Who would you like India to play in the future?

Comments

• Singapore may be ranked 161 but they are not close to that. They are very good opponents for India. They are not a Azerbaijan or Oman but they are good enough to give us a good fight.

• RonnyRonny 10472 Points

Singapore is a very sensible idea by AIFF..really appreciate that..they are beatable yet strong at the same time..they regularly beat teams like Malaysia,Thailand and Indonesia

• namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points

> Terp13 said:
    > Apparently AIFF has lined up Singapore for one of the FIFA match days in October according to Jeje's Facebook page but it is not official yet.

Singapore is currently ranked 161 so a decent start. I would have preferred a team in the 130-150 range but I'll take a friendly regardless. Other slots in October and November are also looking to be filled by AIFF.

Yes. Any team is acceptable as long as they send their senior team (F*** Cameroon) and we keep playing on almost all FIFA days. Apart from impacting our ranking, this will have far reaching effect on the fan following of Indian football. India's international football matches generate much more general interest. The hype and publicity we have generated by winning Nehru Cup needs to be sustained. Keep playing and be in news.

• rudrarudra 2958 Points

> Terp13
    > Apparently AIFF has lined up Singapore for one of the FIFA match days in October according to Jeje's Facebook page but it is not official yet.

Singapore is currently ranked 161 so a decent start. I would have preferred a team in the 130-150 range but I'll take a friendly regardless. Other slots in October and November are also looking to be filled by AIFF.

Jeje don't have a fb page, its someone else who made it...and players unlikely to know/share inner workings of AIFF
  • > rudra said:
    > > Terp13
    > > Apparently AIFF has lined up Singapore for one of the FIFA match days in October according to Jeje's Facebook page but it is not official yet.

Jeje don't have a fb page, its someone else who made it...and players unlikely to know/share inner workings of AIFF

>

WE HAVE BEEN FOOLED AND LIED TO!
  • "We are planning to play against
    Singapore or teams from the middle-east
    like Bahrain. ... Our coach Wim
    Koevermans is insistent that we play
    higher ranked teams and we are trying
    to do that," Subhankar Mukherjee, national team director.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/indiahome/indianews/article-2198959/FIFA-decide-India-s-U-17-World-Cup-bid-December.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

• > kshitij USFC said:
    > "We are planning to play against
    > Singapore or teams from the middle-east
    > like Bahrain. ... Our coach Wim
    > Koevermans is insistent that we play
    > higher ranked teams and we are trying
    > to do that," Subhankar Mukherjee, national team director.
    > http://www.dailymail.co.uk/indiahome/indianews/article-2198959/FIFA-decide-India-s-U-17-World-Cup-bid-December.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

The magic word in OR.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points

> Arsenalkid700 said:
    > > rudra said:
    > > > Terp13
    > > > Apparently AIFF has lined up Singapore for one of the FIFA match days in October according to Jeje's Facebook page but it is not official yet.

> >
    >
    >

WE HAVE BEEN FOOLED AND LIED TO!

what is the page btw?

• rudrarudra 2958 Points

this is his profile, real profile for sure...but what is the page @Terp13 was referring to?