Indian Super League Season 1

Comments

• 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    <div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Kenny Dalglish ‘set to quit Liverpool to manage Indian Super League club’</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Kenny Dalglish is ready to quit Liverpool just weeks after returning to the club – to take up a new role managing an Indian Super League team.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Liverpool Legend Kenny Dalglish on the Indian Super League: I'm excited about helping bring the game to an untapped market.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">There is massive interest in the English Premier League in the sub-continent but in terms of getting people to play, India is largely an untapped market.</font></div>
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29261 Points
    Will afc grant a afc champions league spot to winner of ISL team
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    goalkeepar wrote: »

<br><div><br></div><div>We would still get killed in the Champions League.</div>
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    goalkeepar wrote: »

<br><br>No chance!!!! with retired players, dodgy financial audit and absence of year long season. You will struggle to even find office of any IPL franchise or HIL-same thing happen here. <br>
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    ISL is registered only as a exhibition tournament and not the official league of india.

only I-league winner can qualify.
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    no news on franchises bid keralakid. am eagerly waiting for that too.

Good analysis indiangooner. but am pessimistic abt bringing the europe only watching audience. these are mere floating fans who just want to watch just for the curiosity of it. but still ISL will still not compare against the top leagues in the world. just hoping these glory hunters kind off understand and adapt to indian conditions & support instead of just float in & out.

am just looking it as a half glass full thing. i loved I-league just the way it is. Aiff for once made all the right moves this season by taking out non supported teams and wanting to bring clubs which are serious in being professional.

ISL hopefully should bring in corporates and international attention to our football and some of it sticks to I-League.
  • spartasparta Jamshedpur FC2074 Points
    Next season they ll get good guys in the transfer window I guess, that's why postponing of the tournament
  • spartasparta Jamshedpur FC2074 Points
    But those signed up with IMG-R might be crying now.
  • wekaweka Alabama, United States245 Points
    The Indian Super League postponed 6 months? Oh you have got to be **********************