and we pay them more than anyone would. Would Odafa be a 2 crore man in any other country? No. And there are plenty of better options out there that are cheaper.</div><div><br></div><div>I always like comparing the I-League to the 3rd tier of the United States, the USL Pro and here it is:</div><div><br></div><div>The USL Pro is a better quality league with low-paid players while the I-League is of worst quality on the pitch but with high payed players.</div><div><br></div><div>Think about that for a minute.</div>

<br><br><br>USA model cannot be compared. Salary is low always-whether it is working in fast food, Retail, University Research or Soccer. maybe Medical insurance costs a lot for  players there.<br> :P
  • Arsenalkid700Arsenalkid700 7 Points
    edited April 2013
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Oh stop munna when talking about soccer in the US. The reason it is low pay is because it is the 3rd tier. Players in the MLS are payed very well for the level they play at.</font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">I dont get you. You dont like the US soccer model and then you try to back it up it with wrong claims like the latino populations (which is completely the opposite).</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Thierry Henry was payed $5,000,000 last year in salary alone. The average MLS rookie earns $30,000 the whole year. The average MLS salary $150,000 for the whole year. That is really good. Sure it is not like the NBA where a rookie can earn $1,000,000 in his rookie season alone or the MLB where 20 game per season </font><span style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: small; ">(out of 162)</span><span style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: small; "> man Mariano Rivera earns $10,000,000 per year but for a league that had to start from scratch, from the bottom in 1993 where all people would talk about in terms of soccer was the Bundesliga and Brazil's national team, we rose. Popularity has grown big time, we are now ahead of the NHL and the NBA in attendances. We are the 8th most attended football league in the world. And our newer players are getting and younger with the recent signing of Odefemi Martins. We may not be fully there, I wont overestimate the MLS but we are bigger than you give us credit for.</span></div><div><span style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: small; "><br></span></div><div><span style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: small; ">Anyway back to what I was saying about the USL Pro. Again it is 3rd tier. Obviously wages wont be high. In fact that is the same for all minor league sports in America. Double A Baseball is low salary with the highest earners (not including MLB rehab players) is around $10,000 for the full year. Double A is the equal of 3rd tier for baseball. But one thing the USL Pro does have though despite the low wages and salaries is the better quality than I-League.</span></div><div><span style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: small; "><br></span></div><div><span style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: small; ">And how is that. How can a league in the 3rd tier which does not pay as well have better quality than a league that does pay over the market price like I-League? </span></div><div><span style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: small; "><br></span></div><div><span style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: small; ">And why am I saying this? Because it is stupid. I want to see Indian football improve. I want the I-League to improve yet when I see clubs just splash money on low-lives who dont do anything in return for us I just dont get why. Then I see the USL Pro use the small money they have and sign a good player from the 3rd tier of Brazil. It </span><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">ludicrous, it really is.</font></div>
  • @Arsenalkid700 ;   <br><br>your statement :- <span style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: small;">Thierry
    Henry was payed $5,000,000 last year in salary alone. The average MLS
    rookie earns $30,000 the whole year. The average MLS salary $150,000 for
    the whole year. That is really good.<br><br>are you sure average shows the true pic of salary or Median will be a better figure. What is Median salary in MLS??? Very high salary to some old stars like Beckham or Thierre Henry to get some TV eyeballs skew the average salary towards high side.  Cost of living in USA is high and 30 K given to rookie MLS player is Janitor salary in USA.<br></span>
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    edited April 2013
    munna21977 wrote: »
    @Arsenalkid700 ;   <br><br>your statement :- <span style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: small;">Thierry
    the whole year. That is really good.<br><br>are you sure average shows the true pic of salary or Median will be a better figure. What is Median salary in MLS??? Very high salary to some old stars like Beckham or Thierre Henry to get some TV eyeballs skew the average salary towards high side.  Cost of living in USA is high and 30 K given to rookie MLS player is Janitor salary in USA.<br></span>

