Your own football life

Comments

• BTW as for me playing for the US National Team. No. Maybe if I am lucky. I am 15 years old (16 next month) so who knows but I doubt it.

But I did play the US National U14 team in a scrimmage before when they were preparing for a match against Mexico and Guatemala. I only had around 30 minutes (out of 80). I came of the bench. We lost the game 4-1. I had a few chances, one I remember really swerved and almost went in but keeper had it. This was when I just started at Red Bulls at the U14 level.
  • spartasparta Jamshedpur FC2074 Points
    I was a Volleyball player at school and college level, even could have played for Delhi Under-16 but academics came in our way back then :(
    In our boarding school in class 8th , there used to be Football and cricket matches every weekends between houses.
    We were the champions of inter house cricket and Volleyball but our Football team sucked as it had only two players who used to play well one winger and other striker,
    and I used to play in the midfield so that I could get chances to score a goal. We had defenders who were volleyball players so they were tall and well built but had no knowledge of football,so only instruction that was given to them was don't leave your place and when the ball comes towards you, hit it hard .
    Our Cricket team was quite strong so we used to win cricket matches against our main rival house and their football team was quite strong so they used to thrash us next day in football. We used to loose by huge margins like 3-0,4-0,5-0.6-1.6-2,5-2 (In these matches , I missed around 10-15 super easy scoring chances :P ) until one day it rained heavily and it was almost level playing field for both the teams and that day we were playing quite well and the scoreline was 3-3(I luckily scored 2 goals in that match,just final touches :P) before Principal came and interrupted the match.

But somehow in the next match , our star striker scored within 30 seconds of the start and that day we defended quite well and both our winger and striker played superbly and the final score was 6-1 (I scored 2 goals , one from the header from a corner kick and other one from a long ranger from around 30 yards, even now I don't know how I scored these two goals,as they were quite nice :P )
    After that match, we never played a football match against them and whenever they used to come to us for playing a match we used to say " abe last match mein 6-1 se haraya hai fir bhi humse takkar lene aa gya " :P
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    edited March 2012
    And yeah talking about other sports I was also in Volleyball and Cricket School Team.I was also good at athletics like 100M,200M,500M,1000M,2000M,Javelin Throw,Long Jump all thanks to my P.T Sir who was retired military personnel who trained us like real fighter bulls.

Our school was not completely residential,only 100 students used to reside in campus hostel but still Hostlers manage to dominate sports in school and the day-scholars used to be like "oh shit he's a hostler,how am I gonna beat him"

Today I don't get to do all these but I still manage to keep myself fit and strong at Gym.
  • In terms of other sports I do golf as well. Used to do Basketball but did that for 5 years. Tried Baseball one year... I failed.
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    not much of sports careers,played basketball with friends for few times a year,used to play ping pong.in school got aprize for kabbadi game even tough i was on bench :P
  • usaindia wrote:
    not much of sports careers,played basketball with friends for few times a year,used to play ping pong.in school got aprize for kabbadi game even tough i was on bench :P

seems basketball is a really popular sport at grassroots.
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    I was in the volleyball and cricket team in school. Here in TIFR too I play volleyball in the weekends. I was a cricket fanatic as a kid. Have even captained my team sometimes in junior classes. Now I am just bored of it.
    Played football for fun. I played well when the regular guys were absent but my form goes down when they arrive. So mostly played a second fiddle to the regulars.
  • somesh wrote:
    I was in the volleyball and cricket team in school. Here in TIFR too I play volleyball in the weekends. I was a cricket fanatic as a kid. Have even captained my team sometimes in junior classes. Now I am just bored of it.
    Played football for fun. I played well when the regular guys were absent but my form goes down when they arrive. So mostly played a second fiddle to the regulars.

You were quite the sports kid. That is what, 3 sports I saw! I am guessing you are very athletic, even now.
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    Now as a research student, I mostly live a sedentary lifestyle except for the weekends as I said. Btw, I forgot to mention TT.
    At night nowadays we play Carrom over sandwich and coke. So you can understand how non-athletic I have become
  • somesh wrote:
    Now as a research student, I mostly live a sedentary lifestyle except for the weekends as I said. Btw, I forgot to mention TT.
    At night nowadays we play Carrom over sandwich and coke. So you can understand how non-athletic I have become

still you must be fit.