Club Relocation

Comments

• > jitinjoseph said:
    > Prayag shud come to kozhikode, arrows to malappuram...mallus shud c quality futbol....not the cuk type last yr

I dont Prayag would like the idea of moving that far from there base. Siliguri is a good area and has a great stadium but to many EB and MB fans which might block Prayag from a good fan base. 

Honestly if Kerala does not get a team from within I would love to see maybe Pune FC or Mumbai move there. They dont get much in there current cities and Mumbai cant compete with Dodsal.
  • Pune FC or Mumbai FC moving to Kerala doesn't make any sense at all...rather it would be better if some non-city based sides relocate to Kerala... Dodsal FC could easily make up a massive fan base in Kerala if they had relocated their base to Kerala!! They already have the big guns of Kerala like Mohammed Rafi and N.P. Pradeep, along with M. Silvestre!! They can easily have double or triple times the fan base in Kerala that they can have in Mumbai...we also have a 60k capacity stadium in the heart of the city... We have one of the most amazing climates here, making it a pleasant stay for players of any race, and also is considered as a top tourist spot in India... what else do you need for making a rich club run in profits??

• Not kochi, coz of cricketing reasons but dodsal shud go to kozhikode.

• > Varun Kochi said:
    > Pune FC or Mumbai FC moving to Kerala doesn't make any sense at all...rather it would be better if some non-city based sides relocate to Kerala... Dodsal FC could easily make up a massive fan base in Kerala if they had relocated their base to Kerala!! They already have the big guns of Kerala like Mohammed Rafi and N.P. Pradeep, along with M. Silvestre!! They can easily have double or triple times the fan base in Kerala that they can have in Mumbai...we also have a 60k capacity stadium in the heart of the city... We have one of the most amazing climates here, making it a pleasant stay for players of any race, and also is considered as a top tourist spot in India... what else do you need for making a rich club run in profits??

I agree that for Dodsal that it might make more sense to move there but lets be serious. Dodsal have Mumbai tied down and I doubt they see Mumbai FC as any competition. Nor do they fear ONGC and Air India. 
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points

> Arsenalkid700 said:
    > > Varun Kochi said:
    > > Pune FC or Mumbai FC moving to Kerala doesn't make any sense at all...rather it would be better if some non-city based sides relocate to Kerala... Dodsal FC could easily make up a massive fan base in Kerala if they had relocated their base to Kerala!! They already have the big guns of Kerala like Mohammed Rafi and N.P. Pradeep, along with M. Silvestre!! They can easily have double or triple times the fan base in Kerala that they can have in Mumbai...we also have a 60k capacity stadium in the heart of the city... We have one of the most amazing climates here, making it a pleasant stay for players of any race, and also is considered as a top tourist spot in India... what else do you need for making a rich club run in profits??
    >
    >

I agree that for Dodsal that it might make more sense to move there but lets be serious. Dodsal have Mumbai tied down and I doubt they see Mumbai FC as any competition. Nor do they fear ONGC and Air India. 

True , my club is not even doing 1% to be taken seriously by a future AFC champions league team :((
  • jees_josejees_jose 210 Points

I think one reason why pune is not getting many fans is because of the
    lack of local stars. How many players from Maharashtra play in the first
    eleven of Pune? For me, I would not have gone and watched all matched
    of Chirag united kerala. in Trivandrum if there were no players like
    Vineeth,asif,usman ashik and ajayan who all are keralaites. I wanted to
    see my local players playing and wanted to cheer them. I would never
    have gone if there was not a single kerala player no matter what the
    standard of the game is. Similarly pune should bring players lie George
    Alwyn and Sandesh Gadkari to give it a more local team sort of
    appearance. Agree?

Applicable to Mumbai FC as well

• If you look at the Mumbai FC squad they are almost 25% pure Mumbai players. Jayesh Rane and Manuel Dsouza being the prime players on the team. Pune FC I think is more due to lack of local interest. No one supports the smaller team (compared to Man U and Barca) it seems in Pune. Pune is a regular top 5 team and still can't get the crowd despite efforts.

I don't know but if it takes any longer to get a regular crowd of say 5,000-7,500 A GAME then Pune might as well move. 

Mumbai FC hardly played in Mumbai and the players are not well known. Players like steven dias and Alwyn george are known and that will at least bring some  interest in local people. See NE people follow pune because of jeje. So people in Pune must have a reason to follow their team, right? I think if they find two start players from Maharashtra, the crowd can certainly go up. 

• Well again, considering that both teams have great youth programs... Pune arguably having the best in India (behind the usual, I know) so it should not be long.

Yes, hope fully in 2 to 3 years we can see a 10000 turning up in Pune and Mumbai regularly.