India in Rio Olympics 2016

Comments

• BadBad 5146 Points
    edited April 2016
    Munna, bro I understand your feelings,I am also feeling disappointed but it is only on a sport so I would suggest you not to feel too let down.

See,Vinesh getting disqualified( not competing) was a big let down as I still believe she should certainly qualify for Olympics and possibly an outside(pretty outside) chance of winning a medal.

Geeta Phogat-She has been a disappointed since long now.I was really expecting her to make the Olympics(at max) so am.not that surprised to be honest.

In the tournament bracket,it shows Babita lost to Helen Maroulis who is a Gold Medalist in 2015 World Championship in 55 kg but Olympics doesn't have 55 kg category so she cut down on her weight class to 53kg to participate in Olympics. So,Only saving grace for Babita is that she lost to eventual Quota earner rather than a randomer like ( Geeta).

I still believe in both Babita(she was quarter Finalists at 2015 World Championship) and Vinesh can make it to the Olympics but nothing is certain now  as there is no scope for any errors. (They have made it hard for themselves)
    munna219777
  • BadBad 5146 Points
    Hey Guys,Great news coming on this Super Sunday.

Sandeep Tomar has earned a quota place for India in 57kg Freestyle Wrestling.( India had a chance in 57 and 97 as I had pointed out earlier) so 57kg it is that we finally manage to secure.

Also,
    Dattu Baban Bhokanal has also earned a quota place in Rowing (Single Skulls) event.

Wrestling Tournament is over.However Rowing Event will be over Tomorrow.
    Our Doubles Skulls team also stands of Qualification so let's see how Rowing Event Turns out to be for us.
    Nagendramunna219777kartik91namewtheld
  • BadBad 5146 Points
    Also,Indian Grand Prix Athletics has started from today.Expect some Athletes to qualify from there as well.

With 2 Qualifications today in Rowing and Wrestling our Tally reaches to 77 athletes in 9 .sports

munna219777Nagendra
  • BadBad 5146 Points
    Also Guys,with 7 more confirmed Qualifications in Badminton(not confirmed yet the Deadline is 5th May but as I hv gone through the specifications,I am 99.9% sure it will 7). 2 in Women's Singles, 1 in Men's Singles, 1 pair in Men's Doubles and 1 pair in Women's Doubles. Amazing Fact-Our total will reach 84 in 9 Sports which is quite Amazing as 84 already is our best ever Total.With,many more events to come we will definitely cross 100 mark in my opinion.We shd be touching 110 mark which will confirm India's Prestige as a rising Sports Nation.Indias Sporting Improvent is really really really starting to show its Color.
    munna219777Nagendrakartik91
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    enjoy the winning bout of Sandeep Tomar

karenesudhakar2050Nagendrashankarkartik91
  • BadBad 5146 Points
    Guys,also plz check my views abt UDANTA in the thread "Video Games" and kindly revert through ur feedback as to what u think abt it.
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    so did you include possible 2 players from golf one each in men and women category
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    @Bad ; Can two wrestlers from same country qualify in the same weight category? this is cheating for Narsingh Yadav as he is not sent even after qualifying and Sushil Kumar will enjoy his qualification.
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6761 Points
    ;munna219777...

I think only wrestler for each category...
    munna219777
  • BadBad 5146 Points
    Munna,As Nagendra has said there will be one Wrestler per Category.To decide who that wrestler will be,There will be a match between Narsingh and Sushil,Whoever wins that match will represent India at the Olympics.
    munna219777