Indian Football Infrastructure

Comments

• u23 brazil nt is enough to compete with india

Brazil U17 vs India U23 seems like a good matchup.
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    <h1 id="hd" class="articleheader" style="font-weight: normal; font-style: normal; font-size: 12pt; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">Big-budget sports plan</h1><div><p align="left" class="story" style="font-weight: normal; font-style: normal; font-size: 12px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; text-align: -webkit-left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><b>Patna, April 21:</b> Bihar police have submitted a budget proposal of Rs 10 crore for building infrastructure for a mega sports event in the state in February-March next year.</p><p align="left" class="story" style="font-weight: normal; font-style: normal; font-size: 12px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; text-align: -webkit-left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">Sources said the police headquarters on Thursday submitted a Rs 10-crore budget proposal to the home department for laying international standard synthetic tracks and other infrastructure for the 61st All India Police Sports and Games (Athletics) meet.</p><p align="left" class="story" style="font-size: 12px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; text-align: -webkit-left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><b><i>The proposal envisages Rs 3 crore for eight-lane synthetic tracks (400 metres) of Class II category, Rs 50 lakh for equipment, Rs 2 crore for floodlights (1200 lux), Rs 1 crore for viewers’ gallery (10,000 seats) and Rs 3 crore for civil work.</i></b></p><p align="left" class="story" style="font-weight: normal; font-style: normal; font-size: 12px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; text-align: -webkit-left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">The athletic tracks would be prepared under the supervision of a representative of International Amateur Athletic Federation (IAAF), which issues certificate after completion of track-laying work. “The tracks are opened for the event only after getting nod from the IAAF,” a senior police officer said.</p><p align="left" class="story" style="font-size: 12px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; text-align: -webkit-left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><i><b>Bihar police, which organised the 60th All India Police Games (volleyball cluster), 2011, in February this year, have also been allowed to organise football championship.</b></i></p><p align="left" class="story" style="font-weight: normal; font-style: normal; font-size: 12px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; text-align: -webkit-left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">“Athletics is among the 16 events organised at the national-level championship,” the officer said.</p><p align="left" class="story" style="font-weight: normal; font-style: normal; font-size: 12px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; text-align: -webkit-left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">The decision to allot Bihar the athletics championship was taken at a joint meeting of the All India Police Control Board and the central co-ordinating committee of All India Police Duty Meet held in New Delhi under the chairmanship of director of Intelligence Bureau, N. Sandhu.</p><p align="left" class="story" style="font-size: 12px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; text-align: -webkit-left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><b><i>The director of Intelligence Bureau, also the chairman of All India Police Control Board, had also announced during his valedictory speech at the All India Police Games (volleyball cluster), 2011, that the Bihar police would also host a football championship.</i></b></p><p align="left" class="story" style="font-size: 12px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; text-align: -webkit-left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><b><i>“Both the national-level championships will be organised in February-March next year,”</i></b><span style="font-style: normal; font-weight: normal; "> director-general of police Abhayanand said.</span></p><p align="left" class="story" style="font-weight: normal; font-style: normal; font-size: 12px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; text-align: -webkit-left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">He said the pre-requisite for organising any national-level athletic championship is a 400-metre eight-lane (850sqm) synthetic track certified by the IAAF.</p><p align="left" class="story" style="font-weight: normal; font-style: normal; font-size: 12px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; text-align: -webkit-left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">
    </p><p align="left" class="story" style="font-weight: normal; font-style: normal; font-size: 12px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; text-align: -webkit-left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">10 crore is a good amount considering it is All India Police games. Mamata Banerjee had granted only 3.2 crore for the sports academy in Bankura recently</p></div>
  • Bloody Hell. Now all we need is a willing investor and a proven base of football fans and Bihar could become a good football franchise.
    Went past the Cooperage tonight at 8pm on Bus. Saw that 2 of the 4 floodlights were on. It was a greta sight. probably MU **c*er School was on. The road in front of the Cooperage is undergoing massive construction for 2 weeks, so the bus was took a detour otherwise I would have seen whats happening on the pitch
  • somesh wrote:
    Went past the Cooperage tonight at 8pm on Bus. Saw that 2 of the 4 floodlights were on. It was a greta sight. probably MU **c*er School was on. The road in front of the Cooperage is undergoing massive construction for 2 weeks, so the bus was took a detour otherwise I would have seen whats happening on the pitch

<br><div><br></div><div>Why are they using the stadium anyway when the place is not ready. Doesnt that hamper construction?</div>
    They are using the pitch and they have a tent for them. There is no massive construction on. They will set up a makeshift/foldable stand and that is it for now. Bigger developments will happen later gradually.
  • next season, its mumbai in football , they need to give a tight competition to mumbai indians during IPL home matches...
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    next season, its mumbai in football , they need to give a tight competition to mumbai indians during IPL home matches...

<br><div><br></div><div>You gotta be kidding...to see a side with abhishek yadav to compete with a side having sachin tendulkar..</div><div>i would be more than happy to see a regular 1000's and some 500's who want less frequently that would mean a good following in mumbai at least for first season then shall we think for next 2-3 season when we should get to see 5k-10-k crowd regularly on stadium(on the basis of capacity)</div><div><br></div>
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    @shankar didnt the new cooperage stadium have only 2000 seats?????
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    archak wrote:
    @shankar didnt the new cooperage stadium have only 2000 seats?????

<br><div><br></div><div>Surely not more than 5000 but i think 2000 would still do for first comeback season for cooperage as i-league stadium</div>