The Great Indian Football Debates

Comments

• shankarshankar 2600 Points
    rudra wrote:
    shankar wrote:
    rudra wrote:
    reddevil87 wrote:
    rudra wrote:
    But maybe we sud have the debate the other way. How is Santosh Trophy putting Indian football backwards. It might be that Its not improving football..ok..but how backwards...The point I got so far is this -<div style="font-weight: normal; "><br></div><div><b>1 crore of funds loss by AIFF</b></div><div><b><br></b></div><div><b>any other?</b></div>

<br><div><br></div><div>I dont think it is 1 crore loss altogether. If AIFF is able to carefully plan they organizing this trophy, then they can get few sponsors. So the loss is even less.</div>
     <div><br></div><div><br></div><div><div>I am trying to get the points together. This is one point</div>

<br></div><div><div>It is causing unwanted excess matches for players who play for 2nd div and others....</div><div>could results in wear out</div><div><br></div><div>may be this tournament should be allowed only for PSU club players or for those who dont have any club representation  <br><br class="Apple-interchange-newline"></div></div>

<br><div><br></div><div>What is the maximum number of matches a 2nd div guy plays in India? </div>

<br><div><br></div><div>local league around 8 matches</div><div>then in 2nd div around 6-10  matches</div><div><br></div><div>dont you think that is too much for him to prove his talent and for his money as well</div><div>and add to it some tournaments lik ek nayanar or any other ...</div><div>that will make some good sum for his employer</div>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    arsenalfan wrote:
    reddevil87 wrote:
    rudra wrote:
    But maybe we sud have the debate the other way. How is Santosh Trophy putting Indian football backwards. It might be that Its not improving football..ok..but how backwards...The point I got so far is this -<div style="font-weight: normal; "><br></div><div><b>1 crore of funds loss by AIFF</b></div><div><b><br></b></div><div><b>any other?</b></div>

<br><div><br></div><div>I dont think it is 1 crore loss altogether. If AIFF is able to carefully plan they organizing this trophy, then they can get few sponsors. So the loss is even less.</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>How can they get sponsors for this tournament for amateurs while they cant get sponsors for there professional league.</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>Because for this u can target local sponsors depending on the host state and the amount is much less than what u need for a league. J&K showed that just 4 years ago....In states like J&K or Manipur no one comes to watch I league stars (coz there are hardly stars in i league that common ppl know about)....If Manipur/Nagaland can get a crowd for amateurish local league they can get it here too...Sponsors are easy to find for a local tournament..maynot full sponsorship but some part....</div><div><br></div><div>after Kashmir they did get that much crowd as the locations were - assam, chennai, kolkata and now orisssa</div>
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">And again, BOO HOO! That is the state federations responsibility. Does the national federation need to cater to everyone! </font><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Does the English FA cater to all the county tournaments.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Does the US Soccer Federation cater to all the states.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Again this is just people calling for AIFF to do everything. The Goa Football Federation have taken action and have given there players a chance in the GPL. Nagaland is doing the same thing. Same for Sikkim and the state Shillong is in (I know what it is, to lazy to find spelling).</font></div>
    rudra wrote:
    arsenalfan wrote:
    8-16 in 2nd Division and over 10 in state league. That is good for a bunch of amateurs.
    <div><br></div><div>and still there is a question of worn out??? I find that unconvincing</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>Here the point is he is having enough opputunity in these 18 matches to get a better contract in i-league team/ job in PSU</div><div>so what is the point of these players playing in the trophy..</div><div><br></div><div>in that case if we have a u-23 trophy in the place of santosh trophy we will at least have a tournament which shall provide the clubs some young talents which could help increase of pool of players</div>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    shankar wrote:
    rudra wrote:
    shankar wrote:
    rudra wrote:
    reddevil87 wrote:
    rudra wrote:

<div><br></div><div><br></div><div><div>I am trying to get the points together. This is one point</div>

<br></div><div><div>It is causing unwanted excess matches for players who play for 2nd div and others....</div><div>could results in wear out</div><div><br></div><div>may be this tournament should be allowed only for PSU club players or for those who dont have any club representation  <br><br class="Apple-interchange-newline"></div></div>

<br><div><br></div><div>What is the maximum number of matches a 2nd div guy plays in India? </div>

<br><div><br></div><div>local league around 8 matches</div><div>then in 2nd div around 6-10  matches</div><div><br></div><div>dont you think that is too much for him to prove his talent and for his money as well</div><div>and add to it some tournaments lik ek nayanar or any other ...</div><div>that will make some good sum for his employer</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>How many state teams play in 2nd div or all india tournaments???? they cover at max 10 states, maybe less</div>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    arsenalfan wrote:
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">And again, BOO HOO! That is the state federations responsibility. Does the national federation need to cater to everyone! </font><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Does the English FA cater to all the county tournaments.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Does the US Soccer Federation cater to all the states.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Again this is just people calling for AIFF to do everything. The Goa Football Federation have taken action and have given there players a chance in the GPL. Nagaland is doing the same thing. Same for Sikkim and the state Shillong is in (I know what it is, to lazy to find spelling).</font></div>

