Indian Super League Season 1

Comments

• AkoiAkoi 2 Points
    Iam talking about foreingers or europeans etc
  • DomnicDomnic 2309 Points
    From next season onwards, quality of fireigners will drastically improve. As they can purchase during transfer season.
  • samiamsamiam 1614 Points
    Hope this super league will be successful they should increase it to 5 indians and 5 foreigners <br>
  • Anything below 6 Indian players in the starting eleven of a team is not going to help us.
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    edited October 2013
    Akoi wrote: »
    who watches MLS for that matter???
    <div><br></div><div>Around 120,000 people in-stadium per round. 18,000 per-in-stadium average.</div><div><br></div><div>Take a guess?</div>
    My guess is that, depending on how long the league lasts and how successful it supposedly will be, they will increase the "limit" on Indians from 4 as the quality and focus on Indian players improves. Eventually they will probably take away the limit but that won't be for years.
  • AkoiAkoi 2 Points
    <div>@Arsenalfan <em>...Around 120,000 people in-stadium per round. 18,000 per-in-stadium average.</em></div><div><em><br></em></div><div><em>Take a guess?</em></div><div> </div><div>I was talking about TV viwership like EPL, La Liga etc</div>
    <div>@Arsenalfan <em>...Around 120,000 people in-stadium per round. 18,000 per-in-stadium average.</em></div><div><em><br></em></div><div><em>Take a guess?</em></div><div> </div><div>I was talking about TV viwership like EPL, La Liga etc</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>Well, in terms of the American numbers... MLS gets no where near EPL (which should be expected anyway as most of the matches on the main channels involve a "Big 6" team.) We do beat La Liga but that is only because La Liga is on this one channel that barely anyone has and also because no one cares about the other 18 teams.</div><div><br></div><div>Bundesliga is invisible on TV here. Ligue 1 is the same as La Liga.</div><div><br></div><div>MLS average this year is around 150,000 per nationally televised game which, I admit, is shit. However that is because the current TV holders, NBC and ESPN, don't have dedicated time slots. No one knows when the next nationally televised game is unless they go on the MLS or NBC or ESPN website. There is no set time for each week when a game is on which hurts the ratings as not many "casual" fans will put in the effort to look up when a game is on.</div>
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points

<br><div><br></div><div>Well, in terms of the American numbers... MLS gets no where near EPL (which should be expected anyway as most of the matches on the main channels involve a "Big 6" team.) We do beat La Liga but that is only because La Liga is on this one channel that barely anyone has and also because no one cares about the other 18 teams.</div><div><br></div><div>Bundesliga is invisible on TV here. Ligue 1 is the same as La Liga.</div><div><br></div><div>MLS average this year is around 150,000 per nationally televised game which, I admit, is shit. However that is because the current TV holders, NBC and ESPN, don't have dedicated time slots. No one knows when the next nationally televised game is unless they go on the MLS or NBC or ESPN website. There is no set time for each week when a game is on which hurts the ratings as not many "casual" fans will put in the effort to look up when a game is on.</div>

<br><br>competition for TV viewership is fierce in USA. we got NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NASCAR, College Football to choose from. Then comes MLS.<br>

<br><br>competition for TV viewership is fierce in USA. we got NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NASCAR, College Football to choose from. Then comes MLS.<br>

<br><div><br></div><div>We have already beaten NBA and NHL, so we have that going for us. NFL and College Football are Winter sports so no one gives a shit. And also the US is a multi-sport country. People can support all sports if they want.</div>