Indian Football Transfer News 2015-16, Rumours, Gossips, Signings

Comments

• footydipfootydip Ranaghat, Nadia, West Bengal2722 Points
    no man I am not talking about isl or I league rejects, I am talking about mediocre players who are not well payed in current situation. I admit j league 2 is beyond them. It was a typo. I wanted to mean j league 3
    no man I am not talking about isl or I league rejects, I am talking about mediocre players who are not well payed in current situation. I admit j league 2 is beyond them. It was a typo. I wanted to mean j league 3
  • atuljgatuljg Trivandrum3983 Points
    edited November 2015
    In migration, the only countries we Indians think of are USA, Canada, europe, Australia, Singapore and the Gulf. So can we expect footballers to think differently?
  • Yes teams plying for AFC competition is not a suitable destination whereas lower level teams in the countries such as Maldives is a good option. Even Sri Lanka is a good option. They have to take a pay cut but will have a whole year league and a stable pay. They can also try 3rd division of SA. Mind it I am talking about players who are fringe players in I-league.

1-2 years back we had a Goan player at a age of 34+ playing in 2nd or 3rd division club of one of the West Indies league. Dont remember his name. So think about players who are in age bracket of 24-30 years. 

footydip
  • deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    Roy Barretto had played some football in USA eons ago correct?

But I agree with Atul, as Indians, we would prefer a regional league in australia/canada/usa (with migration possibility) rather than national league in SEA/SAFF.
    edited November 2015
    that time was different, as some of them were really over paid, and they thought they are good enough not to try a lower ranked asian league also they thought those leagues are not attractive financially. now the situation is vastly different. as @domnic said some of them even getting 80% less than what they have earned previously, moreover there is an uncertainty in current indian football structure. there is a high chance they may get jobless for certain months of the years. all these uncertainty, less payment will force them to think about other option where payment is moderate, stable, and they can actually make cut. necessity is mother of finding new avenues.
    reddevil87Domnic
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Fredy Mascarenhas is who you are thinking about. He played in Bermuda for a bit for Robin Hood. I have actually been to Bermudian first division games, nothing to write home about at all. I don't expect any Indian players to leave the continent... well, at least the fringe guys.

V. League players in Japan? Ya, what have they done? There was that Indonesian guy who was raised in the Netherlands, was a regular in Thailand and Indonesia and is now just a squad player for a mid-table team in Japan's 2nd Division. Romeo would not play.
    Soham_De
  • DomnicDomnic 2309 Points
    Freddy was working in Bermuda. He played part time and just for the passion of football. He did not go there to play football.
    arunDeb_Ban
  • Thanks for the name - Freddy Mascarenhas. Thanks for additional info @Domnic. But if he can make it to the team part time at that age think about players who are ready to play full time. Yes the major roadblock is the mentality of Indian players and reluctance to try abroad. But some job will be better than nothing. It is an option.
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    If you are part time that means you are not even professional. Are you suggesting they try Bermuda and the semi-pro life? That is basically what they are doing now. These players, aged 20-30, need professional football where they can make a living wage off just playing football. Chances are limited in the I-League and unless you can prove it in I-League, you ain't getting in ISL. The state leagues have never been fully-pro and there are teams in places like Goa, Calcutta etc where players surely don't just play football as a full-time job.

The Sri Lankan league started in July and ends in November. Maldives started in April to July, took a break and is now September to November. These are not long leagues at all. Indians in Pakistan will never happen. The Afghan Premier League is as much a farce as the ISL... worse actually. Bangladesh went from April to August, 4 months! And that is not even taking into account that the chance of Indian players getting payed proper cash would be slim.
    Deb_Ban
This discussion has been closed.