<br><div><br></div><div>Instead, why dont u put ur points how santosh trophy is putting Indian football backwards...</div><div>Sarcasm is fine, but that doesnt always puts the perspective in right place..why dont u lead and say here are the 5 points why santosh is killing indian football, that will be a big step for humanity</div>
  • reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    Also, to add rudra's point most locations like JK and Manipur are underdeveloped areas, they dont have internet or TV cable to watch Ileague matches. They dont follow Ileague at all, and this gives a perfect opportunity  for locals to get hooked to sports and some local sponsors to earn money. 
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" style="font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; ">
    rudra wrote:
    shankar wrote:
    </font><br><div style="font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; font-family: Arial, Verdana; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; font-family: Arial, Verdana; line-height: normal; ">local league around 8 matches</div><div style="font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; font-family: Arial, Verdana; line-height: normal; ">then in 2nd div around 6-10  matches</div><div style="font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; font-family: Arial, Verdana; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; font-family: Arial, Verdana; line-height: normal; ">dont you think that is too much for him to prove his talent and for his money as well</div><div style="font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; font-family: Arial, Verdana; line-height: normal; ">and add to it some tournaments lik ek nayanar or any other ...</div><div style="font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; font-family: Arial, Verdana; line-height: normal; ">that will make some good sum for his employer</div><font face="Arial, Verdana" style="font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; ">

</font><br><div style="font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; font-family: Arial, Verdana; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; font-family: Arial, Verdana; line-height: normal; ">How many state teams play in 2nd div or all india tournaments???? they cover at max 10 states, maybe less</div><font face="Arial, Verdana" style="font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; ">

</font><br><div style="font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; font-family: Arial, Verdana; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; font-family: Arial, Verdana; line-height: normal; ">i dong know why you cut this point</div><div style="font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; font-family: Arial, Verdana; line-height: normal; ">
    </div><div style="font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; font-family: Arial, Verdana; line-height: normal; "><span style="font-family: Geneva, 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">in that case if we have a u-23 trophy in the place of santosh trophy we will at least have a tournament which shall provide the clubs some young talents which could help increase of pool of players
    </span></div><div style="font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; font-family: Arial, Verdana; line-height: normal; "><span style="font-family: Geneva, 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><br></span></div><div><span style="text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><font face="Geneva, 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif" size="2"><span style="line-height: 18px;">in this point i am stating the reason why i want this trophy to be stopped for now...as we can get better young prospect from having a u-23 tournament than having a senior tournament for amateurs </span></font></span></div><div style="font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; text-align: left; "><font face="Geneva, 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif"><span style="line-height: 18px;"><br></span></font></div><div style="font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; text-align: left; "><font face="Geneva, 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif"><span style="line-height: 18px;">at least we will get best talents at younger age who could be further trained to future stars</span></font></div>
  • rudra wrote:
    arsenalfan wrote:
    reddevil87 wrote:
    rudra wrote:

<br><div><br></div><div>How can they get sponsors for this tournament for amateurs while they cant get sponsors for there professional league.</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>Because for this u can target local sponsors depending on the host state and the amount is much less than what u need for a league. J&K showed that just 4 years ago....In states like J&K or Manipur no one comes to watch I league stars (coz there are hardly stars in i league that common ppl know about)....If Manipur/Nagaland can get a crowd for amateurish local league they can get it here too...Sponsors are easy to find for a local tournament..maynot full sponsorship but some part....</div><div><br></div><div>after Kashmir they did get that much crowd as the locations were - assam, chennai, kolkata and now orisssa</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>Again you are using a tournament that was 4 years ago. I-League clubs were there. Also sponsors are not as easy to get as you think. This is just a game to you, for AIFF it should be business, sadly that is football.</div><div><br></div><div>Also how much money has the NPL gained from sponsorship alone. Also with that sponsorship comes the question of how much goes back to the Nagaland Football Association. They have other expenses to take care of such as renting the stadium etc which the AIFF also have to deal with. There is a deeper meaning to all this which can be used as reasons to put this tournament on hiatus.</div>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    edited May 2012
    arsenalfan wrote:
    rudra wrote:
    arsenalfan wrote:
    reddevil87 wrote:
    rudra wrote:

<br><div><br></div><div>Again you are using a tournament that was 4 years ago. I-League clubs were there. Also sponsors are not as easy to get as you think. This is just a game to you, for AIFF it should be business, sadly that is football.</div><div><br></div><div>Also how much money has the NPL gained from sponsorship alone. Also with that sponsorship comes the question of how much goes back to the Nagaland Football Association. They have other expenses to take care of such as renting the stadium etc which the AIFF also have to deal with. There is a deeper meaning to all this which can be used as reasons to put this tournament on hiatus.</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>4 yrs ago is not so far and I have given my reasons why that was not repeated in next 4 yrs,,,, I guess I am too simple minded to appreciate deeper meanings</div>