2012 IFA Shield

Comments

• sabirsabir 46 Points
    @ Arsenalfan...these small clubs from Kolkata have many players who had plyed in big teams earlear. Bhawanipur has Doglous D'Silva, Sagram Mandi (played in MB) and some others.
  • @ Arsenalfan...these small clubs from Kolkata have many players who had plyed in big teams earlear. Bhawanipur has Doglous D'Silva, Sagram Mandi (played in MB) and some others.
    Still. It should have been Pune FC 2-1, not 1-1. Bhawanipore is good but they are not that good. This is Pune FC we are talking about and Bhawanipore failed to make the Final Round 2nd Division.
  • sabirsabir 46 Points
    But Bhawanipur is not in Pune FC's group. It is Southern Samiti you are confusing. Bhawanipur defeated Shillong Lajong FC 3-0.
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    @ Arsenalfan...these small clubs from Kolkata have many players who had plyed in big teams earlear. Bhawanipur has Doglous D'Silva, Sagram Mandi (played in MB) and some others.
    Still. It should have been Pune FC 2-1, not 1-1. Bhawanipore is good but they are not that good. This is Pune FC we are talking about and Bhawanipore failed to make the Final Round 2nd Division.
    pune fc was held 1-1 by arrows and not by bhawanipore
  • sabirsabir 46 Points
    Oh sorry..it's Mumbai FC who made 1-1 with Southern Samiti
  • Oops, messed up. This is what happens when you dont follow the cup :). Either way, Southern Samity, Bhawanipore... Same thing. Mumbai FC should have won today to 2-1.
  • sabirsabir 46 Points
    People may think IFA shield is losing its status because top teams are not playing or the participants are not fielding their best team but you cant deny this has given an opportunity to many young players who otherwise would have struggled to get attention.
  • @sabir No I will never deny that. That is what I want and I am happy that is happening. Great exposure!

That is what these cups should be used for.
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    absolutely such tournaments should be held and all top teams should try their bench strength as well as it will eventually get them more depth to the squad and also some constructive competition among players for each spot benefiting clubs and then eventually to national team
  • @Shankar exactly

I think the clubs and federation should just focus on the senior I-League and not worry about the U19 league. It is useless. Instead save money by playing the youngsters in cups like the IFA Shield.