Daily dose of east bengal

Comments

• Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9972 Points
    HL&Co deserves a big 'thank you' note from the hilsa brigade. In fact, this news bit should find its place prominently inside the club tent, (and eventually in a club museum at some future date), if not there already.
  • samsam 16445 Points

The commitment Mehtab is showing at the age of 33 for the Red and Gold Brigade might put many junior players to shame! Before the start of the season he has vowed, if he fails to bring the National League home, he will leave the club. The dedication for the silverware is very much visible. 

Talking about his commitment, yesterday, a situation came when Taurus has dribbled and accelerated past most of the defenders, and ahead of him only Angus was standing. But Mehtab with a never-say-die attitude came chasing, from the other side of the field, made a neat tackle, and Taurus was down within seconds, just outside the D-box. By the time Taurus realised, Mehtab has already started a counter attack towards the opposition goal! This is dedication, this is Mehtab Hossain.

His corners are more sharpened and pin pointed now. In this CFL, already 4 goals has been scored from his corner. Derby is coming, expectations are high! Since the name is Mehtab Hossain, our expectations will be skyrocketed. Hope the "Badshah of Derby" delivers once again that day, and seals his name in our hearts!

# SAINIK

Nagendramunna219777
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    That website is amazing!
  • samsam 16445 Points
    Morgan to go back to Australia after George match. Will return in December. Club to play in bordoloi trophy after cfl. Probably a new coach in i league
    Deb_Ban
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9301 Points
    Morgan is probably being sacked within a week. Anyways club doesn't think he can handle I-League. 
    Deb_Banmunna219777
  • samsam 16445 Points

I will be back in East Bengal after the ISL season: Trevor Morgan

Trevor Morgan to return to EastBengal after ISL Xtra Time
    Trevor Morgan to return to EastBengal after ISL. 

The recent controversy regarding East Bengal boss Trevor James Morgan’s decision to go back home before the proposed Kolkata Derby on 7th September, has already created a huge buzz among the supporters and football enthusiasts. The “reported” quotes by the former footballers and club officials too, made a strong impact in spreading the grief among the fans. Reports claimed that Trevor is heading back to Australia and is “claimed’ to be in doubt by a few to come back before the Hero I-League 2017.

Hence, xtratime.in felt the necessity to know the exact truth from none other than Trevor Morgan, who is found to be in complete disgust with the way a few news media have circulated the entire story. Here goes the brief conversation we had with the Red and Gold Head coach.

Question: There has been a huge buzz about your original contract with East Bengal. What is the exact contract you had with East Bengal?

Morgan: Well, I have a contract in two phases with the club. The first one is till the 31st August and the second one is after the Indian Super League season, for the I-League. That is the truth.

Question: So, you are claiming that you have a second phase of contract with the club after the ISL..

Morgan: Yes.I have.

Question: The officials and a few former footballers are criticizing your professionalism. What’s your take on that?

Morgan: I would have stayed for the derby, irrespective of the contract unless it was not a health issue. I have to go back to consult with my doctor. That is the reason. One needs to understand that.

Question: Reports in the media are claiming that you might not get a call for the I-League. What do you want to say about it?

Morgan: Yes I heard it. All they are writing is absolute garbage! Nonsense. Whatever I told you, is the exact case in this issue.

munna219777
  • samsam 16445 Points
    So, the club didn't even give the contact till the end of the cfl. Interesting
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9301 Points
    EB wants to play Bordoloi under Dryden. That would be an interesting squad though. Should be good exposure for the likes of Nikhil Koushik Abhishek Jiten Deepak Prohlad etc 
    deepakc
  • SoccerloverSoccerlover 3434 Points
    With the veteran team that they have build, even Morgan knows the outcome! Hence he fled! 

Btw how much cut money Morgan wud have taken both from Dryden and Babu Bhattacharya to have him!  ;)

• samsam 16445 Points
    Ranjan Chowdhury to coach EB in Bordoloi
    deepakcmunna219777footydipSoccerlover