I League Player Transfers Season 2012-13

Comments

• Yes, Prayag United are looking to move out of Kolkata to Siliguri. Kanchanjunga stadium has been approved fit to host I league games as well. I am very happy that Bengal is working bit by bit on developing stadium infrastructure which is what the country desperately needs.
    There is so much talk about spreading football to other parts of India but no one from other parts of India are willing to shell out for football even half the amount they would do for an IPL team. After watching the Mumbai FC East bengal game a couple hours ago and the way Maharastrian teams fared in I league 2nd division, I feel vindicated that the Mumbai culture is way too glamor focused to work with football which requires more grassroot level developmental work right now as opposed to cheer girls or after game parties like they do in IPL. Come on, these cities house some of the richest in India and they cannot get a coach better than Khalid Jamil or a striker better than Lalwmpuia. I feel very very sad the way Khalid fails to utilize Fakhruddin's potential game after game. I am going to do a full analysis of the game later, first I need to find a page where I can write the analysis.
  • sabir wrote:
    arsenalfan wrote:
    sujoy1976 wrote:
    MB should participate in C-grade tournaments. bunch of jokers . baretto is super duper flop player this year. scored 6-8 goals . took 80-90 lakhs. joker :o3 :o3 :o3

Exactly. That money can be used better. Barreto is in his 30s. To old.

joking? He is only 21....

Jose Ramirez Barreto... 35
  • sabirsabir 46 Points
    Really...Lalampuiya reminds me of "Batul the great" - the famous Bengali comic character. He was a good talent. Just spoilt himself because of his drinking habit.

@ arsenalfan...it's me who was joking. :D
  • projenator wrote:
    Yes, Prayag United are looking to move out of Kolkata to Siliguri. Kanchanjunga stadium has been approved fit to host I league games as well. I am very happy that Bengal is working bit by bit on developing stadium infrastructure which is what the country desperately needs.
    There is so much talk about spreading football to other parts of India but no one from other parts of India are willing to shell out for football even half the amount they would do for an IPL team. After watching the Mumbai FC East bengal game a couple hours ago and the way Maharastrian teams fared in I league 2nd division, I feel vindicated that the Mumbai culture is way too glamor focused to work with football which requires more grassroot level developmental work right now as opposed to cheer girls or after game parties like they do in IPL. Come on, these cities house some of the richest in India and they cannot get a coach better than Khalid Jamil or a striker better than Lalwmpuia. I feel very very sad the way Khalid fails to utilize Fakhruddin's potential game after game. I am going to do a full analysis of the game later, first I need to find a page where I can write the analysis.

I would not say that no one from outside the North-East (including West Bengal) is interested in starting a team. There are investors out there but they need a good reason to make a team. They need to be assured that the model the league has is profitable and good.

Again another American example: No one thought that Football (Soccer) would work in cities like Seattle, San Jose, Philly, etc and also no one wanted to invest. MLS came up with a better model, made the DP "Icon" rule and increased the salary cap and boom 3 teams come in from those cities and crowds come in and its a success.

Trust me. Give these places time and they will come good.
  • arsenalfan wrote:

I would not say that no one from outside the North-East (including West Bengal) is interested in starting a team. There are investors out there but they need a good reason to make a team. They need to be assured that the model the league has is profitable and good.

Again another American example: No one thought that Football (Soccer) would work in cities like Seattle, San Jose, Philly, etc and also no one wanted to invest. MLS came up with a better model, made the DP "Icon" rule and increased the salary cap and boom 3 teams come in from those cities and crowds come in and its a success.

Trust me. Give these places time and they will come good.

I think football the stage it is right now in India lacks glamor, also ad revenue from football is less compared to say cricket or American football, which has way too many time outs and breaks for my liking. The former reason is the primary cause of Mumbaikars and Delhi ites not showing much interest, and lesser ad time is not good value for money, especially from the Indian sponsor's perspective. I suggest for a start, that Durand cup (Delhi) and Rovers cup (Mumbai) be revived in a big way with all top I league teams playing in it. Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore is where all the money is, without participation from fans and investors in these areas, Indian football is not going to progress much.

• AdminAdmin 240 Points
    hello Utapal! How are you liking it here? You can introduce yourself in the Introduction Thread
  • UtpalUtpal 0 Points
    It's an awesome forum with so many knowledgable persons. I am glad that I could discover the hidden treasure here. Definitely I will use the Introduction thread to brief about myself. Looking forward to some fruitful discussion about Indian football.

Thanks a ton.
  • UtpalUtpal 0 Points
    Here are a few transfer updates I came to know about. I don't know if you guys are already aware of these developments, but if you feel the info is redundant, please feel free to delete my post.

1. Tolgay Ozbey Demands Rs 150 Lakhs To Stay At East Bengal

2. Mohun Bagan Finalizes Denson Devadas

3. Edeh Chidi Linked To East Bengal

4. Ogba Kalu All Set To Join Mohun Bagan

Source: http://www.liveindianfootball.netne.net/1_42_Indian-Football-Transfer-Rumors.html