Economics of I league

Comments

• Clubs hav 2 build a strng base fans n they hav 2 built a gd stadium wit da help of sum sponsor n attract fans whch is the ned of the hour!they hav 2 find ways 2 earn money by selling t shirts etc
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">LETS BEGIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">http://www.freewebs.com/blackmodelsusa/ModelsGroup12Models.jpg</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">(I said I would)</font></div>
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    Clubs hav 2 build a strng base fans n they hav 2 built a gd stadium wit da help of sum sponsor n attract fans whch is the ned of the hour!they hav 2 find ways 2 earn money by selling t shirts etc

<br><div><br></div><div>CLubs do not need to build stadiums !! Stadium building is such an expensive exercise, that even clubs like Liverpool and Tottenham have had to shelve their plans to do it.</div><div><br></div><div>With real estate prices in Indian cities on par with the top cities in the world, this isn't feasible for football clubs.</div><div>The land alone would cost most clubs in the region of 50-100 crores depending on which city we are talking about, the ROI from football alone isn't going to make financial sense.</div><div><br></div><div>T-Shirt sales (merchandise) will help , but clubs need to do more fan activation exercises like coaching camps etc. MLS players are contracted to do a certain number of hours of coaching camps & clinics.</div><div>PIFA Colaba are the only club actively doing this.</div><div><br></div>
  • gaffertape wrote:
    Clubs hav 2 build a strng base fans n they hav 2 built a gd stadium wit da help of sum sponsor n attract fans whch is the ned of the hour!they hav 2 find ways 2 earn money by selling t shirts etc

<br><div><br></div><div>CLubs do not need to build stadiums !! Stadium building is such an expensive exercise, that even clubs like Liverpool and Tottenham have had to shelve their plans to do it.</div><div><br></div><div>With real estate prices in Indian cities on par with the top cities in the world, this isn't feasible for football clubs.</div><div>The land alone would cost most clubs in the region of 50-100 crores depending on which city we are talking about, the ROI from football alone isn't going to make financial sense.</div><div><br></div><div>T-Shirt sales (merchandise) will help , but clubs need to do more fan activation exercises like coaching camps etc. MLS players are contracted to do a certain number of hours of coaching camps & clinics.</div><div>PIFA Colaba are the only club actively doing this.</div><div><br></div>

<br><div><br></div><div>+1,000,000</div><div><br></div><div>Thank you. These are the type of posts I am looking for. Posts that go into the real estate value of land in India and goes somewhat deep into reality. Keep it up @gaffertape :)</div>
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    None of the IPL teams with the exception of Pune Warriors ( owned by real estate baron's SAHARA group ) could afford to build new stadiums & have piggy backed on BCCI improving stadia . The World Cup also helped that.<div><br></div><div>The AIFF/FIFA should be improving stadiums if they are serious about getting the 2017 U-17 World Cup, the real money in football , be it in the UK , Spain or for that matter IPL Cricket in India is from TV.</div><div><br></div><div>I-League faces too much competition right now from EPL & Spanish League not to mention cricket.</div><div><br></div><div>If AIFF/I-League put the correct infrastructure in place , they can capitalize on the decline of IPL. Give the IPL 2-3 more years when stars like Tendulkar, Dravid, Ganguly , Gayle , Lee etc retire , the TV ratings and sponsors will fizzle out.</div><div><br></div><div>Ultimately football is far more exciting.</div><div>With a stable I-League, investors can bring in "icon" players like the J_League, MLS and other leagues have done , and this will help boost ratings & the quality of the product.</div><div><br></div><div>Patience is need from the fans, and some long term thinking from the owners. </div>
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    gaffertape wrote:
    None of the IPL teams with the exception of Pune Warriors ( owned by real estate baron's SAHARA group ) could afford to build new stadiums & have piggy backed on BCCI improving stadia . The World Cup also helped that.<div><br></div><div>The AIFF/FIFA should be improving stadiums if they are serious about getting the 2017 U-17 World Cup, the real money in football , be it in the UK , Spain or for that matter IPL Cricket in India is from TV.</div><div><br></div><div>I-League faces too much competition right now from EPL & Spanish League not to mention cricket.</div><div><br></div><div>If AIFF/I-League put the correct infrastructure in place , they can capitalize on the decline of IPL. Give the IPL 2-3 more years when stars like Tendulkar, Dravid, Ganguly , Gayle , Lee etc retire , the TV ratings and sponsors will fizzle out.</div><div><br></div><div>Ultimately football is far more exciting.</div><div>With a stable I-League, investors can bring in "icon" players like the J_League, MLS and other leagues have done , and this will help boost ratings & the quality of the product.</div><div><br></div><div>Patience is need from the fans, and some long term thinking from the owners. </div>

<br><div><br></div><div>Even pune warriors dont have their own but actually it is maharashtra fed stadium it is just that sahara put all money for renovation...</div><div><br></div><div>and yea it is not sensible to wish indian clubs to come up with their own stadium ...</div><div><br></div><div>I dont see mumbai fc getting a land in the city under 150 cr and further things like practise ground and all would mean essel group itself will have to close....</div>
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    I am in complete agreement with @gaffertape. It is not feasible and not required for the clubs to build their own stadium. It is for the state to provide the infrastructure for sports. Such infrastructures can be hired by the clubs at a certain rate. But the clubs should look to have their own practice grounds. This for sure wont cost more than 5-10 crores for 2 pitches. As the state owned stadiums can be used only for matches, the practice pitches are a must.<div><br></div><div>Of course, in the cities like Mumbai, having practice pitches are not feasible either. I would suggest the clubs to move to outskirts. Even the Sahara stadium in Pune is in the outskirts of the city.</div>
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Right now stadiums are not the problem. My only I-League stadium problem is the Salt Lake Stadium. Its amazing but the atmosphere is shit and instead of EB and MB making new stadiums I would love them to renovate there respective grounds. Of course there is issues with the army as well from what I hear.</font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">As for practice grounds. I think for I-League and I-League U20 the clubs need a feasible stadium which we all already have and a training ground where the U20 teams can play on.</font></div>
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    they need to build 10k capacity stadiums with governement help and then lend them for other events liek how they do in us
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">
    usaindia wrote:
    they need to build 10k capacity stadiums with governement help and then lend them for other events liek how they do in us

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">agree. Red Bull Arena was made all by Red Bull Company but they still had to make money back so they held Rugby tournaments there and numerous other events.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div>