The Great Indian Football Debates

Comments

• rudrarudra 2958 Points
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Next point (I lost count)</font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; ">Do the players really scouted?</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; ">Well, not much I confess, but still some....and remember all these tears i league players played so scouting must have been less, but now the oppurtunity is more..anywayys some evidence-</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><b>He also represented the state in the Santosh Trophy in 2007 when he was spotted by Mumbai FC scouts and later signed him on</b>.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">http://punefc.com/?player=rollingson-hungyo</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><b>Raleng</b> benefited from that last time when he was spotted by Chirag after finishing topscorer, while this season <b>East Bengal coach Subhash Bhowmick did attend Bengal’s coaching camp to spot players and Mohammedan Sporting have decided to pick good performers from the Santosh Trophy</b></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/1943/speakout/2009/05/26/1287309/speakout-the-importance-of-santosh-trophy</font></div></div>;
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    rudra wrote:
    shankar wrote:
    <br><div><br></div><div>or some i-league teams friendlies that would be good too </div><div>and as far as talent hunt goes....all thos i-league teams going there could scout for talent if they are interested cant they???</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>Many things can be done...but its not done...we have to live with reality for the time being...as for the debate we have to consider everything as it is...we cant say - change this  and that and then we dont need such trophies</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>Club friendly is not the one which is not in reality...</div><div>there is some talks of  kolkatta derby being held in diff places,.....and also we do see in recent past that SLFC travelled to nagaland for a friendly...</div><div><br></div><div>so this concept is well there to replace this trophy</div>
  • rudra wrote:
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Next point (I lost count)</font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; ">Do the players really scouted?</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; ">Well, not much I confess, but still some....and remember all these tears i league players played so scouting must have been less, but now the oppurtunity is more..anywayys some evidence-</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><b>He also represented the state in the Santosh Trophy in 2007 when he was spotted by Mumbai FC scouts and later signed him on</b>.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">http://punefc.com/?player=rollingson-hungyo</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><b>Raleng</b> benefited from that last time when he was spotted by Chirag after finishing topscorer, while this season <b>East Bengal coach Subhash Bhowmick did attend Bengal’s coaching camp to spot players and Mohammedan Sporting have decided to pick good performers from the Santosh Trophy</b></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/1943/speakout/2009/05/26/1287309/speakout-the-importance-of-santosh-trophy</font></div></div>;

<br><div><br></div><div>Again the article is from 2009. We are talking about 2012 where no I-League players are playing in the tournament.</div>
  • AdminAdmin 240 Points
    Love rudra's points and citations of real events. His argument have a stronger base and look convincing
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    Admin wrote:
    Love rudra's points and citations of real events. His argument have a stronger base and look convincing

<br><div><br></div><div>yea some excellent points...</div><div>but most are pretty old one when santosh trophy used to have its pride ...</div><div><br></div>
  • reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    Most of the Santosh trophy players dont go into Ileague, but they get selected into lower leagues clubs of CFL, GPL, Karnataka leagues, etc. To make a top footballing nation we not only need to have best 11 players but a bunch of players, including second graded players.
  • reddevil87 wrote:
    Against the motion : Santosh trophy has been a relieve for poor guys for unpopular states like HP, Jharkand, and some NE states too, where people are still fighting hard for having a set lyf. Football is a bread and butter for players from these states, this trophy gives an opportunity for showcasing their talent. Many of the players are not full time professionals but would like to become one if given the chance. Many time these players are not aware of the trials happening so they are not selected by clubs. Also this give chance for them to get in touch with other players and networking.  Also, as rudra said they get jobs into PSU's too based on this.<div><br></div><div>Coming to the point of pulling it backwards. It is not, 1 crore is not much amount if AIFF can get sponsors, but it is AIFF's inability to get sponsors. Coming as rudra mentioned if AIFF chooses the location then they can get sponsors and organise this tournament with ease.</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>WE ARE A CHARITY CASE!!!! TIMES 100! I can say this all night. Dont give me this crap about the poor players. Trust me, I care for them, I am sorry they live in poverty. BUT THAT IS THERE SHIT STATE FEDERATIONS FAULT!</div>
  • reddevil87 wrote:
    Most of the Santosh trophy players dont go into Ileague, but they get selected into lower leagues clubs of CFL, GPL, Karnataka leagues, etc. To make a top footballing nation we not only need to have best 11 players but a bunch of players, including second graded players.

<br><div><br></div><div>Most are already with a club.</div>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    arsenalfan wrote:
    rudra wrote:

<br><div><br></div><div>Again the article is from 2009. We are talking about 2012 where no I-League players are playing in the tournament.</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>we will know 2012 story in 2012-13 season..and its good that no i league players are playing, so more chance of scouting as we already know the worth of I league players.. </div><div>I would also say that most players being scouted are not going to come in internet as they will be chosen by smaller clubs...</div><div><br></div><div>as for old articles, one has to remember the spots chosen by AIFF has not been the best -</div><div>Assam</div><div>Kolkata</div><div>Chennai</div><div>Orissa</div><div><br></div><div>All these have cricket base, unlike Kashmir (also has some cricket) and Manipur...</div><div><br></div><div>I am not sure I can give much evidence about players being scouted as they go in smaller clubs, also I will say that in regards of scouting @shankar and @arsenalfan are correct as not much scouting maybe happening as they already have clubs and they are not young....</div>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    But maybe we sud have the debate the other way. How is Santosh Trophy putting Indian football backwards. It might be that Its not improving football..ok..but how backwards...The point I got so far is this -<div style="font-weight: normal; "><br></div><div><b>1 crore of funds loss by AIFF</b></div><div><b><br></b></div><div><b>any other?</b></div>