2012 IFA Shield

Comments

• AdminAdmin 240 Points
    Bhawanipore 3-0 lajong FC in IFA Shield match today
    Mumbai FC 1-1 Aryan
    Surprising?
  • I really dont understand the point of organizing Shield like this. Teams are not bothered, organizers are even less bothered, fans are not bothered. They are just wasting this historical tournament with shoddy showmanship.
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    fat-ass IFA officials were dazzled by the never-to-happen Premier League Soccer and forgot about everything. History, leagacy, heritage all spun around and thrown away. There was huge uncertainty over this tournament this year. And IFA was just thinking of somehow packing it off quickly to concentrate on PLS.
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    the results so far has made me really think about the squad sent by all league teams to the tournament ...are they playing with their main team are trying out their back up players for coming season???yesterday pune fc, then today both slfc and mumbai fc all set to pack their bag it seems
  • sabirsabir 46 Points
    The IFA should have done one thing- spreading the tournament outside Kolkata. At least we wont have to see empty galleries if the matches are held in Kalyani, Barasat or Haldia. And grounds are better than East Bengal ground. Hope players wont get snake bite while picking up ball from sideline in East Bengal ground.
  • sabirsabir 46 Points
    @ I think Lajong players were regular. They just played too bad. As I told earlier Bhawanipur looked stronger than I anticipated other day. The big clubs who are thinking of paying 2 cr-3cr to Ronti Martin or Odafe can go for Isiani - the mid-fielder of Bhawanipur. Cost will be less than 1/10th for him.
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    @ I think Lajong players were regular. They just played too bad. As I told earlier Bhawanipur looked stronger than I anticipated other day. The big clubs who are thinking of paying 2 cr-3cr to Ronti Martin or Odafe can go for Isiani - the mid-fielder of Bhawanipur. Cost will be less than 1/10th for him.
    is isiani indian??

• The IFA should have done one thing- spreading the tournament outside Kolkata. At least we wont have to see empty galleries if the matches are held in Kalyani, Barasat or Haldia. And grounds are better than East Bengal ground. Hope players wont get snake bite while picking up ball from sideline in East Bengal ground.
    Totally agree. This is the only way they will attract more fans to the ground.

• sabirsabir 46 Points
    Isiani is nigerian I think actually from Police AC borrowed by Bhawanipur.
  • The I-League players might be taking it easy. Doubt any of them are playing though.

I mean do we really think Bhawanipore and Pune FC are at the same skill level.