Commonwealth Games 2018 : Mission Gold at Gold Coast

Comments

• usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    edited April 2018
    Day 9
    Pradeep singh wins silver in weightlifting.
    Tight match going on in Mens TT semifinal,its tied 2-2 after 4 matches. and Now achanta is playing the 5th match
    sharat wins the 5th match for india

NagendraCarbon_14munna219777
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    jitu rai wins gold

Results - 10m Air Pistol Men's Finals

Carbon_14NagendraBrainFallINDIAmunna219777kartik91
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    Disappointing performance by our Women Shooters in 10 M Air Rifle (Women"s categories)-We have lost out on another Gold medal even though we won Silver and Bronze.

Both of our Ladies had their chances to win The Gold but choked badly.

So far, our shooters have disappointed me to be honest.

Earlier,Jitu Rai despite winning the Gold almost let a 6 point lead slip with just 8 shots to go.

Not being able to win a gold in 10m Air Rifle Event(Both Men and Women"s) is very disappointing if you ask me.I expected Gold in both of them.We have had great pedigree in this event.

Whats worse is that expect for Manu Bhanker(Very impressive and consistent Shooting) everybody be it young or Old is Choking at important points which isn"t expected of our Shooters. 

They,disappointed at the Olympics and so far have disappointed at the Commonwealth Games.They seriously need to pull up their socks.

Carbon_14spartamunna219777
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6473 Points
    @ bad .. Yah .. we could have won gold in both 10m rifle events .. but needs to appreciate Mehuli Ghosh.. she is just 17 years old and won silver medal.. 
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    Nagendra,if you are talking purely in Shooting Terms,then yes she did a decent job,but I always try to read between the lines.

Eg)If you watched the final shot,where she shot 10.9 to draw level,the Score Board started to show ShootOff,at that time she started to take off her equipment and started waving to the audience as if to suggest that she was not aware of her score and she thought she had lost.

Not being aware off the points at this level of competition is what concerns me.

What happened-Shootout had to be taken within a specific time period,therefore she quickly had to adjust her Equipment and I could feel at that time,that she was not focused and ready because she was under the pressure of the Time Clock.Therefore she could only shoot 9.9 because she was not ready.

That's is what disappointed me. 

Nagendrathebeautifulgamedeepumunna219777ashindia
    Badminton mixed team gold medal match...

we won first match (mixed doubles) against Malaysia.. 1-0... nice game..
    Carbon_14munna219777
    Badminton mixed team gold medal match...

Srikanth won against Lee Chong Wei in straight games... 2-0 for India.. one more to win Gold..
    Carbon_14munna219777
    T.T : Men's team gold medal match..

Sharath kamal won first match.. India leading 1-0 against Nigeria..
    Carbon_14munna219777
  • deepudeepu Somaliya1621 Points
    ya , she thought she has won and she had put the Singaporean under tremendous pressure with last two shots , her nerves were seen wide open but  ghosh  absent of mind from total costed this match ,if she had  noticed the points first before removing the equipment , story could hv changed 
    Table tennis 2-0 for India 
    Carbon_14munna219777