SAFF CHAMPIONSHIP 2013 General Discussions

Comments

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    weka wrote: »
    @harry191 If we're talking about old, goalkeeper usually hit their peak in their late 20s and early 30s (case in point: neuer, casillas, buffon, lloris, etc.)

Gurpreet should be given in a chance (for non-important games, sure and especially when Subrata retired) but as of now Subrata still showed why he is India's #1 goalkeeper.<div><br></div><div>I wish I took points of all of Subrata's great saves thru the tournament to show the people how good he is.</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>Try mixing that with all his idiotic moves and decisions as well.</div>
  • weka wrote: »
    @harry191 If we're talking about old, goalkeeper usually hit their peak in their late 20s and early 30s (case in point: neuer, casillas, buffon, lloris, etc.) Gurpreet should be given in a chance (for non-important games, sure and especially when Subrata retired) but as of now Subrata still showed why he is India's #1 goalkeeper.
    <DIV><BR></DIV>
    <DIV>I wish I took points of all of Subrata's great saves thru the tournament to show the people how good he is.</DIV>
    <P>
    <BR></P>
    <P>subrata is no doubt very good .. he did  play for Pune FC,the city i belong too..i have watched countless time, he is absolutely fantastic when it comes to goalkeeping( he has the potential to become the  best at the asian level, the way he organisee his defence is amazing too watch,provided you have good defence,indian team aint got any defence,Pune FC does have)</P>
    <P>but i feel he is trying to show off too much in recent past, creating errors ans tupid mistakes,which he should rectify)</P>
    <P>forget the spiderman and concenrate on the basics of goapkeeping.</P>
    <P>in the final;</P>
    <P>1) how the keeper of his stature can thorw the ball out of the box when it hs been headed back( arsenal fan: your comments here.</P>
    <P>2) rush towards a lone striker with his legs out like a fly ,insead of hands.</P>
    <P>3)Punch the ball,when he can easily collect them .</P>
  • wekaweka Alabama, United States245 Points
    edited September 2013
    harry191 wrote: »
    weka wrote: »
    @harry191 If we're talking about old, goalkeeper usually hit their peak in their late 20s and early 30s (case in point: neuer, casillas, buffon, lloris, etc.) Gurpreet should be given in a chance (for non-important games, sure and especially when Subrata retired) but as of now Subrata still showed why he is India's #1 goalkeeper.
    <div><br></div>
    <div>I wish I took points of all of Subrata's great saves thru the tournament to show the people how good he is.</div>
    <p>
    <br></p>
    <p>subrata is no doubt very good .. he did  play for Pune FC,the city i belong too..i have watched countless time, he is absolutely fantastic when it comes to goalkeeping( he has the potential to become the  best at the asian level, the way he organisee his defence is amazing too watch,provided you have good defence,indian team aint got any defence,Pune FC does have)</p>
    <p>but i feel he is trying to show off too much in recent past, creating errors ans tupid mistakes,which he should rectify)</p>
    <p>forget the spiderman and concenrate on the basics of goapkeeping.</p>
    <p>in the final;</p>
    <p>1) how the keeper of his stature can thorw the ball out of the box when it hs been headed back( arsenal fan: your comments here.</p>
    <p>2) rush towards a lone striker with his legs out like a fly ,insead of hands.</p>
    <p>3)Punch the ball,when he can easily collect them .</p>

<br><div><br></div><div>@harry191 @ArsenalFan700 The only "idiotic" moves I can remember is holding the ball past the line, punching the ball but not hard and have it land near opponent, and sweeping a forward.</div><div><br></div><div>You can't really fault him for the mistakes he's made since, of course, they are mistakes but when they're kept at a minimal and he creates such saves... you have to wonder... is it fair to critisize him so harshly?</div><div><br></div><div>1.) Needs to work on his throwing? But generally performed much better ball distrubution.</div><div><br></div><div>2.) Many great GKs have done this and failed (Read: casillas, lopez, neuer). It happens.</div><div><br></div><div>3.) Once again, many GKs have done this as well. It's not always as easy catching a ball especially when you're wearing (shitty) gloves and if you don't have a good grip on it... then well, it's hard.</div><div><br></div><div>So basically, I think his pros over-weigh his cons. His ability to to tend the net have been vastly superior to the mistakes he'd made and while only at 26 years of age.... he has many years to improve.</div>
  • ajmalajmal 1208 Points
    It is possible to make subrata more disciplined and avoid such blunders...but it is quite difficult to improve the quality of other goalkeepers ..Hardly we get quality players like subrata..
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Ashlesh wrote: »
    how many I-League matches does you guys see<div>and how many matches does other GK gets for national team</div><div>there are better GK den subrata paul like Bruno, Sandhu, Roy specially Bruno at this age looks more matured  and calm than Subrata paul</div>

Bruno was a beast last season!!!
  • gopiajeeshgopiajeesh Kerala654 Points
    bruno??sporting goalkeeper last season????.......
  • gopiajeeshgopiajeesh Kerala654 Points
    bruno??sporting goalkeeper last season????.......
  • Karanjeet is a good goalkeeper if not the best. He is more disciplined then Subrata Paul.<br>Gurpreet Sandhu has good height but he makes blunders sometimes. Arindam Bhattacharya was also a good goalkeeper but I am not sure of his current form.<br>