2012 IFA Shield

Comments

• sabirsabir 46 Points
    @Asenalfan Young players need more matches to showcase themselves, 2-3 matches in Shield will not do. I suggest U16 national league too. There is no better way of recruiting kids than from a long scheduled league. Just spotting 1-2 matches will not do. More than two decades ago TFA spotters did not recruit Baichung Bhutia because they couldn't judge him properly because to small time.
  • @Asenalfan Young players need more matches to showcase themselves, 2-3 matches in Shield will not do. I suggest U16 national league too. There is no better way of recruiting kids than from a long scheduled league. Just spotting 1-2 matches will not do. More than two decades ago TFA spotters did not recruit Baichung Bhutia because they couldn't judge him properly because to small time.
    You misread me. :) Basically we have so many useless competitions. Senior I-League players should only play in I-League, Federation Cup and International AFC Cups.

The youngsters should play in the State League, IFA Shield, Durand Cup etc. We need to lessen the number of games by seniors and up the number of games for youngsters.
  • sabirsabir 46 Points
    Some tournaments can be made U23 only. Only professional players will be allowed in I-league and Fed cup with a cap of 35-40 matches. Santosh Trophy should be made u 21 tournament.
  • Some tournaments can be made U23 only. Only professional players will be allowed in I-league and Fed cup with a cap of 35-40 matches. Santosh Trophy should be made u 21 tournament.
    Agreed. Who would want to see 29 year olds play in the Santosh Trophy? It should be player under-21, so we can scout players better.
  • sabirsabir 46 Points
    Yes. Especially it will help young players from states like Orissa, MP, Jharkhand, Jammu-Kashmir and many . Because there is no prominent clubs.
  • Yes. Especially it will help young players from states like Orissa, MP, Jharkhand, Jammu-Kashmir and many . Because there is no prominent clubs.
    True. The BC Roy Trophy is helping at u19 level but now what about the kids that dont get scouted during that tournament. Where would they play. The u21 Santosh Trophy would help them get scouted.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    edited March 2012
    Just a bit off-topic but I can't help saying this.
    I saw Fakebook groups on Indian football where kids were saying that Pailan has improved after Sukhi left! Can you beat that!? This is where the difference is between fakebook fans and people on this forum.
    Just look at the team selection now.

Goalkeeper - Naveen - ex JCT and has been great for Arrows, so no debates there

Central Defense - Deepak Devrani and Prathamesh - last yrs Arrows squad, this year Sukhi used one of them, neglecting Deepak most of the time and using one of the ex-JCT defenders. Point to be noted Deepak made a good impression under bulpin last yr and partnered Raju most of the time

Fullbacks - Lalzorama Fanai and Abhinava Bag - Fanai was in last yrs Arrows and played most games this season. Bag is new and also played most games so no changes there.

Midfield - Tirthankar (last yr arrows got injured, one of the talented one's - totally ignored under Sukhi), Milan (plays most games, last yrs arrows), Bikramjit Singh (plays a lot, last yr arrows), Preetam Kotal (from india u19)

Forwards - George Alwyn (TFA, sukhi never had him), Holicharan narzary (India u19, also played in last yr arrows, sukhi ignored him a lot)

The point is clear, after sukhi most ex-JCT guys are replaced. Most players are from last arrows squad or u19 squad. This is what i have been stressing for a while about team selection. Players like Ajay Singh, Sabeeth, Gurtej Singh keep on getting games after games under Sukhi without delivering, but Sukhi is not willing to change much. Now people like Deepak, Tirthankar, Narzary are getting chances. And thanks to Bann, we got TFA cadets like Alwyn and few others who deserve to get chances.

Its only two games after sukhi left 0-2 against dempo (full strength and Arrows were 10 men) and 1-1 against PFC (PFC squad was near full strength). So, one can't expect much changes in game style but atleast the team selection is encouraging.
  • True, Sukki should have looked to TFA and SESA Goa more often. Those players are way better than any youth player on an I-League team.
  • sabirsabir 46 Points
    Pryaga United has defeated Mumbai FC 3-2. Mumbai team is out of tournament. Malswakima (Hope I am writing proper spelling) scored a top class goal for Mumbai FC taking a volly from the top of box when the ball came ballooning at his weist height.
  • Arsenalkid700Arsenalkid700 7 Points
    edited March 2012
    <blockquote rel="sabir">Pryaga United has defeated Mumbai FC 3-2. Mumbai team is out of tournament. Malswakima (Hope I am writing proper spelling) scored a top class goal for Mumbai FC taking a volly from the top of box when the ball came ballooning at his weist height.</blockquote>

Good for both clubs. Chhangte Malswamkima has scored his first goal of his career (based off the info I got when making his wikipedia article) He is only 20 and can only get better for Mumbai.

Now onto the reason its good for both clubs.

Prayag United: This is good for there confidence. Being at 7th place they could use this win as momentum for the remainder of the tournament and I-League.

Mumbai FC: The future is bright. Yes, this was Mumbai FC's Best 11 but this squad is full of youngsters (Chhangte being one of them) and maybe only losing 3-2 will show Khalid that he should work on defense over the summer.