Who would you like India to play in the future?

Comments

• From October 12-16th as well as November 14th are the next FIFA match days. Now that we beat Cameroon, who do you guys think we should try to schedule on these days? I was thinking the ever elusive game against Jordan is one thing we can schedule but apart from that a Friendly against DPR Korea is also something I would like to see in one of these days. What do you guys think? Also I heard Pakistan wanted to play us so we can schedule one match against them in one of the October dates.
    Ideally I would like us to play:
    Jordan on October 13th
    Pakistan on October 16th
    DPR Korea on November 14th
    Maybe switching DPR Korea and Jordan is also an Idea I have.

• Arsenalkid700Arsenalkid700 7 Points
    edited September 2012
    Pakistan is a 100% as it would really help the guys who did not do as well and some more youngsters to get in and play the style Wim wants and get used to it.

Jordan is a 0% as they are booked already (FIFA Qualifiers and friendlies) but maybe in December but note that they are ranked 83 which is to high for India. I mean Cameroon was not with the best team, that team is equal to 130-140 or maybe 120.

Korea DPR in ranked 91. Again to high for India. This is the team that does have the ability to only lose 2-1 to Brazil (yes I know Brazil did not play there best). They are also booked all FIFA dates already.
  • Thanks for mentioning that Arsenalkid. I didn't realize these teams were booked.
    I am surprised to see teams that we have previously beaten jump 30+ places above us in rankings so I guess I want to know if these teams are really that much better.
    I want to see us play:
    Turkmenistan (We have beaten them before and more recently tied them more than a year ago) on the 12th October
    Pakistan on the 16th October
    Thailand on 14th November
    And Maybe Lebanon in December.w

• Haha your welcome mate. Very realistic teams now. Turkmenistan is the easiest and Thailand would be a great test. They only lost 1-0 to Australia at home.

• India vs Iraq

India vs Jordan

India vs Thailand
  • RonnyRonny 10457 Points

now that Wellington Phoenix was here I wish we play New Zealand at home..really tough game but wud be interesting

• ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    edited September 2012

My Matches -

1.China - Big rival at politics and their performance has been average in last few years maybe we can do well at home.

2.Singapore - Away from home.

3.Chad

4.Kazakhistan

• sanvedjadhavsanvedjadhav 1096 Points
    edited September 2012

i think we should utilise all 3 fifa matchdays no matter what opposition u play.....hope AIFF are more determined this time .......we should play higher ranked teams preferably in the 110-140 bracket and that too from european or african confederation cause they carry more potential ranking points to win compared to asian teams

• It is usually easier to organize matches against opponents of the same confederation and it is also better for India because they first have to beat teams in Asia before they move to other confederations as Asia is the weakest confederation after Oceania. I don't know if we can match China yet but Singapore is a good opponent to play now. We should start playing opponents we know we could beat but are ranked higher than us and then move up to the top 15 Asian teams like China, Jordan, etc.

• Play the AFC teams ranked from 110 to 140 in the world...