Your own football life

Comments

• ashindia wrote:
    Name :- Ashwin
    City/State/Country: Hyderabad/Andhra Pradesh/India
    Position: Center Back,Right Back,Defensive Midfielder,Forward(Not fully established but I score a lot goals if played in this position)

Your current team:None,Only Summer Camps

Past Teams :- Bhavan JHS(Hyd) Captain in both U-14 and U-17,Hyderabad District U-17(2007),A.P U-17(2007),Loyal Jr College Team(2008-2009),Rangareddy U-19(2009),A.P U-19 probables(2009).

Learned football during my schools days in hostel but never got the support,facilities or even coaching which could have taken me to greater heights but still I'm happy with what I achieved at school and my Inter days.Now that I have very less chance of making something out of playing career I wish I could contribute something via Academics.

Hey mate that is a very interesting career you got there. Captain of your school team. Player for your state team. College teams.

Shame that Hyderabad football is in a dark age otherwise you would have been a monster in I-League.

I wish you luck in your academics.
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    arsenalfan wrote:
    ashindia wrote:
    Position: Center Back,Right Back,Defensive Midfielder,Forward(Not fully established but I score a lot goals if played in this position)

Past Teams :- Bhavan JHS(Hyd) Captain in both U-14 and U-17,Hyderabad District U-17(2007),A.P U-17(2007),Loyal Jr College Team(2008-2009),Rangareddy U-19(2009),A.P U-19 probables(2009).

Learned football during my schools days in hostel but never got the support,facilities or even coaching which could have taken me to greater heights but still I'm happy with what I achieved at school and my Inter days.Now that I have very less chance of making something out of playing career I wish I could contribute something via Academics.

Hey mate that is a very interesting career you got there. Captain of your school team. Player for your state team. College teams.

Shame that Hyderabad football is in a dark age otherwise you would have been a monster in I-League.

Yeah unfortunately but hope the future generations don't face this problem in Hyderabad.
  • ashindia wrote:
    arsenalfan wrote:
    ashindia wrote:

Yeah unfortunately but hope the future generations don't face this problem in Hyderabad.

True. Hyderabad is still a hot spot. Could give it the same moto as Indian Football that it is a sleeping giant.
  • MidlajjMidlajj 134 Points
    edited March 2012
    Name - Midlaj

Age - 22

City/State - Kannur/Kerala

Position - Center Back/DM

Current team - None

Last played for - Ever Green (in 2010-11 Senior Division District league)

Past Teams - Gymkhana Kannur(2009) , Hunters Club. And also played for my college team(College of Commerce )

Highlight of my fooball career was getting selected for Viva Kerala trials back in 2010, but thanks to my poor fitness,got out of there.

Couple of Injuries done very bad to my career.Havent got a chance to play for a professional club this season. Got a job to look forward.so nowadays playing for my local team in local tournaments.nothing professional.
    Good thread Rohan, a nice one.
    Its intresting that all of you are too young And talks very matured! Shame I'm older than most of you, :)
  • sabirsabir 46 Points
    edited March 2012
    Last time played a match in college, around 8 years ago aginst another department (though sometimes play with local kids now). Last significant thing I rember doing was earning a penulty for the team by dragging a defender up on me :D inside box (The referee thought the poor defender was guilty) Represented school team before that. poor eyesight was a great hindrance and naturally family was not very supportive because of that. Now 30 but dont forget to check the happenings in Indian football. Ashamed to mention the position because I still remember the Gme teacher shouting at me from sideline ," Idiot ! Which position are you playing?"
  • @Midlajj and @sabir nice careers. Ya we are younger but you guys have been alive longer and thus know more than us. Anyway Sabir nice story. Are there leagues for amateur adults in India. Like just normal adults aged in there 30s looking for a pick-up game once a week.
  • Yeah, I can never forget my footballing days back when i was a school kid:P. It So happened that i was selected on the school team even tho I was twice as heavy as the nearest kid. I was told by the coach that a defender always protects the goal and NEVER MOVES from his position. He never really implemented any tactics for Fifth Graders:P. So there I was playing my first match watched by my proud(Not really proud after the game) parents. I was at my position...A leftbacks position, and true to my coachs word, I never moved an Inch from that place. Just kicked the ball upfront when it came to me(very rare). I grew a perimeter with the ground dust around me. It was like.. this is my place, i can only venture here, If i go out, It could be foul or something. So i stayed at my position the whole match and deservedly we lost to some infinite goals. But the opposition coach did say I was the best.
  • Also, I see we do have a lot of Talents on here at the forum. Good Luck to all of you mates!!!