I League Player Transfers Season 2012-13

Comments

• <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">
    somesh wrote:
    It seems some of guys have a great knowledge about whats going on in World Football, especially South Asian/SE Asian/Middle East countries. Wanted to get some clarity on few things, so that I can get a perspective; now that some of the Indian Clubs are apparently paying up 2 cr/3 cr for some of the players, and fighting it out with the other clubs, with the same amount, what is the probability of they bringing in some players from few African/other Asian countries who have represented their country in either the WC/African Nations Cup etc.?

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">Right now not possible. At least the players who have recently played in World Cup would not turn up for Indian clubs. We are no competition to the Chinese and Middle East clubs yet. </div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Not 100% true. There are players who have experience with there national teams who have not been discovered yet by the middle-east, East Asians or Europeans yet. We can still sign top players (again Jude Aneke anyone?) from Africa, just need to find them. </font></div>
  • SoccerloverSoccerlover 3434 Points
    somesh wrote:
    It seems some of guys have a great knowledge about whats going on in World Football, especially South Asian/SE Asian/Middle East countries. Wanted to get some clarity on few things, so that I can get a perspective; now that some of the Indian Clubs are apparently paying up 2 cr/3 cr for some of the players, and fighting it out with the other clubs, with the same amount, what is the probability of they bringing in some players from few African/other Asian countries who have represented their country in either the WC/African Nations Cup etc.?

<br><div>Right now not possible. At least the players who have recently played in World Cup would not turn up for Indian clubs. We are no competition to the Chinese and Middle East clubs yet. </div>

<br><div><br></div><div>But whatever I know,few of the players who had played in the WC and turned up for some of the Indian Clubs were not regular in the 1st team of their country and were confined to reserve bench mostly. So very few European or Chinese/Middle East Club showed interest in them and they plied their trade in India( it started with Emeka - although he had played for EB and Md Sporting earlier); even the recent recruit of Dempo never really made a mark for his country(although he did feature in the WC); so my point is,are there any such fringe players like these guys who could be a good buy for the top Indian Clubs?</div>
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    You can see that now there are already 6 European clubs chasing down GPL scorer Emmanuel and East Bengal is out of the race. You can at best get a player who someday was called for camps for NT.
  • somesh wrote:
    You can see that now there are already 6 European clubs chasing down GPL scorer Emmanuel and East Bengal is out of the race. You can at best get a player who someday was called for camps for NT.

<br><div><br></div><div>Well Emmanuel is young, a Ghana international and top scorer in that league so it was always going to happen. What I am saying though is that in overall Africa there are top players. Look at the CAF Champions League. There are top Liberian players, top players from Angola. They would all do better than the guys we have now.</div>
    I wont say that they will do better than the current lot with so much confidence. Only if they bring players who have proven themselves in their country can be relied upon. You can easily see Densill is nowhere near Ranty who doesnt even have NT experience, let alone World Cup.<div><br></div><div>If you want to go for fringe players, I would rather take the once already doing well here.</div>
  • SoccerloverSoccerlover 3434 Points
    arsenalfan wrote:
    somesh wrote:

<br><div><br></div><div>Well Emmanuel is young, a Ghana international and top scorer in that league so it was always going to happen. What I am saying though is that in overall Africa there are top players. Look at the CAF Champions League. There are top Liberian players, top players from Angola. They would all do better than the guys we have now.</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>So if thats the case, then why does our Indian Clubs do not get thru the agents of these players? Is it that they are not updated with whats happening around/the remuneration of these players? Or is it that that we dont have the right recruiters who have a knowhow about football? Or they do not have the access to the agents of these players? It seems to me that most of the clubs relies on their ex players (e.g. Chima, Seriki) to reach out to these players. But my question do these guys know enough about who are the key players who would fit into a top Indian side?</div>
  • somesh wrote:
    I wont say that they will do better than the current lot with so much confidence. Only if they bring players who have proven themselves in their country can be relied upon. You can easily see Densill is nowhere near Ranty who doesnt even have NT experience, let alone World Cup.<div><br></div><div>If you want to go for fringe players, I would rather take the once already doing well here.</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>The unproven foreigners who already do good here I dont mind. Just dont bring any new ones, from now on bring the proven ones. Also how can we compare Densil and Ranty. Ranty is a striker, Densil is a midfielder. </div>
    There is a logic in why the clubs go through the existing players. The clubs have a small budget, and they pay a huge chunk of that to each foreigner. So they do not want to risk it. The existing players know what it takes to be successful here and they know the kinds of players who can do it. But obviously they will choose from their list of contacts which more often than not does not include the top players
    Why cant we compare Densil and Ranty? I did not compare them by the number of goals they scored. And if you want to get the players who have proven themselves in Africa or elsewhere, you will have competitions from the richest clubs and they would become unaffordable
  • dip_anjdip_anj 137 Points
    arsenalfan wrote:
    somesh wrote:

<br><div><br></div><div>The unproven foreigners who already do good here I dont mind. Just dont bring any new ones, from now on bring the proven ones. Also how can we compare Densil and Ranty. Ranty is a striker, Densil is a midfielder. </div>

Somesh is right.Not all foreigners who had done well outside are successful in India.So it is better to stick to the proven ones because anyway they are not going to improve our football..Densil is nothing compared to Beto even.<br>