Indian Football Infrastructure

Comments

• shankarshankar 2600 Points

No artificial turf buddy.Our SAAP(Sports Authority of A.P) maintains it in top class condition even without matches being played there.Also Stadium host of other facilities like Artificial turf(hockey stadium actually but can be used for football training),swimming pools and of course housing facilities which would also be useful in housing a AIFF Academy.

Also the stadium is located in Hi-Tech City the most expensive and up market area in Hyd.
    @ashindia stopping more facts, you are just making me feel more desperate to get a club over there in hyderabad with all facilities needed already in place
  • sabirsabir 46 Points
    Another Story- Anyone know what happened to bucket seats in Saltlake stadium? (I mean before Argentina-Venezuela match)

There was a Md Sporting match (I forgot the opponent). The supporters became angry for some reason and started pulling up the chairs to throw in the ground. EX-sports minister Late Subhash Chakrabarty was present that day. He ordered the authority to remove all the seats. Those were sold later. I heard 60,000 seats were sold for just Rs 60,000 on paper (Rs 1 for a chair). Guess how much the minister got from the deal.
  • AdminAdmin 240 Points
    Wooh! So the gigantic Salt Lake Stadium had 60,000 bucket seats you are saying! marvelllous!
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    this is some unbelievable stats you are providing yet hard to believe if true sad for that happened to the stadium
  • sabirsabir 46 Points
    @ Shankar it happened several years ago. I was in school then (now I am 30 :D). The figures can be wrong as I am telling from memory. But I can still remember the Bengali news paper severely criticised the sports minister. But that figure Rs 60,000 is accurate.
  • @Admin that would really suck if that were the case. Greed.
    @arsenalfan sadly that is the bitter truth in india and it is the way it is been working for these all time here in india
    @shankar same here in the USA. But except for the government it was the people that did not want stadiums because it "would disturb the peace" supposedly.

It really sucks. Red Bull Arena here in New York was supposed to be done in 2004 but did not open till 2010 due to protests.
  • gopiajeeshgopiajeesh Kerala654 Points
    any news abt d renovation on cooperage...there is a i-league match which scheduled to play there on 25 march ????????
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    I went there. There are 4 huge flood-lights installed. They look awesome. They are trying to prepare the ground so that they can have at least 1-2 matches of this I league
  • gopiajeeshgopiajeesh Kerala654 Points
    so there wont be a match this sunday..ok...wht abt the stands ??
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    The work on the stands is on..