The second innings of Stephen Constantine

Comments

• EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9301 Points
    Only an Indian coach will do! Why Westwood and not Sanjoy Sen or Santosh Kashyap or Pradyum Reddy (Indian origin)? We don't need these half arsed half breed white coaches who won't be considered to even train monkeys in their own countries.
    deepakcgoalkeepar
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Why not Westwood?

Kashyap is an idiot, Reddy is currently an assistant, he is not suited to coach the national team. Sen is a bang average coach, despite winning the I-League last season. He was average as Prayag United coach, average at Mohammedan, and other than the I-League, which there are many reasons why they won other than him, his tenure at Mohun Bagan is nothing compared to what we have seen from Westwood.

If we had to go for an Indian though I would rather turn to Armando Colaco.
    deepakc
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    Westwood as Head Coach 
    Reddy as Assistant makes the most sense
    deepakcatuljgkarenesudhakar2050deepugoalkeeparkartik91
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9301 Points
    Cause Westwood isn't worth the money he will charge. He isn't worth more than 5-6k$/month, will he work for that? Also what experience he has of coaching a national team? Basically there is no point of appointing someone who will charge a bomb when AIFF can't even sort the domestic calendar. We will still loose against Bangladesh and draw with Nepal. Since the end of Houghton era, what we have seen with foreign coaches is pathetic results, its time to give a go with low cost Indian coaches.

Ok, why not Colaco?
    karenesudhakar2050
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 10066 Points
    Colaco would have been a sensible choice. Considering he is free now, and the Indian team is based at Goa or Bangalore, he would not have any problem. He would be cheap, no hang ups, and he is no proponent of long balls. We are good to go.
    deepakc
  • deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    Appointing Westwood and his team as BFC and India coach will make it official that NT is a pastime job and not to be taken seriously...#AIFf will get a lot of ridicule if they do that.

I don't think it will happen....they need to think beyond the people already employed in India....

If Burzon can quit MCFC he shld be a decent candidate....same for Trevor if he quits the circus
    I think Westwood would be different. Unlike Koevermans and Constantine or even Houghton, I don't believe Westwood will just leave India whenever he gets the chance and barely watch I-League matches etc. The man is currently watching every ISL match as a job so he sees every Indian playing there and he is currently coaching in the I-League and knows what it is like for a player in the league, something neither Koevermans, Constantine, or Houghton knew cause they never coached at the domestic level. 

Westwood would probably give some effort to the job and the players would respond best to him and something that separates himself from the Indians would be his experience in India and abroad, learning under coaches of much higher regard than any of the Indians.

It is no doubt anymore that he is the right man to lead us at this point... not because of his skin but cause he is literally the man.
    atuljgrudragoalkeeparkartik91
  • karenesudhakar2050karenesudhakar2050 Hyderabad 1504 Points
    Eastbengal armando has health problems =D>
    @deepakc Why are you saying that appointing Westwood and his staff would degrade the India head coach position yet Bruzon and Morgan would be okay candidates?

Think beyond the people in India? Why? Someone new coming to India has to deal with so much, rather give it to someone who can understand Indian football already.
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 10066 Points
    Westwood (and team) would be fine, but he should take up only this and not the BFC job simultaneously. Because a NT manager's job extends in the off season as well. Any other parallel coaching assignment may detract him or make him partial to the club's players.
    ArsenalFan700deepakc