Suggestions for Indian Football

Comments

• <div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><span style="font-size: small; ">I </span><span style="font-size: small; ">recommend</span><span style="font-size: small; "> actually looking around the forum and the different topics before saying that we dont care.</span></div>
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Also in terms of what we do. Well I am main editor of the Indian football wikipedia pages. I saw that people were using wikipedia a lot so I thought I edit and make it better for people and it has been great because it keeps me updated along with other people. Also many newspapers I see use wikipedia as well so I would call that a contribution in terms of media for Indian football.</font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">As for Rudra, he provides me the pictures for wikipedia and he provides extra news almost weeks before actually announced. Like player transfers etc. He knows well in advanced. As for the pictures on wiki, they are great. They are even better than the pictures I see on goal.com etc which are horribly un-updated. Even the pictures he lets me use of wiki are on newspapers. When Jeje Lalpekhlua was going for trial at Rangers FC, Rangers had the news on there website and the picture they used of Jeje was the one that Rudra took and put on wikipedia. Again that is a contribution.</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Also the other users on here are extremely helpful to Indian football. @Archak has his own website. @Somesh is a writer on here and provides amazing analysis. @Shankar runs the Live Indian Football Facebook page (The best Indian football facebook page ever) And everyone else has there own thing as well. Again you are wrong that we dont care. </font></div>
  • AdminAdmin 240 Points
    @arsenalkid700 - No need to explain all this. I think the statement "
    <span style="font-family: Geneva, 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">Indian Football Network isn't a place for Indian football" defines everything :)</span><div><span style="font-family: Geneva, 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><br></span></div><div><span style="font-family: Geneva, 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">Let's forget, as he claims that was his last post.</span></div>
  • Admin wrote: »
    @arsenalkid700 - No need to explain all this. I think the statement "
    <span style="font-family: Geneva, 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">Indian Football Network isn't a place for Indian football" defines everything :)</span><div><span style="font-family: Geneva, 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><br></span></div><div><span style="font-family: Geneva, 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">Let's forget, as he claims that was his last post.</span></div>

<br><div><br></div><div>Sorry mate, needed to let it out :D</div>
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">So lets get this thread back on track...</font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; font-weight: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; "><b>South American and European youngsters to I-League.</b></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; "><b><br></b></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">I think we need to realize that our foreigners are not that great and honestly after reading that Nigerian forum talk about Ranti Martins in the way they did just got me thinking. Those Nigerians called Martins shit, a nobody and while I disagree, he is kinda a "nobody" when it comes to the big boys at the Nigerian national football team. Martins is 25 and the best player in the I-League right now but he is not marketable. You cant make a comercial or ad for I-League and use the Nigerian Martins. He may be good but would the Indian audience know him or even acknowledge him. We need better, specially in nationality when it comes to our foreign spots. We have 4, we should use them wisely.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Right now what I think we should do is look at our current foreigners. Odafe is currently 27. Martins is 25. Hernandez is 30. Bilal is 30. Tolgay is 26. Moga is 29. Kanu is 28. Henry is 32. They are old, in or out of prime. And unmarketable. </font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">We need to go young and better when it comes to foreigners. Dont get me wrong. The experience of the current foreigners is great. Hernandez has been huge but we also should aim at the same time for young youth. We should go for youth players in South America and Europe. There are young English players, Portugese players, Brazilian players and even Argentinean players. They are young and would be willing to come to I-League. YES it is true that we would be a feeder league by taking them and maybe selling them abroad but we lift the profile of the league. Marketable youngsters from countries people can relate to. If this can happen than I am sure we can do well marketably. Look at the J.League and K-League. They have great foreigners, many of which are Brazilian and Columbian. They market the league around them and there best Korean players. Imagine an ad for I-League on TEN Action with Jeje Lalpekhlua and 2 young Brazilians. People would be interested. So what is your opinion?</font></div>
  • silicon3silicon3 351 Points
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">So lets get this thread back on track...</font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; font-weight: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; "><b>South American and European youngsters to I-League.</b></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; "><b><br></b></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">I think we need to realize that our foreigners are not that great and honestly after reading that Nigerian forum talk about Ranti Martins in the way they did just got me thinking. Those Nigerians called Martins shit, a nobody and while I disagree, he is kinda a "nobody" when it comes to the big boys at the Nigerian national football team. Martins is 25 and the best player in the I-League right now but he is not marketable. You cant make a comercial or ad for I-League and use the Nigerian Martins. He may be good but would the Indian audience know him or even acknowledge him. We need better, specially in nationality when it comes to our foreign spots. We have 4, we should use them wisely.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Right now what I think we should do is look at our current foreigners. Odafe is currently 27. Martins is 25. Hernandez is 30. Bilal is 30. Tolgay is 26. Moga is 29. Kanu is 28. Henry is 32. They are old, in or out of prime. And unmarketable. </font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">We need to go young and better when it comes to foreigners. Dont get me wrong. The experience of the current foreigners is great. Hernandez has been huge but we also should aim at the same time for young youth. We should go for youth players in South America and Europe. There are young English players, Portugese players, Brazilian players and even Argentinean players. They are young and would be willing to come to I-League. YES it is true that we would be a feeder league by taking them and maybe selling them abroad but we lift the profile of the league. Marketable youngsters from countries people can relate to. If this can happen than I am sure we can do well marketably. Look at the J.League and K-League. They have great foreigners, many of which are Brazilian and Columbian. They market the league around them and there best Korean players. Imagine an ad for I-League on TEN Action with Jeje Lalpekhlua and 2 young Brazilians. People would be interested. So what is your opinion?</font></div>

