Indian Super League Season 1

Comments

• AkoiAkoi 2 Points
    I am super excited about this league.
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    dx7778 wrote: »
    <br><div><br></div><div>Bullshit! Attendances mean a lot. If no one comes to the games then what company will be willing to shell out a lot of money for sponsorships and other incentives from corporates or the team itself. Why do you think teams around the world focus on their attendance?</div>

they focus on getting the season ticket holders renewed plus trying to get ppl into getting season tickets and not focussed on packing the stadium.

the reason is that clubs are assured of a definate income with which they plan to use it for cost cutting measures. do you really think EPL and other bigger leagues are really worried abt match day income? Tv sponsership and income from tv viewers via pay per view income and team sponsership far outweigh that of what u earn from fans sitting in the stadium.

only league were i think they really are interested in filling stadiums is the bundesliga bcos of safe standing rules.[/quote]

<br><div><br></div><div>Really now? The EPL does not care then about attendance? Bundesliga is the only one eh?</div><div><br></div><div>That is silly.</div>
    Ashlesh wrote: »
    fact is no one here to invest for Indian development <div>they all want quick returns. </div><div>development is by product </div>

<br><div><br></div><div>As long as the money goes to football in India, who cares.</div>
  • in truth Fifa has acknowledged that a country of billion plus population is a huge untapped market. Fifa wants india on footballing scene.and they know India wihtout any help would remain in the same state and would never progress .so what they do they make statements like INdia can host U 17 Fifa world cup.
    they know it is very difficult for india to qualify for world cup directly,so the only option is to make them host ,
    for hosting they need stada which are nowehre to world class standards ,to make them world class they have IMG who would refurbish all the stadiums and make them FIFA u 17 2017 ready .
    india will eventually lose all the three matches in fifa u 17 worldcup,but the hysteria created by it or the attendences by it will make the AIFF believe that they can actually host fifa worldcup someday. imagine fifa earnings if india hosted a worldcup .
    so fifa is alos mum on this league and is not opposing it.
    after all it is win win for all of them ,for fans,for aiff,for Fifa,for IMG ,for starsports,for reliance. the onl losers would be century old clubs like East bengal,MMB,Md sporting .but anyways they are way to adamant to take the football to next level.
    so i dont mind KEB,MMB and all these becoming blackburn,nottingham forrest in the current english scesnrio,atleast we will have our own indian version of man city,chelsea,real,barca,dortmund etc.
    The old clubs have to accept that times have changed and they wiil also have to change the way a football clubs runs
    this is like a kick to all the existing clubs,to show how it should be done.
    as far as FIFA is concerned, this IMG and FIfa u 17 thing reminds of india suddently winning so many beauty paegents awards in the 90's.. aishwayrya,priyanka,sushmita,lara,.cosmetic market man..
    after all it is money ,honey..
  • AkoiAkoi 2 Points
    <p><em>india will eventually lose all the three matches in fifa u 17 worldcup</em></p><p>R U sure???</p><p> </p>
    harry191 wrote: »
    in truth Fifa has acknowledged that a country of billion plus population is a huge untapped market. Fifa wants india on footballing scene.and they know India wihtout any help would remain in the same state and would never progress .so what they do they make statements like INdia can host U 17 Fifa world cup.
    they know it is very difficult for india to qualify for world cup directly,so the only option is to make them host ,
    for hosting they need stada which are nowehre to world class standards ,to make them world class they have IMG who would refurbish all the stadiums and make them FIFA u 17 2017 ready .
    india will eventually lose all the three matches in fifa u 17 worldcup,but the hysteria created by it or the attendences by it will make the AIFF believe that they can actually host fifa worldcup someday. imagine fifa earnings if india hosted a worldcup .
    so fifa is alos mum on this league and is not opposing it.
    after all it is win win for all of them ,for fans,for aiff,for Fifa,for IMG ,for starsports,for reliance. the onl losers would be century old clubs like East bengal,MMB,Md sporting .but anyways they are way to adamant to take the football to next level.
    so i dont mind KEB,MMB and all these becoming blackburn,nottingham forrest in the current english scesnrio,atleast we will have our own indian version of man city,chelsea,real,barca,dortmund etc.
    The old clubs have to accept that times have changed and they wiil also have to change the way a football clubs runs
    this is like a kick to all the existing clubs,to show how it should be done.
    as far as FIFA is concerned, this IMG and FIfa u 17 thing reminds of india suddently winning so many beauty paegents awards in the 90's.. aishwayrya,priyanka,sushmita,lara,.cosmetic market man..
    after all it is money ,honey..

<br><div><br></div><div>Bang on mate! :D</div>
    fact is no one here to invest for Indian development <div>they all want quick returns. </div><div>development is by product </div>

<br><div><br></div><div>As long as the money goes to football in India, who cares.</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>agree</div><div>Sports is business Indians have realized it late </div><div>passion just cant move you up</div><div>so called club with history and owners with passion will dry up soon </div>

<br><div><br></div><div>Woah! We agree! Well I will be damed. First @rudra and now you. Well, that settles it... I am invincible.</div><div><br></div><div>Anyway, I think you are somewhat right. We will still have top clubs with passionate owners but it will just seem like we don't. Mark Cuban is my inspiration for this.</div>
  • AkoiAkoi 2 Points
    But i am not sure. The currrent Indian juniors are doing well in respective age group. If current Indian uner 14 from different academies are coached well like under 16 there will be hope of winning at least one match as there will be advantage of playing in home turf.
  • @harry191, nice explanation about the logic. yes, it will be only helpful for building good infrastructure. Once we hold world cup, then the interest would follow