Indian Super League Season 1

Comments

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    I'm failing to understand how it will attract more fans than I League...?   <br><br>For eg...if Mumbai FC attracts 3000 people for stadium...then a new franchise may attract 1000 odd people extra..thats it...<br><br><br><br>Its going to be a big flop....<br>

<br><div><br></div><div>It depends on how much marketing is done. If the reports are to be believed than the Mumbai franchise will be more than 1000% more marketed than Mumbai FC is now. Plus with the reported names and the fact that we don't know what else will be done in terms of off-field activities and stuff like that we could expect good crowds soon... more than Mumbai FC could ever witness.</div>
  • spartasparta Jamshedpur FC2074 Points
    Bollywood & cricketers are going to be attached with it,so hope that there would be good amount of crowd in every city. And when they want the opener in Mumbai so they have enough faith that 50-60k would turn up in DY Patil. Those guys would be spending good amount in marketing their clubs for sure and there would be tie-ups and cross promotion in every star channel. The Balika Vadu's will appear in MOM award ceremonies and you guys are still sceptic about it. Which club in India have their promos on TV? And if by chance some bollywood guy snaps up a team you ll see their promo on tv.<br><br>And after watching today's performance by EB it seems that 4 Indian rule in this tournament will be quite good as the Indians will try to impress their coaches to be in the playing 11 and also learn some basic techniques from the greats.
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points

Star TV has already paid Rs 2000 crores for Ten years' time. They hope to recover hat through sponsorships. A share of that too will go to the teams. There are on field advertising and various team sponsor slots. Money may flow in a lot of ways.
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    attendences mean shit in the modern game. its only in i-league and other leagues which are having a lower overall budget that attendences are means to breaking even.

in the case of this league the main income would come from tv rights+ sponsership+ in stadium sponsership. attendence income is just gonna be mainly used to cut costs.
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    attendences mean shit in the modern game. its only in i-league and other leagues which are having a lower overall budget that attendences are means to breaking even.

in the case of this league the main income would come from tv rights income from star+ sponsership+ in stadium sponsership. attendence income is just gonna be mainly used to cut costs.
    dx7778 wrote: »

in the case of this league the main income would come from tv rights+ sponsership+ in stadium sponsership. attendence income is just gonna be mainly used to cut costs.

<br><div><br></div><div>Bullshit! Attendances mean a lot. If no one comes to the games then what company will be willing to shell out a lot of money for sponsorships and other incentives from corporates or the team itself. Why do you think teams around the world focus on their attendance?</div>
    Ashlesh wrote: »
    i was against this initially but looking at response in college and buzz created about his league among young people feels like first time Indian Football is getting discussed in College. <div>if this really become what these fans expecting than IMG-R should make a round the year league. </div><div>current I league clubs are depends solely on AIFF to promote they hardly do something by themselves (DEMPO INCLUDED IN THEM) </div>

<br><div><br></div><div>I am waiting.... I still remember that facebook convo we had around Christmas 2011. ;)</div>
    i was against this initially but looking at response in college and buzz created about his league among young people feels like first time Indian Football is getting discussed in College. <div>if this really become what these fans expecting than IMG-R should make a round the year league. </div><div>current I league clubs are depends solely on AIFF to promote they hardly do something by themselves (DEMPO INCLUDED IN THEM) </div>

<br><div><br></div><div>I am waiting.... I still remember that facebook convo we had around Christmas 2011. ;)</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>getting adapted to situation is smartness </div> :) <div><br></div><div>but on serious note all of us know that 90% of Population prefer European leagues </div><div>and people literally sit and do discussion on future of Indian football after watching that figure of 2000 cr for 10 years </div><div>few even saying that If this league runs round the year and slowly they add franchise and make 20 team league it could be one of the best league </div><div><br></div><div>and having just 4 players is not big worry for them. </div>

<br><div><br></div><div>That depends. Just running year round won't make me like this sham... which I still think it is. There are still parts of this league that worry me and honestly, even though I don't really believe it, I worry about what munna says. Also I worry that this league could do what the IPL is doing right now and what MLS and now the A-League are learning slowly which is to not overvalue your league, over expand, and overprice franchises. This could lead to a quick demise.</div><div><br></div><div>Also, going back to the first part, I did not mean it like that. I will not gloat about being right about a franchise league till I see results and a proper format. Till then I will only admit to being right about the fact that there are people within India being willing to invest and help Indian football.</div>
  • DXDX 4074 Points

<br><div><br></div><div>Bullshit! Attendances mean a lot. If no one comes to the games then what company will be willing to shell out a lot of money for sponsorships and other incentives from corporates or the team itself. Why do you think teams around the world focus on their attendance?</div>[/quote]

they focus on getting the season ticket holders renewed plus trying to get ppl into getting season tickets and not focussed on packing the stadium.

the reason is that clubs are assured of a definate income with which they plan to use it for cost cutting measures. do you really think EPL and other bigger leagues are really worried abt match day income? Tv sponsership and income from tv viewers via pay per view income and team sponsership far outweigh that of what u earn from fans sitting in the stadium.

only league were i think they really are interested in filling stadiums is the bundesliga bcos of safe standing rules.
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    This ISL is definitely popular, people who don't even follow the game in my office came after me asking about this league.