Your own football life

Comments

• shankarshankar 2600 Points
    edited March 2012
    this monday my career as football manager started and ended on wednesday with my final year friends as my players in our sports week ...it was a real fun when we lost 3-0, 6-1 in first 2 matches then had to do some scouting work for my team among juniors ant some players who gave us 2 draws and a win to end up 5th of top 6 teams who qualified after all qualifiers :P
  • kshitij USFCkshitij USFC 250 Points
    edited March 2012
    Name:kshitij singh negi
    team-Gobind vallabh pant
    FC(it's d name of d ground on which we
    play.our home ground)
    position :-im like NABI or JHON SHEA of my team.i hv tried my self @ evry corner
    of field.i can play nywere across mid or
    def or as a GK.im best wen i play as CM or
    DMF.

i used 2 play football since i was in class
    5th bt i realized how serious im about
    football aftr my 10th boards xams.
    then i played regularly fr 3-4 months n
    this were i decided to becum a pro.
    footballer as i got to play regularly 4 my above mentioned club in diff. local
    tournaments.me n one of my 4nd(also
    was a promising 4wrd n only noticeable
    Ftbal playr) were quite popular in my
    school n in locality :p
    my dreams of becuming a pro. ftballer was nt welcomed by my family
    members.actually i was so so gud in
    studies that my parents,grandfather e.t.c
    wanted to see me as engg.eer or as a
    army officer. so this way i dropped the
    idea of becuming a ftballer :(

below r my attributes

idolize-PAUL SCHOLES1822.
    i idolize him on n off d field.i like 2 play
    long passes,score long rangers n tackle
    like him.
    im shy in nature,like 2 keep quiet most of
    times. other players 4m whom i take inspiration
    -G.neville n JHON o'shea n NAbi.

my STRENGTH-stamina,although im right
    footed bt i can play equally well with
    both legs(4/5 left),hardwrk,attacking
    instincts,tackles.
    ima fearless tackler.just like striker is
    desperate 2 score goals im desperate 2 tackle my opponent.i like 2 score long
    rangers.

MY WEAKNESS-no special skills or
    dribbling abilities,aweful finishing due 2
    poor 1st touch inside d box,wen my
    tackles intented 2 hurt opponents
    deliberately

nywayz i still play n i do hv plans 4 my
    son
    :)
  • shankar wrote:
    this monday my career as football manager started and ended on wednesday with my final year friends as my players in our sports week ...it was a real fun when we lost 3-0, 6-1 in first 2 matches then had to do some scouting work for my team among juniors ant some players who gave us 2 draws and a win to end up 5th of top 6 teams who qualified after all qualifiers :P

Dont worry, now you know how Hodgson felt when he took over Liverpool
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    arsenalfan wrote:
    shankar wrote:

i actually was sad with our teams result because last year we finished 3rd with same team...but still was more fun this year than last time..may be they missed me(as gk) and one of my friend(he was the best last time) as we preferred to try our luck in basketball
  • shankar wrote:
    arsenalfan wrote:
    shankar wrote:

i actually was sad with our teams result because last year we finished 3rd with same team...but still was more fun this year than last time..may be they missed me(as gk) and one of my friend(he was the best last time) as we preferred to try our luck in basketball

Eh, happens to the best of teams. I remember how my Red Bulls here went from 2nd to 14th in one season. Good times.
  • So, let me revive this thread.

Today I had my first practice of the season with the U18 development squad. It was mainly fitness though with a 15 minute game outside in 25 degree weather (fahrenheit). During the game our team was split up into 4 teams of 8. We have 32 guys. Around 15 returning from last season. 15 were promoted from the U16s. While the rest are here for try-outs (trials).

My game ended 0-0 with me playing striker. I was shit. I counted 8 chances and none were converted. I hit only 3 on-target. We had penalties in which the first team to be ahead after a set wins and we only had 4 kicks in which I scored the only penalty. So... a consolation.

Still, it was Day 1 back. Season does not begin till March for me. Plenty of time.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points

@Arsenalkid700 still better than Sushil Singh :P

• > rudra said:
    > @Arsenalkid700 still better than Sushil Singh :P

To be honest... that makes me feel worse.
  • JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points

Name - Joy Das

Age - 24

Team - My local team Rana Boy's Club

Position - DM

At first i wanted to become a crickter as most indian boys do and i was very good at that. I used to be a mediun fast bowler. At the age of 14 i had a big shoulder injury and that ended my cricketing life. At the age of 16 i joing a local football coaching camp. At first the coach tryed me as a winger because of my pace but i didn't had the stamina to run down the flanks for hole of a match. Then he tryed me as a stricker,i failed miserably. Then as a stopper back. Because of my hight(6'3") & strenth But my passing was way better than of a tipical stopper. Eventualy he played me as midfielder(DM/AM). Where i was best and liked most to play. High point of my footballing life is play in a same team with Asim Biswas former EB,MB & current Mohamedan player. Being selected in the N 24 Parganas team for a state level tournament was another high. But again at the age of 22 i had a back injury which ended my footballing life also.

Idolize - Michael Essien and Gourango Dutta.

Strengths - Speed , Hight , Strength & Passing(long/short)

Weaknesses - Lack of stamina & Injury pron.

• kanna11kanna11 0 Points

Name: Aditya
    State/Country: Toronto, Canada
    Position: Attacking midfielder, can also play up front or on the wings
    Your current team: Dixie Provincial U-21. 

Current Season: The season is about to start at the beginning of May

Last year was supposed to be a big year for me, and then I ended up tearing my hamstring in the first preseaon game I played. Took me eight months to recover, but I'm back now. I graduate university next month, and I plan on visiting India and trying my luck at professional football there. My dream is to represent India at national level, and playing for the Gooners one day wouldn't be bad either. 

And Rohan, any more news on the U18s? I really hope you've made it, it is amazing that you're playing for the Red Bulls!