<br><br>Will these south American youngsters come to india , where d leagues standards are low..that aside what will they think when they see d sate of our grounds our stadiums our dressing rooms... In that manner i am sure when Japan started  their marketing bitz  all these were in place and they just need good players to come in..<br><br>don t yo think even if the south americans come here, the ones that might land up may not be up to the mark?.<br><br>
  • When I talk about Brazilians I dont mean the Serie A players. We cant do it but maybe 2nd or 3rd division young Brazilians. They would come, the conditions of stadiums in Brazil and Argentina are about the same as they are in India (with the exception of the big boys in the top divisions, in which case there stadiums are way better). <div><br></div><div>As for up to the mark, they maybe or maybe not, what matters is that they would come in with that Brazilian football mindset, they would also be young and probably marketable. Also sense they are young they would have time to adjust. </div>
  • indian_goonerindian_gooner 3506 Points
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">So lets get this thread back on track...</font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; font-weight: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; "><b>South American and European youngsters to I-League.</b></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; "><b><br></b></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">I think we need to realize that our foreigners are not that great and honestly after reading that Nigerian forum talk about Ranti Martins in the way they did just got me thinking. Those Nigerians called Martins shit, a nobody and while I disagree, he is kinda a "nobody" when it comes to the big boys at the Nigerian national football team. Martins is 25 and the best player in the I-League right now but he is not marketable. You cant make a comercial or ad for I-League and use the Nigerian Martins. He may be good but would the Indian audience know him or even acknowledge him. We need better, specially in nationality when it comes to our foreign spots. We have 4, we should use them wisely.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Right now what I think we should do is look at our current foreigners. Odafe is currently 27. Martins is 25. Hernandez is 30. Bilal is 30. Tolgay is 26. Moga is 29. Kanu is 28. <span class="Apple-style-span" style="background-color: rgb(255, 0, 0);">Henry</span> is 32. They are old, in or out of prime. And unmarketable. </font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">We need to go young and better when it comes to foreigners. Dont get me wrong. The experience of the current foreigners is great. Hernandez has been huge but we also should aim at the same time for young youth. We should go for youth players in South America and Europe. There are young English players, Portugese players, Brazilian players and even Argentinean players. They are young and would be willing to come to I-League. YES it is true that we would be a feeder league by taking them and maybe selling them abroad but we lift the profile of the league. Marketable youngsters from countries people can relate to. If this can happen than I am sure we can do well marketably. Look at the J.League and K-League. They have great foreigners, many of which are Brazilian and Columbian. They market the league around them and there best Korean players. Imagine an ad for I-League on TEN Action with Jeje Lalpekhlua and 2 young Brazilians. People would be interested. So what is your opinion?</font></div>

<br><div><br></div><div>hey @arsenalkid, why henry isn't marketable???</div>
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Henry Antchouet???</font><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">We could but I see him more as a player who can give experience to our players. We could say that this player was a regular starter for teams in the Portugese Second and Third Tier but that is how far I would go.<br></font></div>
  • <b style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; ">Suggestion: Mandate that I-League clubs must form a "B" team (Like FC Barcelona B or Bayern Munich B) and play them in there respective state league.</b><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; "><b><br></b></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; ">I think we can all agree that one problem in India is our youth league. The I-League U20 is a 1-2 month long "league" (more like tournament) which will get teams 4-10 games a year. Most teams after this give up. I know there are a few teams however that play on. Teams in Goa play there respective youth leagues and sometimes in GPL. Pune FC dont even play <b>at all</b> in there state league and have already adopted the "B" team in "Pune A" (Pune F.C. Academy). So far it has worked wonders as now they are I-League U20 champs and almost Pune Senior Division champs. </div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; ">This has already seen 3 Pune FC Academy players promoted to the first-team in only 1 year. That is amazing but would be better if it happened at all clubs. The I-League U20, I feel, wont change for a while. It shall always remain the 1-2 month tournament for maybe a few years longer. Till then why not play them in the state league. Now clubs wont do that automatically. They need to be forced to in my opinion. So I propose we make a mandate which forces all 14 I-League clubs to only play "B" teams in state tournaments. </div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; ">B teams are better than U21 teams because on the "B" team, your players can be any age but most likely youth. You can also play older players as well but at a limit.</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">EXAMPLES: I would like to compare Spain, England and Germany. In England, if Arsenal say that a player is to good for the Reserves but not good enough for the first-team, we loan them out but that then takes them out of the set-up and the player comes good but could be better. We have seen that in England's youth performance. Then look at Spain and Germany. Look at Barcelona. There "B" team is only in the 2nd Division. So if they think a player is to good for the youth set-up but not FCB material they let him play in the "B" team and look at the wonder. This works and the teams gets to keep monitoring progress as the player grows.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">So what do you all think?</font></div>