Indian Super League Season 1

Comments

• DomnicDomnic 2309 Points
    The football activities at Salgaocar are looked after by Shivanand. So maybe Dattaraj takes the new IPL team and Shivanand continues with I league team since both bros have split up.
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    Are these confirmed, most likely, or just your opinion?<div><br></div><div>Also how will these teams be named? Piramal can't just name their franchise "Pune F.C." again and JSW would most likely have to change as well.</div><div><br></div><div>Anyway, while I am at it, my suggested names (keeping up with the franchise way but at the same time, a European twist so to not discourage the Euro fans):</div><div><br></div><div>- Bangalore City FC</div><div>- Chennai Rangers FC</div><div>- Delhi Wanderers FC</div><div>- Goa Rovers FC</div><div>- Kerala AFC</div><div>- Kolkata United FC</div><div>- Mumbai FC</div><div>- Pune United FC</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>Not just an opinion.... an inside source from the leaked Powerpoint presentation shown to prospective clubs ...</div><div><br></div><div>A lot of backroom meetings taking place in Delhi & Mumbai this past week...</div><div>@Ashlesh<;/div><div><br></div><div>As Dattaraj is married to the Ambani's sister, the Salgacoar club was always going to get a look in.</div><div>Srinivas Dempo is not only a shrewd businessman , but also highly respected... so the JV is a smart compromise by the Goan big 2... ( if it goes thru)</div><div><br></div><div>The Guwahati one is a strategic power play... as Guwahati was only a standby up till now.... but as Larsing Ming is the AIFF VP ( replacing Assam FA head Ankul Dutta).... his inside knowledge of IMG_R and I-League has helped get Guwahati elevated. Shillong lacks of airport is a major draw back... and Aizawl & Imphal are either too small, regional or volatile markets.</div><div><br></div><div>The Kolkata scenario is very messy too... and a BFC & PFC are favorites just to walk in as their is no competition</div><div><br></div>
  • AkoiAkoi 2 Points
    <p>8 cities???  There are total 9 cities for this league i guess? Guwhati being one of them. Hope NE united is not hammered like Lajong FC and Rangdeijed in I league...hmmm. </p><p>And one thing...Mumbay doesnt have one proper football stadium, where will be the match held than????</p>
  • navi mumbai cricket ground possibly.
  • i league is soon going to become Indian Super League First division and the i league second divsion is going to become Indian super League second division.

already cracks are appearing in IFPCA group. with md sporting,united sc being lured away.
    only churchill brothers seem are against it( and they are in relegation ) zone.

• AkoiAkoi 2 Points
    But a league for only  3 months is a big damn worrying factor. How will it help grow Indian football???
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    edited October 2013
    With all the oldies getting signed, we should call it ICL-style league rather than IPL style league
  • AkoiAkoi 2 Points
    I want to see At least Ronaldinho in this league. Come on reliance group....pls lure him !
  • AkoiAkoi 2 Points
    One thing is though many are skeptical of this league but i am super excited ............ :-j
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    unless the four indians in the starting line up plus options from the bench get to play regularly and perform there is no point to this league.

prospectively u will have 4*9 teams - 36 indians playing with top ex players for 10 weeks plus pre tournament time learning from them. chances could be that a couple youngsters manage to get in the radar and part of the talent pool.

ideally we should u-23 players to play and learn. u-23 players are largely ignored in the i-league.