India vs Zambia Live Discussion

Comments

• RonnyRonny 10460 Points
    <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.fazfootball.com/news/article/111109/Renard_names_24_for_India_tour"; onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.fazfootball.com/news/article ... India_tour</a><!-- m -->

Herve Renard © Action Images
    Renard names 24 for India tour
    09 Nov 2011 01:30:22

Chipolopolo trainer Herve Renard has named a 24-man squad to undertake a tour of India from where the Zambia Development Team will play two international matches against the Indian National Team.
    The international training tour of India will run from November 23 to 29th. The training tour and matches will accord players a chance to contend for a place in the squad that is to be named for the final preparatory camp of the 2012 Nations Cup finals. Renard is expected to unveil his provisional Nations Cup team on return from India.

Said the Fox, as the French born Chipolopolo trainer is fondly called; “Every time spent with the players is very important. So the games in India will give us some valuable quality time together and for many players to get their fitness levels higher and compete for a place in the squad for the Africa Cup.

We have two games to play and I will take 20 players so that we have a good chance of seeing many of them.”

The squad has three U20 players who will be flown straight to Gaborone for the Cosafa Youth Championship at the end of the games in India.

Also in the team is St. Eloi Lupopo left back Osward Kalamba, Jonas Sakuwaha, Hichani Himonde, Thomas Nyireanda, Nyambe Mulenga and teh trio of goalkeepers Jacob Banda, Joshua Titima and Kalililo Kakonje.

Communications Manager Erick Mwanza said the two games “have an added significance because not only will we have access to some fine training facilities, we will take the matches seriously because they have been filed with FIFA and will therefore count towards our Coca-Cola FIFA rankings”.

“The team will set the camp on the 20th of November and leave for India on the 23rd. We play the first game on the 23rd and the final match on the 28th,” Mwanza said.

The full squad: Jacob Banda, Kalililo Kakonje, Joshua Titima, Jimmy Chisenga, Daudi Musekwa, Nyambe Mulenga, Hichani Himonde, Dennis Banda, Osward Kalamba, Lawrence Chungu, Stephen Kabamba, Bruce Musakanya, Jonas Sakuwaha, Thomas Nyirenda, Nathan Sinkala, Joseph Sitali, Emmanuel Chimpinde, Kennedy Mudenda, Felix Katongo, Rodrick Kabwe, Evans Kangwa, Luka Lungu, Alfred Luputa, Ronald Kampamba
    Communications Manager Erick Mwanza said the two games “have an added significance because not only will we have access to some fine training facilities, we will take the matches seriously because they have been filed with FIFA and will therefore count towards our Coca-Cola FIFA rankings”.

“The team will set the camp on the 20th of November and leave for India on the 23rd. We play the first game on the 23rd and the final match on the 28th,” Mwanza said.

Are the playing against goa on 23rd??
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    two FIFA sanctioned friendly matches against India
    Does that mean we are playing 2 and not just one. Also it conforms that the matches are FIFA approved
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    two FIFA sanctioned friendly matches against India
    Does that mean we are playing 2 and not just one. Also it conforms that the matches are FIFA approved
    i guess the 1st match they are talking about is the one against goa xi
  • A bit silly to count this match as a FIFA "A" match when Zambia are not bringing their A team. Their A team will be preparing for January's African Nations Cup finals. Of the 24 players who will travel to India, only 4 are in the squad for the friendly match against Nigeria on 15th November. It's clearly not their proper national team.

The matches are not on 23rd and 28th, but 26th (v Goa) and 29th (v India). And obviously, the Zambian guy dioesn't know what he is talking about if he thinks the Goa XI match can count towards FIFA rankings. Only India v Zambia will count (it shouldn't, but it will because it's on FIFA's site). I'll e-mail FIFA to get the venue changed though. They seem to think GOA is a town. It should be Margao for the venue.
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    i dont think it matters how many regulars are there,all they need to accept it as official
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    A bit silly to count this match as a FIFA "A" match when Zambia are not bringing their A team. Their A team will be preparing for January's African Nations Cup finals. Of the 24 players who will travel to India, only 4 are in the squad for the friendly match against Nigeria on 15th November. It's clearly not their proper national team.

The matches are not on 23rd and 28th, but 26th (v Goa) and 29th (v India). And obviously, the Zambian guy dioesn't know what he is talking about if he thinks the Goa XI match can count towards FIFA rankings. Only India v Zambia will count (it shouldn't, but it will because it's on FIFA's site). I'll e-mail FIFA to get the venue changed though. They seem to think GOA is a town. It should be Margao for the venue.

You are correct. People forget to do their research before reporting these days.
    Btw, when you said
    I'll e-mail FIFA to get the venue changed though.
    , I thought for a fraction of a second that u must be very influential person and FIFA will change the venue on your email!
  • Unfortunately, I'm not so influential :-) But FIFA knows who I am - and they sometimes listen to me - so you never know :-)
  • i dont think it matters how many regulars are there,all they need to accept it as official

It doesn't matter with the current regulations - but it SHOULD matter. India's matches at the AFC Challenge Cup when they used their U-20 team DID NOT count as A matches (and rightly so). These matches affect the FIFA ranking - which is for "A" national teams. It unfairly affects the ranking if teams play against non-A teams. India should get a better result against Zambia's B team than they would against their A team, and if they win the match - the FIFA rankings points they get for this match are not deserved - as in reality, they won't have beaten Zambia's national team (which should be the best team available for Zambia at that time - clearly not the case). African teams play regularly with local-based players only (they have a separate African Championship for these players) - but these matches are not counted by FIFA as "A" matches. Also, for the same reason, friendly matches by A teams against U-23 (Olympic) teams, 'B' teams, club teams are not counted.
    <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.zambianfootball.net/2011/11/20/trialists-go-into-camp-for-india-tour/"; onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.zambianfootball.net/2011/11/ ... ndia-tour/</a><!-- m -->