Suggestions for Indian Football

Comments

• JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points

ALL INDIA FUBLIC SECTOR FOOTBALL - DELHI :

ONGC AND SBT(State Bank of Travancore) WILL FACE IN THE FINAL on November 8. Kick - off is at 2. 30 pm

http://kolkatafootballs.com/indiafootball_news_2012/nov8thpart_2012.html#public_sector_football_delhi-6

• silicon3silicon3 351 Points
    edited November 2012

> Joyptan said:
    > Scorpion King Higuita may visit Kolkata next week
    >
    >
    > http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/136/india/2012/11/05/3503116/scorpion-king-higuita-may-visit-kolkata-next-week?source=breakingnews

i dont see how does higuita , maradona figo visiting indian improve our football.. all of them will say the same thing, potential talent infrastructure bhal bha.... there will be a half page article on and then all is over...

the ppl who invite these celebraties should put in the money in grass roots indina football

• JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points

A football coaching camp was held in Srinagar recently to encourage budding players of the Kashmir Valley with adequate training and exposure for the game to take them out of the costant truma of violence,continuous shutdowns,prolonged imposition of curfew and fear of militants.

http://truthdive.com/2012/11/08/Srinagar-hosts-football-coaching-camp-for-budding-players-of-Kashmir-Valley.html

• I hope one day we will see leagues in other NE states also like Nagaland, Manipur, Meghalaya, Arunachal, Tripura. I hope some Mizoram club qualify next time so that we will see I-league action in Aizawl.

• Nagaland already have a league... the Nagaland Premier League which is almost the same as the Mizo League.

• Btw there is a reason I changed the thread name... make a new one for discussions.

• preetampreetam 870 Points

it would be fine if I-League follow MLS style( which include american and canadian club both) or A-League(includes australian and newzeland club)
    so if I-league include one of nepal or maldives club then it will bring crowd.....(or simply bring ali asfaq in i-league then  i-league will be watched by maldives fans also....)just like we follow sporting lisbon B for sunil chhetri....

• Okay. Lets restart this thread with suggestions for the 2013-14 I-League. What would you, as the I-League fan or football fan in general, want to see in the 2013-14 I-League?

I am asking this after reading the article on how European football influences the Indian football scene and it is a very good read.

For me I would suggest the following:

1) New foreigner rules which include a marquee player. This season we had the 4 foreigners. 3 normal + 1 Asian (or more Asians if you want) but now we should include the marquee rule. After Prayag United signed Carlos Hernandez and Churchill Brothers signed Bilal Narjjian it became obvious that I-League clubs could be able to sign at least one marquee worthy signing. So make it a rule and encourage the I-League clubs to offer deals for former A-League or J. League standouts. Guys like Thomas Broich and Keiji Tamada used to be major players in the A-League and J. League respectively but now at ages over 30 they are not used as much. So why not India. They will improve the quality of the league and will improve the image of the league as well. Tamada is a former Japanese international while Broich is a former Bundesliga regular.

2) Better production. Ten Action + is doing shit. It is not just about the quality on the pitch. It is also the quality on the television. Now I am not calling for IPL or HIL type coverage. I know we are far away from that but lets get something better. An on screen scoreboard that allows us to properly see how many minutes we are into the game. Proper naming graphics so we know that the player is "Carlos Hernandez" and not "C Hernandez". Also get a 2nd commentator. Let it be Chima Okore or Novy. Both of them may not be the best at being the main commentator but they would be great support. Their knowledge of Indian football would be beneficial for I-League.

3) Focus on marketing the younger Indian players and high-profile foreigners. Would it be great to see an I-League promo featuring Alwyn George, CK Vineeth, and Carlos Hernandez. Seeing a combination of the up and coming player, the featured player, and the big foreigner all promoting the I-League in a 30-second clip. It is possible, so why not. Select who is the best up and coming player, pair him with the most high-profile player (Hernandez may not be in the I-League next season), and a featured I-League player and get a small promo. And try featuring it during European games. Promote the I-League during the European games. That is the best time to do it. People will be watching and sure it will get a negative response at first but it will gain more attention as time moves on.

4) Stadiums. Have the stadiums set beforehand. The Fatorda Stadium will be ready in November so have all the Goan teams play at the Fatorda. If Cooperage is ready have Mumbai play there. Pune in Balewadi. Shillong Lajong in Shillong. Kolkata clubs in Salt Lake or Kalyani. And whoever in wherever. Just have the stadiums ready. Don't settle for worse. And don't put us in a position in which we struggle to know where we will play now because a stadium is not functional.

That is just 4 points. I have more but this is just for next season.
  • @arsenalkid...
    1. to improve the quality players shud be of little bit famous like harry kewell,shunsuke nakamura...the players we intended for that ipl style football lg...pires...why not old ronaldo?