Your own football life

Comments

• sabirsabir 46 Points
    LOL Jintu...Your Game Teacher was better than we had. In one match he was missing during half time. Someone said he had gone to see a land with a dalaal. A group D staff 'Paresh da 'who used to keep the kits was waiting for us only. We lost that day 0-4 and Paresh da after witnessing the whole match asked "Who won the match?"

Being a government school, age limit was strictly followed in our school. But that was not the case for others. Most of the school (still today) field overaged boys (generally ex-students) to get the grants. Our boys used to get very scared seeing the 'uncles' in opponent teams. In one such match the referee came late. Seeing a chance we demanded that we wont play scheduled 70 minutes but only 10 + 10 minutes (actually that means less goals against us) so that we dont get delayed for home. Eventually, after consultation with the opponent captain it was 20+20 minutes match and we lost by 0-4 again.
  • Good comedy guys. Reminds me of when I was playing school ball for my middle school (Age 10-13) (I was 10) and we lost 4-0 in the first round of the play-offs mainly because the assistant coach (our real coach was sick) would not implement tactics. He just said go out there and play what you want. He even said play like Manchester United and play like Ronaldo and ONLY play like Ronaldo.

I was confused to say the least.
  • Lol. arsenalfan, I am presuming your team dint want to defend and just attack like ronaldo leaving the poor goalie to fend for himself. haha.
  • Lol. arsenalfan, I am presuming your team dint want to defend and just attack like ronaldo leaving the poor goalie to fend for himself. haha.

Oh ya. That is why I left school soccer when I went to high-school (Age 14-18). I went straight to normal club soccer and eventually Academy with Red Bulls.

School soccer here is shit and corrupt. Most of the players dont even like the sport. They only play because there parents force them to because the parents know in Soccer you can easily get a scholarship.

Also I remember during my last school team trial that there was a kid who was really good but got cut while some other kid who cant even hit a ball right and had a 13 minute mile made the team! In the end there was evidence that showed that the parents had payed the coach off. That is the sad part of school team soccer in America. College Soccer is still good but at my age level (u16) you want to be a club or Academy player.
  • @ Sabir......Your coach went to see a dalaaal in the middle of the game?????????? ROFl:)
    My coach would go a step further, would turn up drunk during training and matchdays. We never complained, a good chap he was.:)
  • Good for you mate. Read your profile, your in your playing years. What chances of you making the National Team One day? Are you working hard enough? Do you think you can better the current set of players in the Team.
  • Talking of School am sure I was selected because of my size. The coach must have thought that my huge frame will scare the opponents away, needless to say it never worked, more like the other way around. I know I couldnt defend shit, was saving myself the embarasment of letting pass anything and everything that came by me. Sometimes I would just stand and wave at my mother at the stands, she would inturn ask me to get on with the game, by waving back at me. I would take that for "Bas beta, ab chalo ghar..Not your bas ki baat, lets go have Icecreams' and I would walk away. Still I was a fifth grader, i just cannot disobey my mom you see. Completely justifiable actions
  • sabirsabir 46 Points
    It will be nice if oneday Arsenalfan don the blue shirt.....

@ arsenalfan...I (and all other frustrated ex-players) will invent most hideous training method to suggest you :P
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    Talking of School am sure I was selected because of my size. The coach must have thought that my huge frame will scare the opponents away, needless to say it never worked, more like the other way around. I know I couldnt defend shit, was saving myself the embarasment of letting pass anything and everything that came by me. Sometimes I would just stand and wave at my mother at the stands, she would inturn ask me to get on with the game, by waving back at me. I would take that for "Bas beta, ab chalo ghar..Not your bas ki baat, lets go have Icecreams' and I would walk away. Still I was a fifth grader, i just cannot disobey my mom you see. Completely justifiable actions

Haha..hilarious! Thats some 'heavy' football!
  • I probably will never done a blue jersey. Nor a white jersey (USA and England).

Right now at the New York Red Bulls they only take about 3 Academy players a year. The rest go on the Reserves. And so far in the New York Red Bull's entire 16 year history only 7 Academy products made the first-team and only 1 is actually doing well (Juan Agudelo). As for me I think if I do (somehow) become pro it would be through the College system. From there if I am good enough I will be offered a generation adidas contract which would allow me to get drafted into MLS at the age of 18-19 or I can go the normal, easier way and wait till I am 22 to start a pro career.

But again I doubt any of that will happen. I plan to stay in the Red Bulls Academy system for one more season and then in 2013 I will join my School team as it would be my last year in my school before heading to college where I will most likely attend a school that is Division 3... no one becomes pro at a D3 college but Academics come first in my family.

If the miracle does happen and I become good enough I would accept staying at Red Bulls and go through the u16 team (which I am currently on), join the u18 then join the u23 team and Reserves (u23 and Reserves are the same team) and then from there the seniors.

I actually already have it planned out by year.

2012: U16
    2013: U18
    2014: U18
    2015: U18
    2016: U23
    2017: U23 + First Team
    2018: U23 + First Team
    2019: First Team regular

By 2019 I will be 23 years old. So technically going by my plan I should make my debut at 20 years old. (Keeping in mind that the MLS season begins in early March [pre-season in January] and my birthday in April 7th)