I-league 2012-13 General Discussion thread

Comments

• Why allow them in for free. Your a business and this is the top league in India. If you want then you can offer a discount on tickets but that is it + free promotions (free football for all fans aged 12 and younger etc).

The 700 figure is sad (5,300 got a free game) and ya you can agree on how it looks on TV (still looks empty) but what about the club... the revenue. Just from the 700 figure alone even a club like Pune FC has a bigger attendance than Churchill Brothers (actual people with tickets, I understand that Pune gives some out for free but at least Pune FC know who is allowed for free).
  • silicon3silicon3 351 Points

like the rest of the country ,  everyone in goa wants Free entry Free add ons etc etc... this is not only of teh middle class but even teh rich, if you can get it free why pay is the sad attitude,,

unfortunately GFA has obliged as usual..there are 2 many free passes available...or 2 mnay ppl gate crashing based on proximity to powerfull ppl...

• shankarshankar 2600 Points

More importantly... 700 or 5000 whatever the capacity may be the stadium is still looking empty for TV viewers so why not have a meager fans in the stadium who pay to watch rather than little more fans yet empty stadium who are watching it for free and not helping cause of any of the clubs

• i feel sorry for those 773 people who bought tickets....they must be feeling victimized (even for rs 30)

• JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points

There is something wrong in goa or something isn't done well by the clubs,gfa. Even with free entrance only 6000 people for a match betwen two of the top clubs in india.

• silicon3silicon3 351 Points

> Joyptan said:
    > There is something wrong in goa or something isn't done well by the clubs,gfa. Even with free entrance only 6000 people for a match betwen two of the top clubs in india.

lots of factors which have aldready been discussed on the forum..

• > silicon3 said:
    > like the rest of the country ,  everyone in goa wants Free entry Free add ons etc etc... this is not only of teh middle class but even teh rich, if you can get it free why pay is the sad attitude,,

That is the same attitude I see in America. "Why go to a MLS game when we can see the local college team for free."

The only way we got around it was through benefits. For example... on many match-days we would distribute a free jersey or ball to the first 5,000 fans 13 and under. Or we would give each fan free concessions for the night.

Something along those lines. I would love to see that used here and see how it works. They need to think of something quick.
  • BTW At the beginning of the game they showed that Colm Toal is at the Sporting Goa vs United Sikkim game. 

Hmmm, USFC do need a coach?
  • DomnicDomnic 2309 Points

@kid and joy. I hope you guys remember the heated discussion we had few weeks back about the actual attendence. You guys were mocking me when I said thay the attendence in Goa does not depend on tickets. My stand is vindicated by this revelation.

There are far too many passes given out. Even i have a complimentary season pass. Although I got it from someone in CB. And when I go to stadium I see these passes with every tom dick and harry. And all these passes are for free.

I dont understand why these passes are given out???? I think every person can afford 30 Rs.

• JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points
    edited November 2012

@Domnic i think passes are also like tickets.

when a club gives a pass they give it from their alocated tickets.

and why every tom-dick-hary has a pass? because clubs know with out that there won't much crowd in the ground.