Who would you like India to play in the future?

Comments

• so if we play during fifa friendlies how much point will it carry say if we play Pakistan or any other team between 150-200,100-150..will it carry more points and by how much

• According to this page, there are rumours of India playing friendlies in August against some top Caribbean teams and even Guatemala

Personally I think that may not be a good Idea because I am not sure we can beat them and it may hurt the morale of the team if we get beaten badly but I think there is a good shot of winning against a lot of these teams. We should play these teams later and focus on playing some Asian teams in October. 
  • Shah476Shah476 240 Points

been away from the site for a while fellas..im very much for the ind-pak games.. i think we can use 2 fifa dates play home and away.. our secretary general was to go to india for some saff event but he wasnt given visa in time..so he has missed it. perhaps he can propose the idea over the fone and can start work on it. with cricket team going over in december, and hockey guys planning again after last failed attempt maybe football can break the ice.

• > Shah476 said:
    > been away from the site for a while fellas..im very much for the ind-pak games.. i think we can use 2 fifa dates play home and away.. our secretary general was to go to india for some saff event but he wasnt given visa in time..so he has missed it. perhaps he can propose the idea over the fone and can start work on it. with cricket team going over in december, and hockey guys planning again after last failed attempt maybe football can break the ice.

Would love that. Gives India a good platform to try some new things on, hopefully, a better pitch and of course... FIFA rankings. Plus I hope Pakistan brings in that English-born defender (forgot his name of the top of my head).

well we have really good squad in the pipeline but sadly no games..no1 keen on coming to pkn while lack of funds preventing trips abroad.. so going nearby could be good option.

• > Shah476 said:
    > well we have really good squad in the pipeline but sadly no games..no1 keen on coming to pkn while lack of funds preventing trips abroad.. so going nearby could be good option.

Why... just add a temporary rectangle at the Gaddafi Stadium in Lahore and get rid of the stumps and we are good.

oh footy stadiums not a problem..footy stadium nxt to gaddafi too but its who will come..

• > Shah476 said:
    > oh footy stadiums not a problem..footy stadium nxt to gaddafi too but its who will come..

ahhhh, I dont know, I found Lahore to be great when I was there (mind you it was 4-5 years ago). If its immigration then I hope we can solve that out soon, the Indo-Paki series would be great for both.

lahore is great place n next to the border so shouldnt be too many issues but islamabad has bigger stadium but small population..karachi has decent stadium, good crowds but has bad law and order problem.  but i think islamabad could be good place to start..1 home and 1 away match would be good option.

• Apparently AIFF has lined up Singapore for one of the FIFA match days in October according to Jeje's Facebook page but it is not official yet.

Singapore is currently ranked 161 so a decent start. I would have preferred a team in the 130-150 range but I'll take a friendly regardless. Other slots in October and November are also looking to be filled by AIFF.