FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 & AFC Asian Cup 2023 Qualification

Comments

• munna219777munna219777 28505 Points

If Qatar is topper, they technically have qualified for 3rd Round and AFC Asian Cup. But they will not progress further as next round is solely for world cup Qualification which they have already achieved.

Other team (5th best Runner Up) who will take place of Qatar will progress further and participate in WC Qualiers. this 5th best runner up also qualifies for AFC Asian Cup.

China is the host and automatic qualifier of AFC Asian Cup whether they win or lose in this round. They are playing solely for the purpose of World Cup qualification.

AFC and their shenanigans ;) . It will become further complicated if any team withdraw or association get banned. Then all groups will need to forego points/goals scored against last finishing team in the group.
    goalkeeparindian_gooner
  • sunnysunny 207 Points
    I hope that bill of dual passport will pass and we will bring 5-7 strong Players. I think than we can easly beat all of the teams.
    [Deleted User]Deb_Banashindiagoalkeeparmunna219777EastBengalPridegiridharanspartaAbhishekdebarghya89and 2 others.
  • giridharangiridharan Washington D.C3613 Points
    Anybody knows how good is Venkatesh tactically ? I feel we need a better assistant coach for this assignment. Like draft Derrick or someone will be a better upgrade!! We need to have better support staff. 

Venkatesh has to prove himself in U-23 or other assignments.
    Carbon_14[Deleted User]ashindiaAbhishek
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    The job of Assistant Coach is not only about Tactics. Assistant Coach is eyes and ears of Head coach for timely management of training sessions, equipments, drills, practice, identifying streagth, weaknesses, helping foreign staff in local language / customs/ domestic calendar, diet ,planning and all.
    Advance travel is required by assistant coach before every foreign or doemstic tour.
    You can see venkatesh jogging with NT players during training drills. You cant expect Derrick to do that-he will need an assistant for himself. Derrick himself needed Venkatesh when he had a small stint earlier.

Either Venkatesh or somebody with similar age group and National Team experience plus confidante of AIFF is needed.
    giridharangaffertapeashindiashibieratuljgAbhishek
  • Advance travel is required by assistant coach before every foreign or doemstic tour.

can you elaborate this more @munna219777
  • giridharangiridharan Washington D.C3613 Points
    Yep Def not being harsh on Venkatesh or something. I just figured an assistant coach with same vision will help coach plan his sessions better.

Planning training sessions, for defence minded coaches are different for possesion play coaches. So I figured Derrick will sync with Stimac's style. Ofcourse with Venkatesh being in support staff. 

I feel Derrick's evaluation of upcoming younger players will be better and drills could be planned better for our style of football. I am not sure how much Venkatesh has an influence on that!
    munna219777thebeautifulgameAbhishek
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29238 Points
    I though travel was maintained by team manager
  • samsam 16428 Points
    Mumbai, Kolkata among shortlist to host India's first World Cup qualifier on September 5. Ahmedabad also in the fray, although AIFF thinks the cost of hosting a game is "too expensive." Bangalore ruled out due to the court case. 
    [Deleted User]munna219777Abhishek
  • DEFENCE123DEFENCE123 India657 Points