I League Player Transfers Season 2012-13

Comments

• imsouravimsourav kolkata659 Points
    4 foreigners confirmed for bagan eche, stanley, odafe and tolgay
  • dip_anjdip_anj 137 Points
    debjit1925 wrote:
    Sourav, where did you get this news from?

Another Xtra Time rumour<br>
  • SoccerloverSoccerlover 3434 Points
    dip_anj wrote:
    dip_anj wrote:
    Murali wrote:
    <p>@ Soccerlover, by deadly duo, are you pointing to Odafa and Tolgay? Don't get me wrong, but the approach of MMB management is flattering to decieve. Again they are building a top heavy side - but the most important question is where are the defenders? One cant win matches just by scoring goals, they need to concede less goals than converted to register a win. Sooner MMB officials realize this, better for the club and its supporters.</p>

<br><div><br></div><div>No yaar; By deadly dua I meant the two jokers of the club, who have always recruited a wrong team!</div>

I am not too disappointed with the current season confirmed recruits of MB so far.There are multiple options available for each position which was missing last year.Average age is also on the lower side which is going to help them in long run.probably some of the players are from the list what Subrata has suggested.He probably gonna stay at least for some more time.<br>

<br><div><br></div><div>Well...u cannot win matches with a star studded forward line only! Midfield is the backbone of the team, and with whatever update thats coming in, MB does'nt have a strong midfield; I wud say , EB(if they are able to sign/retain all the players who are being linked with them) wud have the best midfield in the country - even better than what it had this year. Regarding MB's defence, the less we talk about it, I think the better it is..!!!! </div>

If you look at the last 2 years team it was due to the unavailability of reserve players of defence and midfield due to injury or quality.this year most of the players recruited are pretty young.Another thing is if Eche settles down in stopper Anwar will look like Maldini for sure.It all depends who alongside you are playing with.Even with peter Odafe as stopper we came runners at I League.So lot depends on Eche.The following defenders are confirmed and some more will be added to this list.I am not too disappointed with this line up at defence.<span class="messageBody" data-ft="{"type":3}">Rajib, Aibor, Nirmal, Khelemba, Anwar, Sourav, Eche, Deepak Kumar,Nabi.</span>

<br><div><br></div><div>There u go...! Just see for urself what kinda defence MB's planning to have!!! The same set of defenders might have been successful in Goa, where there is much less pressure, but in Kolkata u just cant survive with this inexperienced defence. And againend of next year we would say MB leaked in soft goals in crucial matches citing inexperienced defence. Anwar is as good as over. Yet Bagan continues with him....with the tortoise like Masih as a defensive blocker...!!! </div>
  • imsouravimsourav kolkata659 Points
    heard it from one of my friends, a loyal bagan supporter.
  • debjit1925debjit1925 0 Points
    isn't Stanley a forward too?
    dip_anj wrote:
    dip_anj wrote:
    Murali wrote:
    <p>@ Soccerlover, by deadly duo, are you pointing to Odafa and Tolgay? Don't get me wrong, but the approach of MMB management is flattering to decieve. Again they are building a top heavy side - but the most important question is where are the defenders? One cant win matches just by scoring goals, they need to concede less goals than converted to register a win. Sooner MMB officials realize this, better for the club and its supporters.</p>

<br><div><br></div><div>No yaar; By deadly dua I meant the two jokers of the club, who have always recruited a wrong team!</div>

I am not too disappointed with the current season confirmed recruits of MB so far.There are multiple options available for each position which was missing last year.Average age is also on the lower side which is going to help them in long run.probably some of the players are from the list what Subrata has suggested.He probably gonna stay at least for some more time.<br>

<br><div><br></div><div>Well...u cannot win matches with a star studded forward line only! Midfield is the backbone of the team, and with whatever update thats coming in, MB does'nt have a strong midfield; I wud say , EB(if they are able to sign/retain all the players who are being linked with them) wud have the best midfield in the country - even better than what it had this year. Regarding MB's defence, the less we talk about it, I think the better it is..!!!! </div>

If you look at the last 2 years team it was due to the unavailability of reserve players of defence and midfield due to injury or quality.this year most of the players recruited are pretty young.Another thing is if Eche settles down in stopper Anwar will look like Maldini for sure.It all depends who alongside you are playing with.Even with peter Odafe as stopper we came runners at I League.So lot depends on Eche.The following defenders are confirmed and some more will be added to this list.I am not too disappointed with this line up at defence.<span class="messageBody" data-ft="{"type":3}">Rajib, Aibor, Nirmal, Khelemba, Anwar, Sourav, Eche, Deepak Kumar,Nabi.</span>

<br><div><br></div><div>There u go...! Just see for urself what kinda defence MB's planning to have!!! The same set of defenders might have been successful in Goa, where there is much less pressure, but in Kolkata u just cant survive with this inexperienced defence. And againend of next year we would say MB leaked in soft goals in crucial matches citing inexperienced defence. Anwar is as good as over. Yet Bagan continues with him....with the tortoise like Masih as a defensive blocker...!!! </div>

I did not say this is a full list.But these are the players who all are confirmed and I think it is far better recruit than the last 2 seasons from my experience in Kolkata football.Though you might not agree.We badly needed a foreigner stopper and Eche is kind of okay.In all probabilities Kinshuk will also stay.So there are plenty of stoppers and side back.Nirmal and Rajib are very good recruits.<br>
    debjit1925 wrote:

Yep he is a forward  played for MDS last season.The news has been flashed in XTRA time today.But the numbers strikers MB has already recruited it is hard to digest that they are recruiting Stanley.<br>
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    dip_anj wrote:
    debjit1925 wrote:

Yep he is a forward  played for MDS last season.The news has been flashed in XTRA time today.But the numbers strikers MB has already recruited it is hard to digest that they are recruiting Stanley.<br>

<br><div><br></div><div>But now why did they signed sabeeth???for kolkatta league?</div> ~X(
  • debjit1925debjit1925 0 Points
    shankar wrote:
    dip_anj wrote:
    debjit1925 wrote:

<br><div><br></div><div>But now why did they signed sabeeth???for kolkatta league?</div> ~X(

<br><div><br></div><div>For the under 19 quota they already have Manish Bhragav who performed pretty well this season. Sabeeth should have joined some other club as he will decorate the bench for most of the season as someone rightly pointed out before. They might be thinking of playing Tolgay more as a winger and not a positive striker. That is the only reason i can think of signing stanley. Btw how good is this guy? I really never heard much of him.</div>
  • SoccerloverSoccerlover 3434 Points
    debjit1925 wrote:
    shankar wrote:
    dip_anj wrote:
    debjit1925 wrote:

<br><div><br></div><div>For the under 19 quota they already have Manish Bhragav who performed pretty well this season. Sabeeth should have joined some other club as he will decorate the bench for most of the season as someone rightly pointed out before. They might be thinking of playing Tolgay more as a winger and not a positive striker. That is the only reason i can think of signing stanley. Btw how good is this guy? I really never heard much of him.</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>Dont think there is any substance to this rumour. MB, probably would be lookin for a midfielder</div>