Comments

• rudra wrote:
    gaffertape wrote:
    arsenalfan wrote:
    Good players at HAL:

Malemngamba Meetei
    Vinoth Kumar
    Rohit Chand

Some teams should be after these guys. Hey East Bengal, you guys can go after Chand but you guys already have Ugo and Raju for his position.

Mumbai FC should go after Meetei and Kumar

Malemngamba Meetei is heading to Shillong Lajong FC ,

Rohit Chand isn't good enough for I-League, 2 years at HAL and worst defensive record proves this.
    His agent always talks big of his players, for example where is "star striker" Anil Gurung right now ?

If looking for Asian defenders, Australia, Japan and Korea are much better options for I-League clubs than players from SAFF countries, who are weaker than Indian players.

Wait a min before decisions are taken on Rohit Chand.
    He came to HAL this season only after the 2nd half and played 3-4 games max. He has the man of the match against HAL's only victory, against Chirag Kerala. Last season he was impressive too. Plus he is a full back, not in central defence.
    Anyways, I League has good players like him and as a foreigner Rohit Chand is surely not the best option, but definitely he is one of the good players HAL has. If he were an Indian, definitely he wud have been good options for many mid-low table clubs, but as a foreigner u are expected to deliver more

I still say Rohit Chand to Mumbai FC along with Vinoth Kumar. They can learn a lot from Jamil.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    arsenalfan wrote:
    rudra wrote:
    gaffertape wrote:
    arsenalfan wrote:
    Good players at HAL:

Malemngamba Meetei
    Vinoth Kumar
    Rohit Chand

Some teams should be after these guys. Hey East Bengal, you guys can go after Chand but you guys already have Ugo and Raju for his position.

Rohit Chand isn't good enough for I-League, 2 years at HAL and worst defensive record proves this.
    His agent always talks big of his players, for example where is "star striker" Anil Gurung right now ?

If looking for Asian defenders, Australia, Japan and Korea are much better options for I-League clubs than players from SAFF countries, who are weaker than Indian players.

He came to HAL this season only after the 2nd half and played 3-4 games max. He has the man of the match against HAL's only victory, against Chirag Kerala. Last season he was impressive too. Plus he is a full back, not in central defence.
    Anyways, I League has good players like him and as a foreigner Rohit Chand is surely not the best option, but definitely he is one of the good players HAL has. If he were an Indian, definitely he wud have been good options for many mid-low table clubs, but as a foreigner u are expected to deliver more

I still say Rohit Chand to Mumbai FC along with Vinoth Kumar. They can learn a lot from Jamil.

But why you want Rohit Chand to improve? He is from Nepal

• rudra wrote:
    arsenalfan wrote:
    rudra wrote:
    gaffertape wrote:
    arsenalfan wrote:
    Good players at HAL:

Malemngamba Meetei
    Vinoth Kumar
    Rohit Chand

But why you want Rohit Chand to improve? He is from Nepal

Does it matter. If we get him better and the AIFF get a transfer system in place we can sell him for profit.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    Too many ifs associated, by that time Rohit Chand will retire :))
  • rudra wrote:
    Too many ifs associated, by that time Rohit Chand will retire :))

Not hard to set up a proper transfer system. Yes it takes a lot of work but this is top tier football, hard work is expected.
  • Hey, is any Indian club looking into Afonso Alves. The former Premier Leaguer and BRAZIL INTERNATIONAL has been playing in Qatar for 4 years (2 for his current club) and at the age of 31 a move to help India in a revamped 2012-13 I-League season would make sense. He will cost as much as Odafe wants but at least Alves is worth that much, Odafe is not. Also there is a rumor that Alves wants out of there so perfect time!

COME ON I-LEAGUE CLUBS! We should have more players like Densil Theobald who have past played in World Cups. Of course the I-League rule should be 1 type of player like Densil and Alves per team just so the I-League teams dont over spend. Think of it as Icon players.
  • Also I think the following foreigners should join I-League as "Icon Players" IF we start that type of rule.

- Huỳnh Kesley Alves (30), plays at Saigon F.C. sense 2011. Vietnam international (Brazilian born)

- Robert Akaruye (30), Free Agent. Former Nigerian International. 2009 AFC Cup Top-Scorer.

- Carlos Eduardo Ferrari (33), Free Agent. Brazilian Born

- Mohamed Koné (28), Free Agent. Ivory Coast Born.

- Emanuel Villa (30), Currently plays for Cruz Azul in Mexico, former Derby County player (Premier League) and Argentina born.
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    Tolgay is eager to stay back with the East Bengal team. His emoluments will increase to Rs 1.2 crore from the current 0.8 crore.
    Mohun Bagan is also desperate to get him so they might offer a bigger sum
  • arsenalfan wrote:
    COME ON I-LEAGUE CLUBS! We should have more players like Densil Theobald who have past played in World Cups. Of course the I-League rule should be 1 type of player like Densil and Alves per team just so the I-League teams dont over spend. Think of it as Icon players.

Densil Theobald has not been very impressive, and now nobody in Indian football cares. I think players like Ranti, Odafa, Tolgay, Baretto, Beto has been more influential than many bigger names in Indian football. In fact these are more apt as icon players, and they are in fact. Should see how fans flock around to photographed or hug players like Tolgey, Odafa, Baretto.

I think we sudn't conclude an untested player (in Indian conditions) as being more worthy than those who have been here and are successful.

• arsenalfan wrote:

Densil Theobald has not been very impressive, and now nobody in Indian football cares. I think players like Ranti, Odafa, Tolgay, Baretto, Beto has been more influential than many bigger names in Indian football. In fact these are more apt as icon players, and they are in fact. Should see how fans flock around to photographed or hug players like Tolgey, Odafa, Baretto.

I think we sudn't conclude an untested player (in Indian conditions) as being more worthy than those who have been here and are successful.

Yes there will be those players that out shine the "icons". American Brad Davis in MLS last season had more assists than "Icon" David Beckham.

Also Densil has brought in some stories out of Trinidad and Tobago which focus on him but at least they talk about I-League. That is what the need is, some international recognition. What if Dempo get Artega, he might not done as good as Martins or Odafe but the media frenzy would be huge, some sponsors would take notice, and the rest is history.