Daily dose of east bengal

Comments

• EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9301 Points
    Rip Alip babu. We will  come back as champions soon, we know you will truely be in peace then! 
    thebeautifulgamedeepakc
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India30177 Points
    According to the Bengali daily Ei Samay, Morgan is demanding more money from East Bengal which is resulting in some delay in his signing the contract, though the officials have dismissed this as a non-issue. When Kalyan Majumdar was contacted, he said, 'This is an internal matter of the club. What is it to you? Why are you losing sleep over it? Or is your organ not ringing because of Morgan? You will see what happens.' When will somebody tell this guy that being the secretary of a club like east Bengal, it does not behove him to speak like that? He has been warned time and again for shooting his mouth off but he does not seem to learn his lesson. 
    He has been warned? By whom? He is the top boss of the club, no one can warn or raise voice against him. Lot of people are jumping the gun here, TJM isn't our coach yet. Honestly, I don't even want him back. 
    footydip
  • footydipfootydip Ranaghat, Nadia, West Bengal2722 Points
    I personally don't like Morgan. Don't know why people go crazy for him. We need to get rid of this Morgan and company ( his puppets ) also alvito. 
    ArsenalFan700
    People go crazy because he is a good orator, won 2 Fed Cups and honestly did build a good side which should have won the I-League. But that was in the past and his recent performance is pathetic. If he can bring in fresh faces then there is a good chance EB will turn around but I doubt in his ability to do so effectively. His love for oldies like Penn Mehtab disgusts me!
    footydip
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 10065 Points
    Majumdar did rhyme 'organ' with Morgan ... he is a good secy ...
    Soccerlover
    @EastBengalPride: He has been reprimanded several times in the past by former players for his behaviour. He was taken to task even in the recent past by ex-players like Manoranjan Bhattacharya and others for saying that all the footballers should be kicked out because of their bad performance. A few days after East Bengal had won the ASEAN Cup in 2003, he had ruffled the feathers of many by terming footballers as 'labourers'. a number of players of that group, including Debjit Ghosh, had protested against this, saying that footballers were not 'labourers' but 'artists'.
    I agree with your assessment of Morgan...he did build a good side during his earlier tenure but his recent performance has been very poor.
    footydip
    Some comments by former players doesn't matter. Fact is Mr.Mazumder is the boss and he will get away with whatever he says. His comments about players should be kicked out was spot on after the end of 2015-16 season. 

EB will do well to get Gionee onboard as an associate sponsor, we desperately need some game changer foreigners. And players like John Johnson, Sony Norde, etc won't come cheap. 
    I agree that his comments were correct but then by the same logic he himself (and other officials) should also be kicked out because of poor recruitment and poor management last season...I seriously don't think that even if we get Gionee on board, we can get Sony Norde and John Johnson...with Morgan at the helm, we will continue to have the likes of Penn Orji and maybe some English/Aussie players like Lee Tuck.
    Deb_Ban
  • SoccerloverSoccerlover 3434 Points
    How can any brand associate with a club/body/association/Team if its secy has the audacity to go to press with his fucking comments of "players should be kicked out...."

But, yea knowing EB and its history/people associated with the club,its nothing unusual though....
    AKBsanvedjadhav