<br><div><br></div><div>@munna<;/div><div><br></div><div>If you earn $30K as a rookie, you also have a few perks from playing at MLS.</div><div>The insurance is covered, they have kit sponsors, so get all their gear for free unlike Indian players who spend almost a lakh a year on their boots & other playing accessories. FYI Indian GK's buy their own gloves !! even Subrata Pal...ffs</div><div><br></div><div>Also , at MLS and 2nd Div level int eh US , the players do "community service" for the clubs , and a lot of this is often camps, & camps can be very lucrative.</div><div>SOme of my players who played D2 in the US made smaller than MLS players salaries, but if you added their coaching ( camps ) income they grossed over 6 figures.</div><div><br></div><div>Before you start making dumb comments like comparing things to janitor salaries... Indian players quality of life is no better than the average janitor !!</div><div>The dressing rooms at Ambedkar in Delhi are worse than a Janitors closet !!</div><div><br></div><div>How many clubs' in India provide medical insurance for the players families ?</div><div>How many clubs in India ensure all their players leave the club with a minimum of a B license ?</div><div><br></div><div>I think u get the point , so I'll spare u......</div>
  • JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points
    So after all this what the point? That with side income american 3rd tier players get more money than what I-league players get. So what the argeument about.
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">
    munna21977 wrote: »
    @Arsenalkid700 ;   </font><br><br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">your statement :- </font><span style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: small; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">Thierry
    the whole year. That is really good.<br><br>are you sure average shows the true pic of salary or Median will be a better figure. What is Median salary in MLS??? Very high salary to some old stars like Beckham or Thierre Henry to get some TV eyeballs skew the average salary towards high side.  Cost of living in USA is high and 30 K given to rookie MLS player is Janitor salary in USA.<br></span><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">Taking away the Designated Players the average salary is still $90,000 in 2012. </div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">The rookie salary is fine. Remember this is football in America, you are not going to become a professional at the top league and live like you would in England where everything is lavish. And the next season your salary is guaranteed to increase as well. And a 30k for your first year is good enough to find a good place in America. You overestimate it a lot. Yes you will not get the lavish mansions that NFL players get but you can get respectable places. Some players even live together and pay rent together. So you can still live a good life on the base rookie salary while playing the game you love.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">And it is more likely to increase during the next CBA meeting when players and owners meet to discuss the salary cap in 2014. If the TV deal gets better then expect better salaries all around.</font></div>
  • Arsenalkid700Arsenalkid700 7 Points
    edited April 2013
    Joyptan wrote: »
    So after all this what the point? That with side income american 3rd tier players get more money than what I-league players get. So what the argeument about.

<br><div><br></div><div><br></div><div>Well I am not sure that 3rd tier guys get the same stuff as 1st or 2nd tier guys (I guess they do have some things, camps I know is a must) but the argument here is simple:</div><div><br></div><div>The 3rd tier guys in America do not make as good of a salary as the I-League players do but the 3rd tier guys in the US are of better quality than the I-League guys. That is the argument. That the 3rd tier in the US is able to attract better quality for cheaper while I-League will be willing to pay guys like Odafa and MLS type salary when he would be no wear near close to that in MLS.</div>
  • @gaffertape ;   difficult to compare. Medical Insurance wow. Do you know that cost of Medical treatment is insane in USA. Normal things like taking out a tooth or MRI scan is worth thousands of dollars in USA becoz of their horribly expensive Medical system. That may look as perks or incentives to US people as they have no idea that such things exist either for free or cheap in other countries. <br>Do you think one player at MLS will be happy that his spouse gets medical insurance while a manchester City player's spouse has to rely on NHS for her Medical treatment.  I have been living for years in USA-Insurance system is insanelyexpensive. out of pocket expenses/copayment alone is more then what a private hospital will charge. just search in google how every year thousands of American patients come to India for surgeries????<br><br>And you think that Indian players quality of life is no better then average Janitor    WOW  thats a dumb thing to say. next what Walmart salary and living in Trailer Park is Great American Dream????? <br>
This discussion has been closed.