Indian Football Infrastructure

Comments

• I am collecting football stadiums/ matches all over the world and now it is time for india, and I hope kolkotta derby will be the highlight of my trip, next to some cultural highlights like taj mahal.
  • I am collecting football stadiums/ matches all over the world and now it is time for india, and I hope kolkotta derby will be the highlight of my trip, next to some cultural highlights like taj mahal.

Have fun mate. Do post pictures on here. We want to know how the foreign fan experience is during Indian Football matches
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    Cooperage could be deprived of all the I-League matches this season as a result of the delay in its renovation work.

The Western India Football Association wanted to finish the construction of Cooperage’s stands by February end and host the remaining home matches ofAir India and Mumbai FC.

It is learnt that a conflict over the retention amount with Chinese firm Avant has forced the officials to terminate the contract and initiate talks with another city-based firm. Avant were to supply stands to WIFA.

“WIFA wanted the retention amount to be in the range of 10 per cent of the total cost. It is a cover in case there is a problem with the product. Avant wanted the retention amount to be around 5 per cent, which wasn’t acceptable. WIFA’s architects, Shashi Prabhu & Associates, are in touch with a few city-based companies who can complete the work,” a source informed.

WIFA CEO Henry Menezessaid: “The work would start this week. I hope the city gets to witness at least one match.”
    Getting the stands ready should take two months. The season will resume on March 24 and end in April. The Mumbai clubs have six more home matches between them (Air India 4, Mumbai FC 2).

source:- dna
  • How hard is it to maintain an astro turf pitch?
    What if a slide tackle, destroys the pitch, and the grass is uprooted.?
    How hard is it to maintain an astro turf pitch?
    What if a slide tackle, destroys the pitch, and the grass is uprooted.?
    maintaining astro turf is not a big issue and that is the main reason why it is preferred in all new grounds over the traditional grasses and the turf is having a good life time also
  • But what if the grass gets uprooted?
    But what if the grass gets uprooted?
    astro turf dont possess grass but some artificial carpet sort of thing i guess so the chance of it getting uprooted is not coming
  • sachimsachim 131 Points
    Hey guys any news on Transtadia Ahmedabad Stadiuym and also Dempo stadium in Goa
  • I have not heard news about the Transtadia sense like 2009 or 2010. I dont know whether that plan is down or stalled. Dempo Stadium from what I hear is still going to happen. Maybe in 4-5 years.