SAFF Championship 2023

Comments

• samsam 16433 Points
    I think those players remained as subs due to rotation policy because these matches are also kind of practice matches for India. Winning saff is important, so is to give match practice to all
    Abhishek
  • ChelseafanChelseafan Allahabad1655 Points
    Btw players like Subhashish, Kotak and even Mehtab looked so out of sync from the rest of the team 8n our new passing and attacking game. I mean I am so used to the likes of Akash Mishra or Poojari controlling 5he ball well and passing intricately and making those attacking runs, that the sight 9f Subhashish or kotal failing to control the ball or passing to wrong players or breaking a team move was so jarring to see. These players were fine when we were playing defensive, counter attacking, long ball football but with this new pressing attacking & passing style, we need better backups for Mishra on LB and a good RB who are comfortable on the ball. And a second ball playing central defender to act as backup to Anwar Ali. 
    Abhishek
  • AbhishekAbhishek 461 Points
    Is Asish Rai injured? 
  • souravindiasouravindia 3595 Points
    Btw players like Subhashish, Kotak and even Mehtab looked so out of sync from the rest of the team 8n our new passing and attacking game. I mean I am so used to the likes of Akash Mishra or Poojari controlling 5he ball well and passing intricately and making those attacking runs, that the sight 9f Subhashish or kotal failing to control the ball or passing to wrong players or breaking a team move was so jarring to see. These players were fine when we were playing defensive, counter attacking, long ball football but with this new pressing attacking & passing style, we need better backups for Mishra on LB and a good RB who are comfortable on the ball. And a second ball playing central defender to act as backup to Anwar Ali. 

I think we already have few options like Ashis Rai, Hormipam, right back from East Bengal(dont remember the name but he is exceptional), Roshan sing, Bikash Yumnam. But Mehtab is equally good ball player, he might have had a bad outing 
    AbhishekRonny
  • souravindiasouravindia 3595 Points
    Opinion on first half?
  • ChelseafanChelseafan Allahabad1655 Points
    A really feisty first half. India fighting back exceptionally well after a goal down and a well worked equaliser! Injury to Anwar Ali is bad though. He was our best outlet from the defense outwards. We need to use the right flank more and utilise Changte a lot better 8n 2nd half. And Indian midfield has to press higher and win the second balls. We cannot let Kuwait dictate play 8n the middle. 
    Btw how good has been Sahal! Brilliant. 
    souravindianamewtheldashindia
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    The team is taking 15-20 minutes in the game to settle down. That is when we seem to be the most vulnerable. Once we got the form right, it was total dominance. Think we are going to score one or more in the second
    souravindia
  • samsam 16433 Points
    Sahal speaks good Arabic it seems

Abhishek
  • samsam 16433 Points
    Udanta did what he does best. Fumble in the box
    Abhishek
  • gopiajeeshgopiajeesh Kerala654 Points
    edited July 2023
    Playing rohit and jeakson together not working.. Both not able to hold or pass d ball properly 
    ashindia