Indian Super League Season 1

Comments

• gopiajeeshgopiajeesh Kerala654 Points
    Only 4indian players.expecting indian gk for most of teams so only 3 indian on field players ..not cool
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    It will change, PFC , BFC & Goan team will increase Indian quotient & thus reduce the need for IMG-RELIANCE to get more foreigner's
  •  I think no football fan would support Indian football for some foreigners....If anyone watch this ISL simply because of these foreign players..they are plastic...no country/club need these type of supporters...it'll do no good for the game in the country...<br><br>In my opinion we want fans like East bengal,Mohun bagan,Pune,Bengaluru, Shillong supporters...<br><br>It's better to have some 10,000 real supporters than to have 100,000 plastic fans...<br><br><br>
    Wht if these 100000 plastic fans can bring sponsers.money..and media attention
  • gopiajeesh wrote: »
    Wht if these 100000 plastic fans can bring sponsers.money..and media attention

<br><br>Some corporate companies will benefit from these sponsors and media..not football in the country...<br><br>What if all fans started to watch ISL and they will start to feel I  League is boring...without any retired superstars from europe and  south america...it'll make I League extinct..<br><br>True indian football supporters like us..will feel bad about this...<br>
    I agree with some of ur point ..but d thing is tht how much our football benefited from the nfl and ileague..how long we can continue like this...
  • Mark my point..ISL can be success..but only if they give equal importance to Indian players as that of foreigners or marquee players...it will be difficult to get support without indegeniousness..for some seasons Indians may find it good/better than Indian football, but without Indian players it will slowly turn against the organisers..
    So if they want to succeed they should give equal importance to indian players
  • the aim of this ISL , which I expect is generate interest among 'untapped' people to watch and follow  football as most of them know about European leagues, some watch World cup and Euro, Copa america. Once the interest is generated and revenue is made, there should be a plan to gradually improve the infrastucture. <br><br>At the moment, many people don't know about Indian team, but some of those fans will expect Indian National team to do well as few Indian players are playing in ISL, they are playing with foreign stars by which they will gain experience and qualify for the world cup. This means they will have tendency to follow Indian team matches on stadium or TV like they follow cricket.<br><br>The reality we know is this won't bring success to the team, but we can be like Malaysia and Singapore who have passionate fans watching European leagues and NT matches + bringing world class clubs to play in India, again for marketing reasons.<br><br>Once football interest has been generated and has huge fan following is there in place host the mega event FIFA world cup.That wiil be the biggest to happen in Indian footbll history
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    Akoi wrote: »
    <div>@Arsenalfan <em>...Around 120,000 people in-stadium per round. 18,000 per-in-stadium average.</em></div><div><em><br></em></div><div><em>Take a guess?</em></div><div> </div><div>I was talking about TV viwership like EPL, La Liga etc</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>Well, in terms of the American numbers... MLS gets no where near EPL (which should be expected anyway as most of the matches on the main channels involve a "Big 6" team.) We do beat La Liga but that is only because La Liga is on this one channel that barely anyone has and also because no one cares about the other 18 teams.</div><div><br></div><div>Bundesliga is invisible on TV here. Ligue 1 is the same as La Liga.</div><div><br></div><div>MLS average this year is around 150,000 per nationally televised game which, I admit, is shit. However that is because the current TV holders, NBC and ESPN, don't have dedicated time slots. No one knows when the next nationally televised game is unless they go on the MLS or NBC or ESPN website. There is no set time for each week when a game is on which hurts the ratings as not many "casual" fans will put in the effort to look up when a game is on.</div>

<br><br>competition for TV viewership is fierce in USA. we got NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NASCAR, College Football to choose from. Then comes MLS.<br>

<br><div><br></div><div>We have already beaten NBA and NHL, so we have that going for us. NFL and College Football are Winter sports so no one gives a shit. And also the US is a multi-sport country. People can support all sports if they want.</div>

<br><div>i dont think mls beat nba</div>
  • what about franchise bid