I League Player Transfers Season 2012-13

Comments

• sabirsabir 46 Points
    Mumbai FC has done an intelligent job by signing Amiri of Afghanistan in Asian quota. He is an excellent player, may be one of the top three in South Asia.
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    sabir wrote:
    Mumbai FC has done an intelligent job by signing Amiri of Afghanistan in Asian quota. He is an excellent player, may be one of the top three in South Asia.
    ya absolutely his pace had been awesome with some good skills he possess had been the reason mumbai fc are looking like a decent side in the wings with the likes of cavin lobo and nicolas joining him in wings
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    So Odafa Okolie will stay with Mohun Bagan for another year. Why not! I would do anything for what he gets
  • somesh wrote:
    So Odafa Okolie will stay with Mohun Bagan for another year. Why not! I would do anything for what he gets

Sunil Chhetri, this is your signal. Get out of Mohun Bagan before its to late!
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    Odafa wants another pay rise to keep him at Mohun Bagan !!
    For the 3 Crores figure that he is quoting , there are thousands of world class players that are available, including Ariel Ortega !

Given Churchills defeat in the Goa elections, one can expect CB not to match MB's current wages to ODafa.
    Churchill owner is keen to offload Henry......

East Bengal should look to sign Henry Antchouet, he's a better striker than Odafa, as Tolgay might take the 1 Cr offer that CB have tabled.

With Tolgay moving to Goa, Beto is rumored to be heading in the opposite direction.. a possible replacement for his buddy Barreto ?

Barreto might opt for the easy life of a smaller Goan team , so he can focus on his Academy project in Goa.

As for Indian players...

Agree Chettri should move on,, best move for him would be to Shillong Lajong, with their new owners , maybe they can help him get a loan move to Denmark as he desperately wants to prove he can play overseas.

• gaffertape wrote:
    Odafa wants another pay rise to keep him at Mohun Bagan !!
    For the 3 Crores figure that he is quoting , there are thousands of world class players that are available, including Ariel Ortega !

Given Churchills defeat in the Goa elections, one can expect CB not to match MB's current wages to ODafa.
    Churchill owner is keen to offload Henry......

East Bengal should look to sign Henry Antchouet, he's a better striker than Odafa, as Tolgay might take the 1 Cr offer that CB have tabled.

With Tolgay moving to Goa, Beto is rumored to be heading in the opposite direction.. a possible replacement for his buddy Barreto ?

Barreto might opt for the easy life of a smaller Goan team , so he can focus on his Academy project in Goa.

As for Indian players...

Agree Chettri should move on,, best move for him would be to Shillong Lajong, with their new owners , maybe they can help him get a loan move to Denmark as he desperately wants to prove he can play overseas.

Very interesting. Nice job on getting the insight @gaffertape

I say we just get rid of Odafe from I-League if that is how much he wants. What does he think this is. Great guy when talking to him personally (so I hear) but a bit of an asshole at contracts. Also if Bagan could not buy Harry Kewel (great player for Australia) then how can they pay Odafe that much. Also if that is what it would take to get Artega then let go of Odafe and sign Artega. At least Artega would bring some prestige to I-League.

I think Churchill Brothers is a club losing it. I know many will disagree but I see a relegation coming, to many managers, lost owners. Bound to happen. As for Henry, I would go to East Bengal only if Tolgay leaves which I hope he does not. I dont think he should be one of those journey men foreigners who just go around to different clubs in India. Stay at Bengal, he has a good thing going on there.

Also Beto and Barreto should both step down, they done enough for Indian Football and are currently blocking upcoming youngsters like Jewel Raja and Mahish. Let them focus on breeding the next superstars of India in Goa.

Chhetri I think should sign for Shillong Lajong then move straight away to Denmark and play for Viking. The Danish league is amazing and good enough for Chhetri, does he really think Premier League is for him, plus the Danish league is way better than Scotland. Also I hope that if all does not go well at Viking that Shillong Lajong put a clause on Chhetri's contract stating that if he does not do well at Viking and he decides to come back to India then Shillong Lajong have first right to sign him.
  • Also WTF is with these high salaries. Shouldnt we be spending less. I-League clubs are not making a profit. Even big clubs like Dempo and East Bengal are financially equal to English League 2 clubs (4th Division and USL Pro, 3rd Division United States).

I swear if for 2012-13 that the AIFF dont do a proper SALARY CAP then I will be fucking pissed off.
    arsenalfan wrote:
    Also WTF is with these high salaries. Shouldnt we be spending less. I-League clubs are not making a profit. Even big clubs like Dempo and East Bengal are financially equal to English League 2 clubs (4th Division and USL Pro, 3rd Division United States).

I swear if for 2012-13 that the AIFF dont do a proper SALARY CAP then I will be fucking pissed off.
    absolutely these high salaries for few foreign players and all these clubs get are just the name of i-league champion(not even trophy as we dont possess any)...it is better these clubs start thinking about making their more profitable than more successful....with more profitable setup success will eventually follow them
  • shankar wrote:
    arsenalfan wrote:
    Also WTF is with these high salaries. Shouldnt we be spending less. I-League clubs are not making a profit. Even big clubs like Dempo and East Bengal are financially equal to English League 2 clubs (4th Division and USL Pro, 3rd Division United States).

absolutely these high salaries for few foreign players and all these clubs get are just the name of i-league champion(not even trophy as we dont possess any)...it is better these clubs start thinking about making their more profitable than more successful....with more profitable setup success will eventually follow them

And now you know why I dont like a single entity I-League. The owners are not mature enough yet. Splashing cash on guys like Tolgay and Odafe. (OMG ODAFA IS THE TOP SCORER OF I-LEAGUE! WE SHOULD GIVE HIM EPL MONEY) That is the mentality going on in I-League right now. All AIFF need to do is set-up a proper transfer system and salary cap and roster rules and done but they are to idiotic to see that. Its not rocket science!

Like you said, we dont even have a trophy. That is why deep down I want AIFF-IMG to put I-League on a 1 year hiatus (so no 2012-13 season) and just solve all there shit out in that 1 year. Australia did that and look at them.
    ya 1 year off season and in that time may be some other knock out tournaments held at that time to keep the clubs and players busy and could come up with a better structured league which could in next decade be among the best from asia