Brandon Fernandes

Comments

• rudrarudra 2958 Points
    mehtab and brandon are not even comparable both at the level of positions they take and at the level they play...btw maldives goal was created from mehtab's corner
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    rudra wrote: »
    mehtab and brandon are not even comparable both at the level of positions they take and at the level they play...btw maldives goal was created from mehtab's corner

<br><br>i am not comparing both players ! i am comparing set peice ability !! our majority goals in past i.e ASIA CUP 2011,SAFF cup 2011 , Nehru Cup 2012 etc are came from Set piece where as in this SAFF no Clifford no goall . we miss his  cross and his set piece  ability  also 
    rudra wrote: »
    Sunil Chhetri!!!

<br><br>Sunil chettri takes short free kick
  • harry191 wrote: »
    Too much publicity for a player who is yet to perform in I-League. First play and perform, then talk. Show some skills. <br>

<br>what..... i league is what la liga or EPL or bundesliga ???????<br>are you kidding me ... he is the first asian to get selected for ASD camp.<br>he at the age of 19 has undergone trails with premier league clubs like Leicester city and Reading FC.<br>didnt you watch his passing skills the reverse flick.i cant imagine anyother indian doing that or scoring that long ranger <br>what else you expect for him to prove at this age ..play for MOhun bagan  and then get selected.<br>I league is not the benchmark for him  man ...<br> :O

<br><br>Sorry to say but dont degrade I-League. Okay I-league is nowhere in front of la liga, EPL, Bundesliga but what is ASD Academy in front of those leagues. You mean to say that some academy practise match and a video on social networking site is greater then performing in actual league. What is your benchmark-academy practice ground and arranged trails by agent????where is competitive football?????<br>
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    edited September 2013
    I seriously doubt that the South African 3rd Division, which includes Academies for youth players and amateur clubs, is better than the I-League.<div><br></div><div>Do I think that Fernandes can play in I-League though? Yes. Would he be as "good" as he is at ASD? No.</div><div><br></div><div>That is the reality. He is young, doing well at some Academy in South Africa, and he is Indian which means that he is marketable. If he was say... Japanese, then no one would give a crap. Simple.</div>
    by the way he played for pro club last season and from same League South African International and ASD product Patosi came<div><h4 style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 2px; border: 0px none; background-image: inherit; background-size: inherit; background-attachment: inherit; background-origin: inherit; background-clip: inherit; background-color: rgb(231, 102, 18); color: rgb(255, 202, 5); font-size: 12px; font-family: tahoma;"><br></h4></div>
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    <span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">
    7negi wrote: »
    by the way he played for pro club last season and from same League South African International and ASD product Patosi came</span><div><h4 style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 2px; border: 0px none; background-image: inherit; background-size: inherit; background-attachment: inherit; background-origin: inherit; background-clip: inherit; font-size: 12px; font-family: tahoma;"><span style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-weight: normal; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">
     </span></h4></div><div><span style="background-color: rgb(204, 204, 204);"><br></span></div><div>Who?</div><div><br></div><div>And that pro club was a part of ASD and was in the 3rd Division... with other Academies and amateur teams.</div><div><br></div><div>Also Patosi is one of many players. He was considered good enough and went... Fernandes is 19 now and is still playing for ASD. He has had 2 trials in England for clubs which most likely only took him because he seemed like the most marketable Indian to date and was most likely not considered good enough based on ability in the end.</div><div><br></div><div>I do think he will do well but just way, way, way, way, way overrated (I could use more "ways"). I doubt he will make it in the Premier League or Championship or the Belgian leagues etc etc. I can see him either coming back to India or staying in South Africa in the 1st or 2nd tiers.</div>
    <span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">
    7negi wrote: »
    by the way he played for pro club last season and from same League South African International and ASD product Patosi came</span><div><h4 style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 2px; border: 0px none; background-image: inherit; background-size: inherit; background-attachment: inherit; background-origin: inherit; background-clip: inherit; font-size: 12px; font-family: tahoma;"><span style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-weight: normal; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">
     </span></h4></div><div><span style="background-color: rgb(204, 204, 204);"><br></span></div><div>Who?</div><div><br></div><div>And that pro club was a part of ASD and was in the 3rd Division... with other Academies and amateur teams.</div><div><br></div><div>Also Patosi is one of many players. He was considered good enough and went... Fernandes is 19 now and is still playing for ASD. He has had 2 trials in England for clubs which most likely only took him because he seemed like the most marketable Indian to date and was most likely not considered good enough based on ability in the end.</div><div><br></div><div>I do think he will do well but just way, way, way, way, way overrated (I could use more "ways"). I doubt he will make it in the Premier League or Championship or the Belgian leagues etc etc. I can see him either coming back to India or staying in South Africa in the 1st or 2nd tiers.</div>

<br><br>patosi first become graduate and then he joined the club wait till Brandon become graduate from that academy !! u must see the league Video  !! its far better then I league U20 and B div ! more physical ,more speed  and everything far better !!  Brandon is one of best youth player in this age in India 
    not only patosi played in that league ! many ASD graduate plays in it and they they transfer to clubs in MLS ,Belgium etc