Economics of I league

Comments

• rudrarudra 2958 Points
    Guys can you post approx transfer budget of each I League team?
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    edited April 2012
    <b> Salary Cap revisited. <b>

I will bring in the discussion here. Right now, on Nabab Bhattacharya's wall very interesting conversations going on where big sports journalists, coaches and team managers are commenting.

Here are some important comments (one can check his wall too) -

Nabab Bhattacharya says : Thank god that the Finance Minister does not have to look after the inflation in football player's payment ... It's more than 300% now...

He also adds : One player who has got 1.5 lakhs last season, asking for 20 lakhs this season... God save me....
    A true story...

When asked whether the players are talented enough to ask for that, he replies (most important comment i think) : " quality does not matter as the pool of players are too short.. We need to think of producing players unless it gets too late..."

Some comments :
    "do we blame the players? the pay masters should determine how much a player is worth and pay accordingl" (Strangely from MB team manager!!!)

Many calls for salary cap
  • April 20th cant come faster.
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    good that kolkatta club officials are now seriously giving a thought about salary fees now..
  • shankar wrote:
    good that kolkatta club officials are now seriously giving a thought about salary fees now..

notice this comes out just after UB Group said they may cut spending on Kolkkata clubs
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    arsenalfan wrote:
    shankar wrote:

notice this comes out just after UB Group said they may cut spending on Kolkkata clubs

What a coincidence :D
  • shankar wrote:
    arsenalfan wrote:
    shankar wrote:

What a coincidence :D

It is. UB Group and clubs could not give a crap about salary caps and all that becuase they knew they had the most money and they wanted to win. Why lose that advantage. Then UB Group said that they are small on money so now they want the salary cap becuase they know they cant pay those high wages the players want. And it deserves them right. MB and EB as much as I love them and think they have the best support in India did an asshole thing in inflating the football salaries in India. You cant do that, we are not financially stable yet.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    arsenalfan wrote:
    shankar wrote:

Typical comment..exactly the kind which tells me to keep away from the posts, watch football and relax... the conversation started by Prayag United official who are NOT sponsored by UB group... and the MB guy who joined is just the team manager, who have no role in player selection or payment... he is not even Indian, been with MB for a yr now.....

• rudra wrote:
    arsenalfan wrote:
    shankar wrote:

Typical comment..exactly the kind which tells me to keep away from the posts, watch football and relax... the conversation started by Prayag United official who are NOT sponsored by UB group... and the MB guy who joined is just the team manager, who have no role in player selection or payment... he is not even Indian, been with MB for a yr now.....

calm down there mate. Its not the typical comment... its fact. Even Prayag was spending like crazy supposedly with Ranty Martins and what not. And its almost natural that maybe MB and EB now want the cap because of shit happening at UB Group and that we may have got some accidental insider into that. Thats all.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    MB, EB's budget not really going down as predicted, infact they probably will have a higher budget. Apart from UB both teams have some more sponsors which chip in a few crores more