Commonwealth Games 2018 : Mission Gold at Gold Coast

Comments

• BadBad 5141 Points
    Great Effort By Anas to finish 4th and produce a National Record.Really an Amazing Achievement.

Special Mention To Hima Das as well.She is just 18 years of age and reaching the Finals of the Commonwealth Games is a Historic moment if you ask me.She clocked her Personal Best 51.53 sec.Really awesome timing for an 18 year old.Proud of this Girl.
    munna219777SOCCER4klashindiakartik91
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    All 5 of our Boxers in action today have made it to the Semi-Finals.Expecting the remaining Boxers to follow suit Tomorrow. 

I personally feel we can win 5-6 Gold Medals if Scoring is done as per merit and without partiality.

Guys,an Article On Naman Tanwar to support my Claim.
    http://https//scroll.in/field/875136/cwg-2018-boxing-19-year-old-naman-tanwars-special-talent-has-held-everyone-spellbound .

munna219777Carbon_14
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    For Tomorrow,

Expecting Shooters to win some more Golds.

Expecting our remaining Boxers to progress to theSemi-Finals stage and Mary Kom to the Finals.

In Athletics, we have an outside chance to win a Medal in Men"s High Jump(Tejaswin Shankar).Also, i am excited to see how Hima Das does in the Final(Even though there is very little chance of a Medal.)

Also,Badminton players,Table Tennis players,Squash Players also should be progressing to the next stage,so lots in store for Tommorrow as well.

Nagendramunna219777SOCCER4klashindiaCarbon_14
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Standard of Athletics is very high at Commonwealth Games. Reaching Finals is at par with winning a Gold Medal at Asian Games.
    thebeautifulgameSOCCER4klashindiaBadsanvedjadhavCarbon_14souravindiakartik91
    This is the strongest performance by India in Boxing since 2010 Commonwealth Games. The standard of Judges in Boxing has improved. Earlier judges were from Central Asian countries and they used to give atrocious decisions in the favour of Host countries boxers.  This time judges are far spread out and not many controversies.
    thebeautifulgameshibierBad
    Naman Tanwar is a special Talent from Little Cuba ie Bhiwani in Haryana. Bhiwani Boxing Club ( Captain Hawa Singh Academy) has produced another Gem. He must be around 9 years old when Vijender Singh's Olympic Medal brought Bhiwani on world map of sports and recognition. 

There is one more upcoming Boxer Sachin Singh from Bhiwani. We will hear about him also very soon.
    sanvedjadhavCarbon_14souravindia
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    Munna,You are correct that so far the level of Judges have been good.Hope it does continue the same way.

However,there have been few hiccups along the way.

In Today's Fight between Manoj and Terry(Australian) boxer,one Canadian judge declared Terry as the winner even though Every other Judge voted in favour of Manoj(Because It was evident that Manoj dominated the bout and should have won all the 3 rounds easily,but he gave his judgement otherwise).

After seeing his score in favour of Terry,Commentator said on air"I think that Canadian referee/judge must have had something in his eye,I don't know which fight he was watching".

So,let let's hope The otherwise stable standard of Refering continues.

munna219777sanvedjadhavNagendraCarbon_14
  • deepudeepu Somaliya1621 Points
    gaurav solanki 21 yr old moves to semis and he beaten oceanic champion who was from png , that png boxer was very good tbh , but still it ended up as a one sided bout , am sure this is another gold for india , solanki has played olympics just at 19
    spartaCarbon_14munna219777
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29637 Points
    Om Mitharwal wins bronze medal in 50 m Pistol Men's final. This is India's 22nd medal at the Games.
    Carbon_14munna219777
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    Gaurav dominated his opponent.Great performance by him.Has the game to win the Gold Medal.He certainly has the chance to win the Gold as well.

In Boxing,In my opinion,It will be a straight shoot-out between India vs England/Great Britain Countries like Northern Ireland, Scotland etc.

munna219777