India vs Zambia Live Discussion

Comments

• Baljit is in horrible form right now. He is missing numerous sitters. Sushil is a good choice anyway, and he has good enough international experience too

Ya but Baljit grabs assists which is the thing I like about him. He is also a midfielder so we know he is doing his job which is creating goals. Same thing with Sanju Pradhan who gets assists and goals to.

By the way what happened to Saikat Saha Roy. He captains the East Bengal Youth Team. Scores the winning penalty in the Super Cup yet gets no I-League minutes.
  • Dont know why the coach has not called up the likes of varin mehtha and ankit sharma who are plying their trades abroad.Surely they must be good enough wont they?.We should now start looking at some of our players who are abroad also(eventhough there aren't many right now)!
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    varin mehta! give me a break! are you mesmerized by the fact that he is in Antwerp FC? And Ankit Sharma? Why? I agree he is a decent footballer. but for god's sake he plays in 6th division Spanish side. U remember how we thrashed 3-4th division teams during Bob era?
  • imsouravimsourav kolkata659 Points
    Baljit is in horrible form right now. He is missing numerous sitters. Sushil is a good choice anyway, and he has good enough international experience too

Ya but Baljit grabs assists which is the thing I like about him. He is also a midfielder so we know he is doing his job which is creating goals. Same thing with Sanju Pradhan who gets assists and goals to.

By the way what happened to Saikat Saha Roy. He captains the East Bengal Youth Team. Scores the winning penalty in the Super Cup yet gets no I-League minutes.
    see our right back naoba is doing a fantastic job right now. So, why should he be benched? Saikat is leading eb in kolkata league anyway and a regular starter there. He is also certain in our u19 team. He's young and will improve gradually with time and hopefully one day he will be a regular in our senior team too. BTW len is the player to watch out for in near future. Trevor morgan rates this youngstar very high
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    looks like game is live on ddsports
    <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://the-aiff.com/pages/news/index.php?N_Id=2849"; onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://the-aiff.com/pages/news/index.php?N_Id=2849</a><!-- m -->
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    India 9-0 zambia. this is the scoreline that top the predictions in goal.com india....what can i say about this these prediction is reminding of nepal fans who dream of winning saff cup by thrashing maldives and india....
  • India 9-0 zambia. this is the scoreline that top the predictions in goal.com india....what can i say about this these prediction is reminding of nepal fans who dream of winning saff cup by thrashing maldives and india....

To be honest, and I am sorry if this offends anyone but some of those people who comment on goal.com have no idea about football. I bet those people that went for 9-0 India thought Zambia was a shittier team than India. Its like when we had the Caribbean tour and people on goal.com kept saying that this would be an easy trip and that India would kill the opposition. Heck some of them complained about playing "easy teams" even though all of the teams we faced in the Caribbean were many FIFA spots ahead of us. T&T were 80 while we were 150 for gods sake!
  • tejiteji 142 Points
    So Medeira is aware of Sushil's current situation in india football but he still called him for NT?
    Anthony Pereira as a striker would be interesting .. atleast he's scoring goals in I league

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/football/top-stories/India-to-miss-key-men-against-Zambia-in-soccer-friendly/articleshow/10911013.cms"; onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/spor ... 911013.cms</a><!-- m -->

The "others", as Medeira pointed out, are Joaquim Abranches, Baljit Singh and Sushil Singh, all of whom are neither first-choice strikers for their own teams in the I-League, or as in the case of Sushil, not even in India's premier league.

Medeira is expected to start with Baljit and Sushil, and with only Abranches to fall back on. Should either of them fail to fire, there is talk within the team that Dempo midfielder Anthony Pereira could be asked to revert to his original striking role. "Anthony is certainly an option," admitted the India coach.
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    Striking department is a real trouble today. I just hope we manage to win balls in the midfeild and not allow them a lot of possession
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    the only possible positive result likely to be attained woulld be a draw...but would shall hope for better performance from our team if we get the home support in goa.....
    my prediction would be 1-1 draw....