Economics of I league

Comments

• silicon3silicon3 351 Points
    seeing the phenomenal jump in salaries asked by the players for the comming I-league you would expect a similar jump in game standards, which i dont think will happen. this is a salary bubble created due to the small pool ofplayers we have to chose from..generally clubs would expect a rise in salary allocations by 10-15 % but the current salaries we have seen thrown around will have the salary going haywire.<br><br>Correct me if i am wrong , is there a perception that PRAYAG United have raised the salaries being offered to players and other clubs have been forced to up their packages?.<br> <br>
    Dempo - has started a good trend of growing their junior players and
    then inducting them into the senior team..AIR India also getting local
    unknown players and grooming them well, USFC - hopefully will unearth
    local talent in their camps..This should bring down the wage bill.<br>
  • silicon3 wrote:
    seeing the phenomenal jump in salaries asked by the players for the comming I-league you would expect a similar jump in game standards, which i dont think will happen. this is a salary bubble created due to the small pool ofplayers we have to chose from..generally clubs would expect a rise in salary allocations by 10-15 % but the current salaries we have seen thrown around will have the salary going haywire.<br><br>Correct me if i am wrong , is there a perception that PRAYAG United have raised the salaries being offered to players and other clubs have been forced to up their packages?.<br> <br>

<br><div style="font-weight: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-weight: normal; ">Right now the only organization that can stop the inflation of sales in I-League is the All India Football Federation. No one else. The only way AIFF can do it is through a salary cap.</div><div style="font-weight: normal; "><br></div><div>Have all Indians under the cap. Each team only allowed to have 3 "Icon" players which dont count towards the cap (so they can be payed as much as they want) but they must be foreign and have either played <b>regularly in continental competition with your national team</b>. No Indians.</div><div><br></div><div>The way I see it is that if an Indian player wants a high salary but a salary cap blocks that for him BUT that player still thinks he deserves as much as he wants than that player will try his luck abroad looking for a country and league that will still pay him as much as he wants. That is it. An Indian wants more money... go abroad.</div>
    arsenalfan wrote:
    silicon3 wrote:

<br><div style="font-weight: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-weight: normal; ">Right now the only organization that can stop the inflation of sales in I-League is the All India Football Federation. No one else. The only way AIFF can do it is through a salary cap.</div><div style="font-weight: normal; "><br></div><div>Have all Indians under the cap. Each team only allowed to have 3 "Icon" players which dont count towards the cap (so they can be payed as much as they want) but they must be foreign and have either played <b>regularly in continental competition with your national team</b>. No Indians.</div><div><br></div><div>The way I see it is that if an Indian player wants a high salary but a salary cap blocks that for him BUT that player still thinks he deserves as much as he wants than that player will try his luck abroad looking for a country and league that will still pay him as much as he wants. That is it. An Indian wants more money... go abroad.</div>

<br><br>Will AIFF have the courage to implement this?...<br>
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">They have to. They are the National Administrators of football in India. They have the authority to do this.</font>
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    You see that all states wanted santosh trophy to be open tournament so AIFF withdrew the idea to keep it a age group tournament....<div>if they are not able to cope with states i doubt whether they will keep an eye on eye to clubs and force them with the salary cap....but hopefully it is implemented for the good of the game</div>
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    shankar wrote:
    You see that all states wanted santosh trophy to be open tournament so AIFF withdrew the idea to keep it a age group tournament....<div>if they are not able to cope with states i doubt whether they will keep an eye on eye to clubs and force them with the salary cap....but hopefully it is implemented for the good of the game</div>

<br><div>But if AIFF forces this then there are club who shall happily accept it such as dempo and pune fc and to some extent usfc and prayag also but eb and mb may be forced to agree it (pressure from both ub grop and aiff)</div>
  • archak wrote:
    shankar wrote:

<br><div>But if AIFF forces this then there are club who shall happily accept it such as dempo and pune fc and to some extent usfc and prayag also but eb and mb may be forced to agree it (pressure from both ub grop and aiff)</div><p>

<br></p><p>You would think that with all the shit UB Group is in fianancially that they would love the salary cap.</p><p> </p><p>Anyway yes, if AIFF do the cap they should decide the limit with all the owners in the board room in Delhi and negotiate an amount offered by AIFF. Keep it reasonable though.</p>
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    i think team needs finance dept to come with plans to make clubs profitable
    Did u guys read coach Armand's recent news interview after his win with Prayag United., its even posted on one of the threads....he has clearly blamed the Bengal based teams to breaking the  promises on salary caps...<br><br>if this is a case then the clubs has shot themselves in the foot..<br>
  • I am sad to say this but Armando is right. Mainly Prayag are responsible for this and now it will be hard to start a salary cap because once a cap is started then Prayag, Bengal and Bagan would have to renegotiate with some players for lower salaries.