The Great Indian Football Debates

Comments

• reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">
    arsenalfan wrote:
    reddevil87 wrote:
    Most of the Santosh trophy players dont go into Ileague, but they get selected into lower leagues clubs of CFL, GPL, Karnataka leagues, etc. To make a top footballing nation we not only need to have best 11 players but a bunch of players, including second graded players.

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">Most are already with a club.</div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Even they get a chance to showcase the talent at a better level and also help them to get better contracts. But, since this is the first time Santosh tophy is happening without there is a high chance that some might noticed but one needs to wait for sometime for that.</font></div>
    rudra wrote:
    But maybe we sud have the debate the other way. How is Santosh Trophy putting Indian football backwards. It might be that Its not improving football..ok..but how backwards...The point I got so far is this -<div style="font-weight: normal; "><br></div><div><b>1 crore of funds loss by AIFF</b></div><div><b><br></b></div><div><b>any other?</b></div>

<br><div><br></div><div>I dont think it is 1 crore loss altogether. If AIFF is able to carefully plan they organizing this trophy, then they can get few sponsors. So the loss is even less.</div>
  • Admin wrote:
    Love rudra's points and citations of real events. His argument have a stronger base and look convincing

<br><div><br></div><div>I find that hard to believe because most of points are so old. Right now we are in 2012, we have no I-League players in the cup. Right now we have a U20 I-League that is 1-month long. That 1 crore, just 1 crore can make it longer and maybe convince some owners to work on youth. </div><div><br></div><div>Also again we are trying to look long-term. We dont need 25-year old amateurs because they wont improve the league nor would they improve Indian football. The U19 and U16 tournament will. There is talent there. Talent that showed up this past I-League season, and admin I have showed you that but of course you choose to ignore this.</div><div><br></div><div>And again even our best coach for the national team ever said that the Santosh Trophy is a waste. Ask anyone with knowledge of football and they will say that the u16 and u19 tournament is a good idea especially sense India is looking at the longer term.</div><div><br></div><div>Some can say poverty, history and amateurs who with no education somehow miss trials for clubs but by a miracle find out about this cup but this is not a need at this moment. It is a waste. Specially when the states dont even pay a penny for this tournament, the All India Football Federation have more to be concerned about than giving over 23 year olds amateurs a tournament to play in and blocking the opportunity of the u19 player who means more.</div>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    reddevil87 wrote:
    rudra wrote:
    But maybe we sud have the debate the other way. How is Santosh Trophy putting Indian football backwards. It might be that Its not improving football..ok..but how backwards...The point I got so far is this -<div style="font-weight: normal; "><br></div><div><b>1 crore of funds loss by AIFF</b></div><div><b><br></b></div><div><b>any other?</b></div>

<br><div><br></div><div>I dont think it is 1 crore loss altogether. If AIFF is able to carefully plan they organizing this trophy, then they can get few sponsors. So the loss is even less.</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>I am trying to get the points together. This is one point</div>
  • reddevil87 wrote:
    rudra wrote:

<br><div><br></div><div>How can they get sponsors for this tournament for amateurs while they cant get sponsors for there professional league.</div>
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    edited May 2012
    rudra wrote:
    reddevil87 wrote:
    rudra wrote:

<div><br></div><div><br></div><div><div>I am trying to get the points together. This is one point</div>

<br></div><div><div>It is causing unwanted excess matches for players who play for 2nd div and others....</div><div>could results in wear out</div><div><br></div><div>may be this tournament should be allowed only for PSU club players or for those who dont have any club representation  <br><br class="Apple-interchange-newline"></div></div>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    shankar wrote:
    rudra wrote:
    reddevil87 wrote:
    rudra wrote:

<div><br></div><div><br></div><div><div>I am trying to get the points together. This is one point</div>

<br></div><div><div>It is causing unwanted excess matches for players who play for 2nd div and others....</div><div>could results in wear out</div><div><br></div><div>may be this tournament should be allowed only for PSU club players or for those who dont have any club representation  <br><br class="Apple-interchange-newline"></div></div>

<br><div><br></div><div>What is the maximum number of matches a 2nd div guy plays in India? </div>
  • 8-16 in 2nd Division and over 10 in state league. That is good for a bunch of amateurs.
    arsenalfan wrote:
    Admin wrote:
    Love rudra's points and citations of real events. His argument have a stronger base and look convincing

<br><div><br></div><div>I find that hard to believe because most of points are so old. Right now we are in 2012, we have no I-League players in the cup. Right now we have a U20 I-League that is 1-month long. That 1 crore, just 1 crore can make it longer and maybe convince some owners to work on youth. </div><div><br></div><div>Also again we are trying to look long-term. We dont need 25-year old amateurs because they wont improve the league nor would they improve Indian football. The U19 and U16 tournament will. There is talent there. Talent that showed up this past I-League season, and admin I have showed you that but of course you choose to ignore this.</div><div><br></div><div>And again even our best coach for the national team ever said that the Santosh Trophy is a waste. Ask anyone with knowledge of football and they will say that the u16 and u19 tournament is a good idea especially sense India is looking at the longer term.</div><div><span style="font-size: 10pt; ">
     </span></div><div><span style="font-size: 10pt; "><br></span></div><div><span style="font-size: 10pt; ">A repeated question, how do you account for the 23+ footballers who only played football with a aim to become professional during youth but wasnt that good to get selected in top league?? As per your plan, these guys should be chucked out of the system as they are not good. They are not the best but they need some kind of support so that they can earn a living out of it.  </span></div>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    arsenalfan wrote:
    8-16 in 2nd Division and over 10 in state league. That is good for a bunch of amateurs.
    <div><br></div><div>and still there is a question of worn out??? I find that unconvincing</div>