Netherlands Tour of Indian U-16 Team

Comments

• CybertronCybertron 402 Points
    @ArsenalFan700 What do you think of 2014 Schwan's USA Cup? Should AIFF U-16 XI team participate in this tournament?
    rahulbhutani18
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29309 Points
    @pondicherry that the problem no proper scouting just the same boys who are in a aiff academy are used as "India team" if rangdajeet united fc youth team can hold Sunderland u16 that's proves we have lot better players in India but they never get a chance to play for India in youth level I agree with @ashlesh and @arsenalfan700 on starting a youth league which run for 6+ months just like what GFDC have.
    munna219777
  • dhungel35dhungel35 444 Points
    Rob Baan in one of the interviews with Total Football mentions that best 20/30 talents out of the pool of 120 players in the academy will be part of the Elite Academy and the National Team....wonder when that is going to happen....for that all the regional academies should have players of same age group...now will be the perfect time to implement that...30 boys in Banglore + 30 in Kolkata +30 in Mumbai + 30 in Goa...will make our pool for u17 world cup a good one more over we can then have a  inter academy tournament along with u15 league.    
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10454 Points
    I really started thinking why Aiff wasted money on Rob Baan I font see any devolopment

I really doubt what will happen in World cup if our academies perform poorly against 192 ranked teams youth squads then what about Brazil Spain etc etc in under 17 world cup

Nigeria will just trash us heavily hope we aint groupes with.nigeria under 17 in world cup
    @mohammed_87hassan NO!!! I want India U-17 team to play against Nigeria, Mexico, Brazil etc in group stage of 2017 U-17 World Cup. I want these foreign teams to thrash India by a huge margin say 10-0 or 15-0. And only after that people in India would realise how corrupt & greedy AIFF officials along with their foreign technical staff are doing their work. 
    goalkeepar
    @mohammed_87hassan NO!!! I want India U-17 team to play against Nigeria, Mexico, Brazil etc in group stage of 2017 U-17 World Cup. I want these foreign teams to thrash India by a huge margin say 10-0 or 15-0. And only after that people in India would realize how corrupt & greedy AIFF officials along with their foreign technical staff are doing their s*** work.

Modi commemorating stamps for 2014 World Cup will do nothing for Indian football's future. Other countries (along with private clubs) spend considerable amount of money on Sport development including youth football. Wim Koevermans talking about India will try to win the gold medal in Asian Games is nothing but to appease Indian football fans that things are going in the right direction. He knows India has no chance against top teams in Asia.

I felt ashamed & dejected by former England Cricket captain Naseer Hussain's comments on whether India is playing in FIFA World Cup or not. I mean come on man at least AIFF and state associations should understand and stop their corrupt attitude against football. There is a limit to everything. People need positive results. For how long are we going to say "this and that" for younger players. Enough is enough. If AIFF says people of India are responsible for giving too much importance to Cricket then I have nothing to say here.

shibier
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    mohammed_87hassan To be fair to Rob Baan, I doubt this is actually what he wanted at all. This is the man who, while technical director in Australia, founded footballing academies at the Australian sports schools and all of them under one philosophy and playing style and he is also the man who recommended the A-League start a National Youth League.

So he knows what he is doing but it is up to the AIFF and the clubs to follow through. Can't depend on one man for results.
    Deb_Ban
  • sunnysunny 207 Points
    Guys will Oliven fernandes play for any i-league team. Oliven plays for sesa academy
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    @cybertron No. That tournament is a hack.
    Cybertron
  • sunnysunny 207 Points
    I thought he made 25 goals in last season for sesa